Can Hobby Lobby Buy the Bible?

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2009

"In just the past six years, the evangelical owners of Hobby Lobby have amassed one of the world’s largest private collections of biblical antiquities. Why?"

The Greens have every right to create a faith message, nothing wrong with that. It's not any worse or better than any other. With their money, however, they may have figured to create only one story of the Bible instead of the many variations that have existed for centuries and centuries.

• Banned
It would be certainly their take.

And define "crafters", please.

Last edited:

"In just the past six years, the evangelical owners of Hobby Lobby have amassed one of the world’s largest private collections of biblical antiquities. Why?"

The Greens have every right to create a faith message, nothing wrong with that. It's not any worse or better than any other. With their money, however, they may have figured to create only one story of the Bible instead of the many variations that have existed for centuries and centuries.

They can purchase one if they wish. Walmart has them for sale. Practically any version one wants. Are you ill again this afternoon?

Wonder if they can explain why they call a Jew their Lord and Savior, when he had nothing to do with many other Jews and absolutely no Gentiles?

I suppose they can call whomever they wish Lord and Savior. You and Will Smith call Obama Lord and Savior. Equal rights, you understand?

Wonder if they can explain why they call a Jew their Lord and Savior, when he had nothing to do with many other Jews and absolutely no Gentiles?

I suppose they can call whomever they wish Lord and Savior. You and Will Smith call Obama Lord and Savior. Equal rights, you understand?
Obama is just a man, now you know. Some of us bow to no one.

Interesting. I hope it displays all the translations, interpretations, reinterpretations, and the process of determining which gospels would be included, so people can see how we came to have the current versions of the bible.
That would be appreciated, starting with Who wrote the Gospels, since not a soul actually knows...

Ok. I accept that your post was just another of your bigot rants.

Well after presenting you and "they" with all kinds of evidence and reasoning (and miracles), and probably after you personally have spent at least 30 years thinking about this ---- the answer to your question is--> No, we cannot explain it to you.

And we feel very bad about that.

No, I'm truly interested in the answer (and can't get one):

Matthew 10:

5 These twelve Jesus sent out, instructing them, “Go nowhere among the Gentiles and enter no town of the Samaritans, 6 but go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 7 And proclaim as you go, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’

Last edited:
Well after presenting you and "they" with all kinds of evidence and reasoning (and miracles), and probably after you personally have spent at least 30 years thinking about this ---- the answer to your question is--> No, we cannot explain it to you.

And we feel very bad about that.
So, you feel that Jesus is correct even though as a Jewish man he had absolutely nothing to do with "saving" the Gentiles, like you? The Jewish cult of 2,000 years ago is now the On True Faith for people who aren't even Jews?

So that is the hang up? You cannot be sure if we evolved or if the God really did create the world in six days?

Well, if it helps I can tell you this, Jesus doe not really care which account you believe. All those "variations" you refer to are pretty minor in their importance, and they are primarily used by those who do not want to believe anything about the Bible and the world to come. Christians somehow manage to get along even if we do not always agree that the ark really had all those animals on it.

Good for him.

Never see it, but no worse than many other museums around.

Matthew 12:

5 These twelve Jesus sent out, instructing them, “Go nowhere among the Gentiles and enter no town of the Samaritans, 6 but go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 7 And proclaim as you go, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’

That's because you really don't seek one and we all know it. You really should research before you make stupid comments:

Mar_16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Matthew 12:

That's because you really don't seek one and we all know it.
No, I do seek the answer. Why would you call a Jewish man Lord when he had nothing to do with many Jews, let alone those who weren't Jewish?

Forum List

Back