Can Hobby Lobby Buy the Bible?

Actually, these are YOUR problems. Among others.
It's no problem for me. I'm not a Gentile who calls a Jewish man Lord when he dealt only with Jews, and not even many of them.

It certainly appears to be a problem for you. You have brought this up time and again in other threads.
Because I'm trying to get a rational answer, that I'm not getting this time either. If Jesus didn't believe himself God, or a savior for all mankind, why do you?

He was a Jew thinking of himself as the Jewish Messiah. There are no gentiles in that role, not a one.

Why don't you study the Bible just a mite and find the answers to these questions instead of posting one after another of your own concerns of which you will accept no answer because you already know everything there is to know?
I know the Bible, which is why I know Jesus is rather nuts but it's not up for debate that "Christianity" started as a Jewish Messiah cult. I have yet to find a Christian who can tell my why they call a Jewish man Lord when he had nothing to do with non-Jews?

No. You don't know the Bible or you would know the answer to your question. You don't want an answer. You just want to ask stupid questions and attempt to display your ignorance.

it's for-filling psalm 22

Psalm 22 A psalm of David.

1 My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
Why are you so far from saving me,
so far from my cries of anguish?
2 My God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer,
by night, but I find no rest.[b]
3 Yet you are enthroned as the Holy One;
you are the one Israel praises.[c]
4 In you our ancestors put their trust;
they trusted and you delivered them.
5 To you they cried out and were saved;
in you they trusted and were not put to shame.
6 But I am a worm and not a man,
scorned by everyone, despised by the people.
7 All who see me mock me;
they hurl insults, shaking their heads.
8 “He trusts in the Lord,” they say,
“let the Lord rescue him.
Let him deliver him,
since he delights in him.”
9 Yet you brought me out of the womb;
you made me trust in you, even at my mother’s breast.
10 From birth I was cast on you;
from my mother’s womb you have been my God.
11 Do not be far from me,
for trouble is near
and there is no one to help.
12 Many bulls surround me;
strong bulls of Bashan encircle me.
13 Roaring lions that tear their prey
open their mouths wide against me.
14 I am poured out like water,
and all my bones are out of joint.
My heart has turned to wax;
it has melted within me.
15 My mouth[d] is dried up like a potsherd,
and my tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth;
you lay me in the dust of death.
16 Dogs surround me,
a pack of villains encircles me;
they pierce[e] my hands and my feet.
17 All my bones are on display;
people stare and gloat over me.
18 They divide my clothes among them
and cast lots for my garment.
19 But you, Lord, do not be far from me.
You are my strength; come quickly to help me.
20 Deliver me from the sword,
my precious life from the power of the dogs.
21 Rescue me from the mouth of the lions;
save me from the horns of the wild oxen.
22 I will declare your name to my people;
in the assembly I will praise you.
23 You who fear the Lord, praise him!
All you descendants of Jacob, honor him!
Revere him, all you descendants of Israel!
24 For he has not despised or scorned
the suffering of the afflicted one;
he has not hidden his face from him
but has listened to his cry for help.
25 From you comes the theme of my praise in the great assembly;
before those who fear you[f] I will fulfill my vows.
26 The poor will eat and be satisfied;
those who seek the Lord will praise him—
may your hearts live forever!
27 All the ends of the earth
will remember and turn to the Lord,
and all the families of the nations
will bow down before him,
28 for dominion belongs to the Lord
and he rules over the nations.
29 All the rich of the earth will feast and worship;
all who go down to the dust will kneel before him—
those who cannot keep themselves alive.
30 Posterity will serve him;
future generations will be told about the Lord.
31 They will proclaim his righteousness,
declaring to a people yet unborn:
He has done it!

It's no problem for me. I'm not a Gentile who calls a Jewish man Lord when he dealt only with Jews, and not even many of them.

It certainly appears to be a problem for you. You have brought this up time and again in other threads.
Because I'm trying to get a rational answer, that I'm not getting this time either. If Jesus didn't believe himself God, or a savior for all mankind, why do you?

He was a Jew thinking of himself as the Jewish Messiah. There are no gentiles in that role, not a one.

Why don't you study the Bible just a mite and find the answers to these questions instead of posting one after another of your own concerns of which you will accept no answer because you already know everything there is to know?
I know the Bible, which is why I know Jesus is rather nuts but it's not up for debate that "Christianity" started as a Jewish Messiah cult. I have yet to find a Christian who can tell my why they call a Jewish man Lord when he had nothing to do with non-Jews?

No. You don't know the Bible or you would know the answer to your question. You don't want an answer. You just want to ask stupid questions and attempt to display your ignorance.
It's a simple question. Why did Jesus not preach to the Gentiles? And why would you believe him to be the Jewish Messiah, a role that has not a thing to do with any non-Jew?
Judaism 101: Mashiach: The Messiah

It's a simple question. Why did Jesus not preach to the Gentiles? And why would you believe him to be the Jewish Messiah, a role that has not a thing to do with any non-Jew?

Here! I'll humor you once more but once more you will deny and keep bashing Christ.

Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Here! I'll humor you once more but once more you will deny and keep bashing Christ.

Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
Wonderful, and yet, we know from its history that the Jesus movement was a strictly Jewish cult, made up only of Jews (or converts) who lived as Jews. So, what makes you think he came for you when he did not think that himself?

Wonderful, and yet, we know from its history that the Jesus movement was a strictly Jewish cult, made up only of Jews (or converts) who lived as Jews. So, what makes you think he came for you when he did not think that himself?

Well, duhhhh. Matthew 28:18 - 28:20 plainly shows that He made provision for our salvation through the work of the Apostles and later through Paul. You have problems comprehending Matthew 28:18 - 28:20? What does the term "all nations" mean to you? Nothing???

Wonder if they can explain why they call a Jew their Lord and Savior, when he had nothing to do with many other Jews and absolutely no Gentiles?
Well after presenting you and "they" with all kinds of evidence and reasoning (and miracles), and probably after you personally have spent at least 30 years thinking about this ---- the answer to your question is--> No, we cannot explain it to you.

And we feel very bad about that.
Absolute bullshit "you've" provided nothing that is not erroneous conjecture and stone age campfire tales.
No religion as ever produced a shred of evidence emperical or otherwise.
What "you" call reason is nothing of the kind.
It can't be explained to non fantasy prone people for the same reason some people can't be hypnotized.
"The hypnotized never lie!....do ya?"
Pete Townsend- the who

Can Hobby Lobby Buy the Bible?

"In just the past six years, the evangelical owners of Hobby Lobby have amassed one of the world’s largest private collections of biblical antiquities. Why?"

The Greens have every right to create a faith message, nothing wrong with that. It's not any worse or better than any other. With their money, however, they may have figured to create only one story of the Bible instead of the many variations that have existed for centuries and centuries.

So that is the hang up? You cannot be sure if we evolved or if the God really did create the world in six days?

Well, if it helps I can tell you this, Jesus doe not really care which account you believe. All those "variations" you refer to are pretty minor in their importance, and they are primarily used by those who do not want to believe anything about the Bible and the world to come. Christians somehow manage to get along even if we do not always agree that the ark really had all those animals on it.
More absolute bullshit !
Evolution is settled science .
You clowns inevitable get that mixed up with origins, that is an open Question.
And Christians don't manage to get along .
History is the proof.

Science is a method of investigation not a faith belief, daws.

The basis for faith and science are different.

Science is a method of investigation not a faith belief, daws.

The basis for faith and science are different.
, I know that Jake, science requires evidence faith does not.
"Evidence" is a term used differently in faith and science. They are not equivalent one to the other, nor can they be superior one to the other.

Well, duhhhh. Matthew 28:18 - 28:20 plainly shows that He made provision for our salvation through the work of the Apostles and later through Paul. You have problems comprehending Matthew 28:18 - 28:20? What does the term "all nations" mean to you? Nothing???
It's not what does it mean to me, but what did it mean to Jesus, who said ignore the Gentiles?

Ask yourself, is All Nations the same as All People, when he said specifically, don't bother with A and B people?

Forum List

Back