Can a Repub. nominee win with ONLY white voters?

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
First, the fact that the question is posed (and not by just me but from several pundits), shows that we are a deeply divided country, especially since the Trumpster began opening his foul mouth.

Nonetheless, the question is relevant....and few right wingers can address it without lamely retorting, "well, Obama is the main divider..." which is nonsense since Obama could NOT win TWICE with just the black vote or even by the overwhelming majority of minorities' voters.

So, having Trump alienate, blacks, Latinos, Muslims, LGBTs, sane women, most Vets, etc. what are REALLY his chances?

Some right wingers will surely respond with the temporal fact that Trump has risen in the latest polls, but isn't that mainly because he has kicked all his competitors to the curb through his antics? No doubt Trump will win most of the GOP voters this November, but any sane and objective observer would conclude that this majority is FAR FROM ENOUGH !!!!

what is a "temporal fact"? Is that even a fargin word?

I guess it has came down to this. 2016 will be white people versus everyone else. I'm sure that one day white people will crush the proletariat once and for all but not in 2016.

Notice that the left never refers to voters as "Americans"? It's always about race and race baiters. It's a shame that Black people are still treated by the left as 2nd class citizens in the 21st century and have to listen to smarmy bigots who run the democrat party plantation.

what is a "temporal fact"?

"temporal" pertains to affairs in the present.....and, Yes, Trump has gotten a "temporal" boost as the only one the GOP has left standing.

Regarding the remainder of your response....I am an older WHITE male who is not "scared" of those darkies becoming the majority voters....its is a fact of life, and even Texas and Florida will soon turn purple...and without those 2 states, republicans will seldom win the WH....and certainly NOT this year.

Notice that the left never refers to voters as "Americans"? It's always about race and race baiters. It's a shame that Black people are still treated by the left as 2nd class citizens in the 21st century and have to listen to smarmy bigots who run the democrat party plantation.

Stupid response......

First, since it is TRUE that black people vote overwhelmingly for democrats....YOUR assertion that they're being treated as 2nd class citizens also implies ....BY YOU.....that they're dumb and can't understand just how "nice" right wingers have treated them in the past and will in the future.

Besides, stating voters as "Americans" is redundant since this is an American forum for the most part.

Any other "pearls of wisdom" by nitwits like you???

First, the fact that the question is posed (and not by just me but from several pundits), shows that we are a deeply divided country, especially since the Trumpster began opening his foul mouth.

Nonetheless, the question is relevant....and few right wingers can address it without lamely retorting, "well, Obama is the main divider..." which is nonsense since Obama could NOT win TWICE with just the black vote or even by the overwhelming majority of minorities' voters.

So, having Trump alienate, blacks, Latinos, Muslims, LGBTs, sane women, most Vets, etc. what are REALLY his chances?

Some right wingers will surely respond with the temporal fact that Trump has risen in the latest polls, but isn't that mainly because he has kicked all his competitors to the curb through his antics? No doubt Trump will win most of the GOP voters this November, but any sane and objective observer would conclude that this majority is FAR FROM ENOUGH !!!!

Just as you lamely jab at Trump, you already condemn those that will lamely jab Obama. Precious is your double standard.

As far as just the white vote, no. You need the support of more than one group. You implication that only insane women will vote for Trump is dividing in of its own. They hypocrisy that you display is pretty mind numbing.

At this point Trump has a shot. The dislike factor will cause people to hold their noses and vote for Clinton or Trump.

That the only way either candidate can support themselves by running down the opposition is very telling.

"The U.S. electorate this year will be the country’s most racially and ethnically diverse ever. Nearly one-in-three eligible voters on Election Day (31%) will be Hispanic, black, Asian or another racial or ethnic minority, up from 29% in 2012. Much of this change is due to strong growth among Hispanic eligible voters, in particular U.S.-born youth."
2016 electorate will be the most diverse in U.S. history
I suppose it will come down to how many eligible voters bother casting ballots in November. So far, turnouts have not been particularly high, I think???

Just as you lamely jab at Trump, you already condemn those that will lamely jab Obama.

Your stupidity and biases are evident JUST on your first sentence. Comparing Trump to Obama is nothing but imbecility....and. who knows, if you grow some more brain cells you too would realize that the comparison is just inane. Nonetheless you're fully entitled to be a bit stupid.

Your answer is no. Republicans cannot mathematically win with white only votes, 70% of the Americans eligible to vote are white a decline of 15% since 1980. George W. Bush won with 58% of the white vote and 26% of the non-white vote, numbers that would lose the White House today.
“To win 50.1 percent of the popular vote, we estimate, Republicans will need nearly 64 percent of the white vote — which would be a record for a non-incumbent Republican presidential candidate.” Yes, Republicans will take the Senate. But here’s a GOP reality check.

This is why we saw so much early movement toward Jeb Bush and Marco Rubio, it was to solidify the Hispanic vote. What bothers me the most about these numbers is the fact that Republicans were literally warned that they had to have minority votes to win. So what did they do? Right after the 2012 election they went hog wild with abortion laws, anti gay marriage rhetoric, anti immigrant rhetoric, anti raise minimum wage rhetoric, criticism over black violence rhetoric, and drove all of those voters away. I don't know if it was poor leadership or if the temptation to stand on principle when that principle could kill you politically that caused this tumult, but it was certainly regrettable for the GOP.

Many Republicans believe that they will win this election, but the math is correct. It also means that when the election is over they will have to confront some uncomfortable realities and how to deal with it.

"Can a Repub. nominee win with ONLY white voters?"

More precisely, can a GOP presidential candidate win with only republican and conservative votes, the vast majority of whom are white – and the answer is ‘no.’

This is why we saw so much early movement toward Jeb Bush and Marco Rubio, it was to solidify the Hispanic vote. What bothers me the most about these numbers is the fact that Republicans were literally warned that they had to have minority votes to win. So what did they do? Right after the 2012 election they went hog wild with abortion laws, anti gay marriage rhetoric, anti immigrant rhetoric, anti raise minimum wage rhetoric, criticism over black violence rhetoric, and drove all of those voters away. I don't know if it was poor leadership or if the temptation to stand on principle when that principle could kill you politically that caused this tumult, but it was certainly regrettable for the GOP.

Many Republicans believe that they will win this election, but the math is correct. It also means that when the election is over they will have to confront some uncomfortable realities and how to deal with it.

True.....and what truly amazes me is the fact that after republican losses for the WH (TWICE) they performed an "autopsy" of what went so damn wrong for them.....and, sure enough, the main discovery was their blatant disregard of the minority vote through their rhetoric and stated policies......So, what do they do to remedy this fact????

They went for the insulter-in-chief.......our beloved Donald......Go figure !!!

How ignorant .. as if republicans treat black people any better ..

.. as if the Republican Party is filled with people of color and it's the democrats with an all-white party .. neither is true ..

.. as if republicans don't pass laws to disenfranchise the black vote ..

.. as if the Republican Party isn't the home of racism and racists.

NOTE: We don't refer to ourselves as just Americans .. which lumps us in with the racists and morons that comprise the Republican Party.

I know .. give me some 200 year-old history about how the Republican Party was started as the party of anti-slavery .. as if that's relevant today. IT ISN'T. What is relevant today is that African-Americans don't need the party of racists .. don't fucking need republicans for a goddamn thing. Don't fucking need you .. don't fucking like you .. looking forward to dancing on the graves of what's left of the Republican Party.

I hope that helps.

can democrats win with only welfare blacks, illegals, and transvestites?

Probably not.....But we can win(and have WON) with sane and less racist voters. Next question, fishbreath? LOL

How about rephrasing the question to can a republican win with a majority of legally registered American votes? The differential between race, ethnicity, discloses your tendency toward accepting a division of the races which the current racist in chief has successfully fostered and promoted over the past 7.5 years.

How about rephrasing the question to can a republican win with a majority of legally registered American votes? The differential between race, ethnicity, discloses your tendency toward accepting a division of the races which the current racist in chief has successfully fostered and promoted over the past 7.5 years.

Yes, I will readily admit that Obama has successfully promoted a division between sane Americans and KKK members and KKK wanna-be members.......The nerve of the guy, don't you think?

Just as you lamely jab at Trump, you already condemn those that will lamely jab Obama.

Your stupidity and biases are evident JUST on your first sentence. Comparing Trump to Obama is nothing but imbecility....and. who knows, if you grow some more brain cells you too would realize that the comparison is just inane. Nonetheless you're fully entitled to be a bit stupid.

I didn't equate Trump to Obama, no point in trying to both have strong suits and both have short suits.

I equated you trying to equate the two. Thanks for proving I have a lot more brain cells and I am less bias than you. Nonetheless you have every right to be a partisan hypocrite.

You idiots on both sides choose really bad candidates and then all you have is running down the other guy because your candidate has nothing positive to offer. That includes the dimwitted Trump supports and the equally dimwitted Clinton supporters.

If you had any brain cells you would figure out that these two aren't worth supporting. No continue on with your partisan bullshit session.

Of course Republicans could win with only the white vote. The demographics are clear. The problem is the white pussy/dingbat vote.

Probably not.....But we can win(and have WON) with sane and less racist voters. Next question, fishbreath? LOL

Funny, the most racist voters are in the dem camp today. Do you think BLM is not racist? How about the black panthers? The NAACP? You dems own the racist elements in this country. Your Kenyan messiah has exploited racism for the last 7 years and divided this country like never before. Obozo has set race relations back 50 years or more.

Yes, I will readily admit that Obama has successfully promoted a division between sane Americans and KKK members and KKK wanna-be members.......The nerve of the guy, don't you think?

The KKK was started by democrats, Its members in congress were all democrats. Lincoln was a republican.

Dems are promoters of racism and hate.

Forum List

Back