Can Hobby Lobby Buy the Bible?

Paul is who created "Christianity" (by letting the Gentiles in), a term first used roughly 100 years after the Jewish man called Yeshua was executed for insurrection against Rome believing that he was the Jewish Messiah, not the savior of all mankind. Paul, who never met Jesus, is the founder of your faith.
Boy you come up with some wild theories, IMO.

It sounds as though you will acknowledge that G-d exists. And that Jesus was either G-d too, or at least the most important divine messenger G-d ever allowed to visit mankind?

So now given that, you are implying that G-d only intended to save Jews from the nether world or the clutches of the devil. And Jesus was only here to help "some Jews" and nobody else. Most Jews and all non-Jews were destined to suffer after they die in hell?

And that is how you interpret the Bible? No wonder you are not a strong believer.

PaintmyHouse has been shown the Scripture where Christ plainly instructed the Apostles to go into all the world and to preach the gospel unto every creature but within two days he'll be back on here posting the same stupid garbage.
Actually, Jesus never did, hence the problem:

Matthew 10

Actually, these are YOUR problems. Among others.
It's no problem for me. I'm not a Gentile who calls a Jewish man Lord when he dealt only with Jews, and not even many of them.

But it just drives your little atheist mind up the wall doesn't it? You are one sick puppy. Get over your self-worship.

Paul is who created "Christianity" (by letting the Gentiles in), a term first used roughly 100 years after the Jewish man called Yeshua was executed for insurrection against Rome believing that he was the Jewish Messiah, not the savior of all mankind. Paul, who never met Jesus, is the founder of your faith.
Boy you come up with some wild theories, IMO.

It sounds as though you will acknowledge that G-d exists. And that Jesus was either G-d too, or at least the most important divine messenger G-d ever allowed to visit mankind?

So now given that, you are implying that G-d only intended to save Jews from the nether world or the clutches of the devil. And Jesus was only here to help "some Jews" and nobody else. Most Jews and all non-Jews were destined to suffer after they die in hell?

And that is how you interpret the Bible? No wonder you are not a strong believer.
Jesus never thought he was God, nor did he believe that he was sent to save all mankind, as I've pointed out.

Mark 15:34
And at three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthani?" (which means "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?").

Is he talking to himself?

PaintmyHouse has been shown the Scripture where Christ plainly instructed the Apostles to go into all the world and to preach the gospel unto every creature but within two days he'll be back on here posting the same stupid garbage.

Matthew 10

It's no problem for me. I'm not a Gentile who calls a Jewish man Lord when he dealt only with Jews, and not even many of them.

But it just drives your little atheist mind up the wall doesn't it? You are one sick puppy. Get over your self-worship.
I'm agnostic, the only rational position.

And I see you are unable to answer the question.

Good for him.

Never see it, but no worse than many other museums around.
Wonder if they can explain why they call a Jew their Lord and Savior, when he had nothing to do with many other Jews and absolutely no Gentiles?

I suppose they can call whomever they wish Lord and Savior. You and Will Smith call Obama Lord and Savior. Equal rights, you understand?
Obama is just a man, now you know. Some of us bow to no one.

Ok. I accept that your post was just another of your bigot rants.
No, I'm truly interested in the answer (and can't get one):

Matthew 12:

5 These twelve Jesus sent out, instructing them, “Go nowhere among the Gentiles and enter no town of the Samaritans, 6 but go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 7 And proclaim as you go, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’

correction for you...
it's Matthew 10:5 NOT Matthew 12:5

And the apostles first mission was to preach to the Jews, then to the Gentiles....

Jesus had already had great success with the Samaritans, and had done so Himself.

It was the Apostles that needed more time in their 'preaching' the good news before doing so with these other groups... the Jews was just His first priority for the apostles, NOT HIS ONE AND ONLY, or LAST.

read these commentaries about it:

Matthew 10:5 Commentaries: These twelve Jesus sent out after instructing them: "Do not go in the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter any city of the Samaritans;

For debate:

What About Jesus?

Jews do not believe that Jesus was the mashiach. Assuming that he existed, and assuming that the Christian scriptures are accurate in describing him (both matters that are debatable), he simply did not fulfill the mission of the mashiach as it is described in the biblical passages cited above. Jesus did not do any of the things that the scriptures said the messiah would do.

On the contrary, another Jew born about a century later came far closer to fulfilling the messianic ideal than Jesus did. His name was Shimeon ben Kosiba, known as Bar Kokhba (son of a star), and he was a charismatic, brilliant, but brutal warlord. Rabbi Akiba, one of the greatest scholars in Jewish history, believed that Bar Kokhba was the mashiach. Bar Kokhba fought a war against the Roman Empire, catching the Tenth Legion by surprise and retaking Jerusalem. He resumed sacrifices at the site of the Temple and made plans to rebuild the Temple. He established a provisional government and began to issue coins in its name. This is what the Jewish people were looking for in a mashiach; Jesus clearly does not fit into this mold. Ultimately, however, the Roman Empire crushed his revolt and killed Bar Kokhba. After his death, all acknowledged that he was not the mashiach.

Throughout Jewish history, there have been many people who have claimed to be the mashiach, or whose followers have claimed that they were the mashiach: Shimeon Bar Kokhba, Shabbatai Tzvi, Jesus, and many others too numerous to name. Leo Rosten reports some very entertaining accounts under the entry for meshiekh in The New Joys of Yiddish. But all of these people died without fulfilling the mission of the mashiach; therefore, none of them were the mashiach. The mashiach and the Olam Ha-Ba lie in the future, not in the past.
Judaism 101: Mashiach: The Messiah

Wonder if they can explain why they call a Jew their Lord and Savior, when he had nothing to do with many other Jews and absolutely no Gentiles?

I suppose they can call whomever they wish Lord and Savior. You and Will Smith call Obama Lord and Savior. Equal rights, you understand?

Matthew 10:

5 These twelve Jesus sent out, instructing them, “Go nowhere among the Gentiles and enter no town of the Samaritans, 6 but go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 7 And proclaim as you go, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’

correction for you...

And the apostles first mission was to preach to the Jews, then to the Gentiles....

Jesus had already had great success with the Samaritans, and had done so Himself.

It was the Apostles that needed more time in their 'preaching' the good news before doing so with these other groups... the Jews was just His first priority for the apostles, NOT HIS ONE AND ONLY, or LAST.

Matthew 10:5 Commentaries: These twelve Jesus sent out after instructing them: "Do not go in the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter any city of the Samaritans;
Fixed. Sorry. Not sure how I missed that...

Matthew 10 NIV

Matthew 12:

correction for you...

Jesus used the Samaritans only to say look, those Hebrews are better than you are, like the Roman with more faith. He didn't have anything to do with the Samaritans either and they, at least to us, are Jews.

Matthew 10

It certainly appears to be a problem for you. You have brought this up time and again in other threads.

Matthew 10

It certainly appears to be a problem for you. You have brought this up time and again in other threads.
Because I'm trying to get a rational answer, that I'm not getting this time either. If Jesus didn't believe himself God, or a savior for all mankind, why do you?

He was a Jew thinking of himself as the Jewish Messiah. There are no gentiles in that role, not a one.

Jesus never thought he was God, nor did he believe that he was sent to save all mankind, as I've pointed out.

And at three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthani?" (which means "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?").

You cannot oversimplify all of God's Word to put into clear and precise human reasoning. But God has given us clearly all we need to know for our purpose of existence and our salvation.

Like he told Job who demanded answers to his suffering, (paraphrase) "when you can tell me how I formed the universe and hung the stars in the sky then I will answer that which you demand of me. Until then do not be such a fool demanding the one who created to you be answerable to you."

As to your verse, why do you believe the one's that sound unreasonable but reject all those that are not? Why do you insist on being the proud defiant one? Jesus, the Holy Spirit and the Father are three persons in one God. So what? You find that too big of a trick to accept? Consider that Jesus is listening personally to one million humans praying at the same time. Fact. So not hard for me to conceive there are "three of him in one" in other ways of looking at it.

Would you not like to know the real authors of the Gospels?

No.
And there we have it. Faith = ignorance.

And in your case, self-importance = ignorance.
I am ignorant of very little, but you have already admitted that being ignorant, as in who wrote the Gospels, bothers you not at all.

Oh, we all know you are a self-proclaimed genius. You have preached that fact over and over again. It is blinding to simply stand in your shadow.

Matthew 10

Because I'm trying to get a rational answer, that I'm not getting this time either. If Jesus didn't believe himself God, or a savior for all mankind, why do you?

He was a Jew thinking of himself as the Jewish Messiah. There are no gentiles in that role, not a one.

Why don't you study the Bible just a mite and find the answers to these questions instead of posting one after another of your own concerns of which you will accept no answer because you already know everything there is to know?

Matthew 10:

correction for you...

Matthew 10 NIV

No matter. You are a total waste of time anyways.

You cannot oversimplify all of God's Word to put into clear and precise human reasoning. But God has given us clearly all we need to know for our purpose of existence and our salvation.

Like he told Job who demanded answers to his suffering, (paraphrase) "when you can tell me how I formed the universe and hung the stars in the sky then I will answer that which you demand of me. Until then do not be such a fool demanding the one who created to you be answerable to you."

As to your verse, why do you believe the one's that sound unreasonable but reject all those that are not? Why do you insist on being the proud defiant one? Jesus, the Holy Spirit and the Father are three persons in one God. So what? You find that too big of a trick to accept? Consider that Jesus is listening personally to one million humans praying at the same time. Fact. So not hard for me to conceive there are "three of him in one" in other ways of looking at it.
One, I don't need salvation.
Two, can you answer the questions or not?
Three, just have faith is not an answer.

Matthew 10

Why don't you study the Bible just a mite and find the answers to these questions instead of posting one after another of your own concerns of which you will accept no answer because you already know everything there is to know?
I know the Bible, which is why I know Jesus is rather nuts but it's not up for debate that "Christianity" started as a Jewish Messiah cult. I have yet to find a Christian who can tell my why they call a Jewish man Lord when he had nothing to do with non-Jews?

Matthew 10:

correction for you...

Matthew 10 NIV

No matter. You are a total waste of time anyways.
How very Christian of you...

Forum List

Back