Can Palestinians Govern "Palestine?"

Frankly, we need some more "good guys" with power leading in the Middle East. Jordan, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Israel working together would be a GREAT start.

You don't give military aid to a place that has no generally agreed upon govt. And is split between rival factions that want to kill each other. . Are you nutz? That shouldn't even BE on the table until the proper leadership and authorities are in place.
The security forces in the illegal "PA" in the West Bank is armed, paid, and trained by the US to take out Hamas and other resistance factions. The so called unity government wants to put those forces in Gaza. Of course Hamas is opposed to that. Hamas ran those US supported forces out of Gaza in 2007.

Besides -- you're so deep into denying the Pali failings in this crisis to realize that the BIGGER threat are murders and public street executions that Hamas conducts in Gaza. There is no continued "purge" in the West Bank -- but it's a feature of life in Gaza.
There are hundreds of Hamas members in "PA" jails who have not violated any law.

But yeah, these fine folks are stateworthy. Islamo-justice is a wonder to behold.

If that's their choice, and it makes them happy -- I'm all for it. Wouldn't be the ONLY state in the UN with those handicaps. What can not be tolerated -- is to have that state hijacked by radicalized Islamists with a tendency to project violence across their borders.
What borders have the Palestinians ever crossed?

The security forces in the illegal "PA" in the West Bank is armed, paid, and trained by the US to take out Hamas and other resistance factions. The so called unity government wants to put those forces in Gaza. Of course Hamas is opposed to that. Hamas ran those US supported forces out of Gaza in 2007.

Besides -- you're so deep into denying the Pali failings in this crisis to realize that the BIGGER threat are murders and public street executions that Hamas conducts in Gaza. There is no continued "purge" in the West Bank -- but it's a feature of life in Gaza.
There are hundreds of Hamas members in "PA" jails who have not violated any law.

But yeah, these fine folks are stateworthy. Islamo-justice is a wonder to behold.

If that's their choice, and it makes them happy -- I'm all for it. Wouldn't be the ONLY state in the UN with those handicaps. What can not be tolerated -- is to have that state hijacked by radicalized Islamists with a tendency to project violence across their borders.
What borders have the Palestinians ever crossed?

First, define these Pal'stanians from the mythical Pal'istan you have invented.

Second, the Arabs-Moslems occupying the disputed territories have crossed the borders defended by Israel and the borders defended by Egypt, for a start.

Hollie, et al,

Yes, this gets more interesting with time.

I find it really hilarious that the Palestinians can't seem to determine who are citizens and eligible to vote.

"The draft Law submitted by the cabinet and based on the ratifications of the
PLC in its session held on 13/8/2005 and on behalf of the Palestinian People we promulgate
the following Law:"

Chapter Three
The right to vote

Article 6 Elections shall be conducted in a free, direct, confidential and individual manner. No vote by proxy shall be allowed.

Article 7 The right to vote shall be practiced according to provisions of this law, for who shall fulfill the following conditions: -
1. A Palestinian, who shall attain eighteen years on polling day.
2. Resident at the electoral district for a period not less than six months from the date of elections.
3. His/her name is listed on the final voters’ list of the electoral district where he/she shall vote
4. He/she shall not be legally incompetent.

Arab-Moslem third world'ers doing what Arab-Moslem third world'ers do.

Palestinian High Court Rules Elections to Be Held in West Bank Only

The Upcoming Palestinian Elections in the West Bank

Voters in the Gaza Strip and East Jerusalem will be excluded from the vote.
(COMMENT)

I have two thought here.

All the outside observers should keep their fingers out of this, to include the Israelis -- especially the Israels.
All the external observers should make it very clear, that the upcoming elections are a Palestinian Domestic Issue. And as such, the Article 2(7) of the UN Charter, stipulates that "nothing contained in the present Charter shall authorize the United Nations to intervene in matters which are essentially within the domestic jurisdiction of any state."
If the Palestinians find some way to excluded HAMAS, it should not happen because the US, the EU and Israel consider HAMAS to be a state sponsor of terrorism. It should happen because it is really the will of the population. If the Arab Palestinians vote for HAMAS, we will know that they are still a people that approve of HAMAS activities --- even in the light of the International legal instruments and their application to HAMAS and the associate Jihadis, Terrorist, Insurgents, Resistance, rebels and other asymmetric criminals they rely upon.

But in light of the topic of this particular thread, does anyone really think the Palestinians really perform the functions normally associated with government in Gaza?

Most Respectfully,
R​

...If the Palestinians find some way to exclude HAMAS, it should not happen because the US, the EU and Israel consider HAMAS to be a state sponsor of terrorism. It should happen because it is really the will of the population... But in light of the topic of this particular thread, does anyone really think the Palestinians really perform the functions normally associated with government in Gaza?

You really believe voting day in Gazastan would (or will) be a fair and honest reflection of the people's will?

Hollie, et al,

I find it really hilarious that the Palestinians can't seem to determine who are citizens and eligible to vote.

PLC in its session held on 13/8/2005 and on behalf of the Palestinian People we promulgate

Chapter Three
The right to vote

Article 6 Elections shall be conducted in a free, direct, confidential and individual manner. No vote by proxy shall be allowed.

Article 7 The right to vote shall be practiced according to provisions of this law, for who shall fulfill the following conditions: -
2. Resident at the electoral district for a period not less than six months from the date of elections.
3. His/her name is listed on the final voters’ list of the electoral district where he/she shall vote

(COMMENT)

I have two thought here.

All the outside observers should keep their fingers out of this, to include the Israelis -- especially the Israels.
All the external observers should make it very clear, that the upcoming elections are a Palestinian Domestic Issue. And as such, the Article 2(7) of the UN Charter, stipulates that "nothing contained in the present Charter shall authorize the United Nations to intervene in matters which are essentially within the domestic jurisdiction of any state."
If the Palestinians find some way to excluded HAMAS, it should not happen because the US, the EU and Israel consider HAMAS to be a state sponsor of terrorism. It should happen because it is really the will of the population. If the Arab Palestinians vote for HAMAS, we will know that they are still a people that approve of HAMAS activities --- even in the light of the International legal instruments and their application to HAMAS and the associate Jihadis, Terrorist, Insurgents, Resistance, rebels and other asymmetric criminals they rely upon.

But in light of the topic of this particular thread, does anyone really think the Palestinians really perform the functions normally associated with government in Gaza?

Most Respectfully,
R​
All the external observers should make it very clear, that the upcoming elections are a Palestinian Domestic Issue. And as such, the Article 2(7) of the UN Charter, stipulates that "nothing contained in the present Charter shall authorize the United Nations to intervene in matters which are essentially within the domestic jurisdiction of any state."​

I agree 100%. Palestine had the most democratic government in the ME. It was the model government in the ME. It was judged free and fair by all international observers.

It took the US 3 months to take it down.

...If the Palestinians find some way to exclude HAMAS, it should not happen because the US, the EU and Israel consider HAMAS to be a state sponsor of terrorism. It should happen because it is really the will of the population... But in light of the topic of this particular thread, does anyone really think the Palestinians really perform the functions normally associated with government in Gaza?

You really believe voting day in Gazastan would (or will) be a fair and honest reflection of the people's will?
Probably no less so than the farce we are having in the US as we speak.

Not that your reply has anything even remotely to do with this thread's subject matter - the Pal's proven inability to establish a functioning rule-of-law gov't or society - but what, exactly, is the significance of an opinion piece from Dr Mustafa Barghouti, leader of the Palestinian National Initiative?
What I found interesting was PF Tinmore's posting of an opinion piece from 2014 that included such terms as "Palestinian Reconcilliation".

Here we are, almost three years past that article and the now, three separate and distinct "Palestines" (Gaza, the West Bank and East Jerusalem), are waging a war of words (can gunfire be far behind?), and war for control, ultimately, of the UN welfare fraud dollars.

Fatah is obviously in a panic over recent polls that show elections in the various Pal'istans could lead to an election victory for the Hamas terrorists. For all the flaming we read in these threads (from a few identifiable Islamic terrorist Pom Pom flailers), about how the Pal'istanians want justice™, well... no, they apparently want the same things that moslems across the Islamist Middle East want.

Islamists beat liberals in Morocco elections

Islamists beat liberals in Morocco elections

Hollie, et al,

Chapter Three
The right to vote

(COMMENT)

I have two thought here.

Most Respectfully,
R​
Your link does not mention Hamas.

Hollie, et al,

Chapter Three
The right to vote

(COMMENT)

I have two thought here.

Most Respectfully,
R​
All the external observers should make it very clear, that the upcoming elections are a Palestinian Domestic Issue. And as such, the Article 2(7) of the UN Charter, stipulates that "nothing contained in the present Charter shall authorize the United Nations to intervene in matters which are essentially within the domestic jurisdiction of any state."​

I agree 100%. Palestine had the most democratic government in the ME. It was the model government in the ME. It was judged free and fair by all international observers.

I blame the Great Satan for all my self-created disasters, pratfalls and ineptitudes because I'm a helpless child who needs attention and looking after... where's my welfare check?®

Hollie, et al,

Chapter Three
The right to vote

(COMMENT)

I have two thought here.

Most Respectfully,
R​

"But in light of the topic of this particular thread, does anyone really think the Palestinians really perform the functions normally associated with government in Gaza?"

Isn't it the role of any responsible government to train, equip and then unleash squads of heavily armed religious zealots upon the folks who voted for them?

I'm lamenting our lack, here in the Great Satan™ of heavily armed and competing goon squads of Lutherans and Calvinists (in ski masks), roaming the streets in Toyota pickups with machine guns mounted in the back.

Hollie, et al,

Chapter Three
The right to vote

(COMMENT)

I have two thought here.

Most Respectfully,
R​

I blame the Great Satan for all my self-created disasters, pratfalls and ineptitudes because I'm a helpless child who needs attention and looking after... where's my welfare check?®

This videomap shows the events in 2007, in which the Palestinian organization Hamas took control over the Gaza Strip.​

Do you mean the elected government in Gaza took control of Gaza?

One thing about propaganda is that it does not have to make any sense for the dupes to believe it.

This videomap shows the events in 2007, in which the Palestinian organization Hamas took control over the Gaza Strip.​

One thing about propaganda is that it does not have to make any sense for the dupes to believe it.

Your hurt feelings are not my issue to address.

This thread addresses the questions surrounding the (in)ability of Islamists, competing versions of Islamic terrorist franchises and Islamists with a dedicated welfare fraud: the various versions of "Pal'istanians" and their exclusive use and abuse relative to their ability to govern.

Could it be that an Islamic terrorist franchise with a singular goal of destroying Israel is probably not the best choice to manage the affairs of government?

Israel is successful and Arabs-Moslems are not. Why are places and societies such as Hong Kong, people in South Korea, Vietnam, etc., (people and places who endured hardships), successful when arabs-moslems are not? Could it be that an ancient theocratic code and a more modern re-writing condensed into a Charter that promotes perpetual war against the Jews is not the best model for a responsible government?

Your hurt feelings are not my issue to address.

This thread addresses the questions surrounding the (in)ability of Islamists, competing versions of Islamic terrorist franchises and Islamists with a dedicated welfare fraud: the various versions of "Pal'istanians" and their exclusive use and abuse relative to their ability to govern.

Could it be that an Islamic terrorist franchise with a singular goal of destroying Israel is probably not the best choice to manage the affairs of government?

Israel is successful and Arabs-Moslems are not. Why are places and societies such as Hong Kong, people in South Korea, Vietnam, etc, successful when arabs-moslems are not? Could it be that an ancient theocratic code and a more modern re-writing condensed into a Charter that promotes perpetual war against the Jews is not the best model for a responsible government?

You don't make any more sense than Israeli propaganda.

Forum List

Back