Can poor people be trusted with guns?

Just because one is poor, does it automatically change their status to criminal?
As the poor and minorities - especially blacks - are most likely to commit crimes with guns, doesn't it make sense to restrict their right to buy/own them - just in case?

First of all, you are talking about most likely in this country. Secondly, most likely doesn't cover all crime, so someone is always going to be most likely. Asians commit much less crime than White people, but again, that's in America, which isn't the whole world. There are areas in this world of all races where there is very little crime and the same can be said of areas with much crime. Crime has many factors and race isn't one of them.

Just because one is poor, does it automatically change their status to criminal?
As the poor and minorities - especially blacks - are most likely to commit crimes with guns, doesn't it make sense to restrict their right to buy/own them - just in case?

First of all, you are talking about most likely in this country. Secondly, most likely doesn't cover all crime, so someone is always going to be most likely. Asians commit much less crime than White people, but again, that's in America, which isn't the whole world. There are areas in this world of all races where there is very little crime and the same can be said of areas with much crime. Crime has many factors and race isn't one of them.

Yes but culture is. And American blacks have a dysfunctional culture that leads to outsized numbers in crime.

Yes but culture is. And American blacks have a dysfunctional culture that leads to outsized numbers in crime.

The negative consequences of Black American's culture are more a product of assholes like you.

The negative consequences of Black American's culture are more a product of assholes like you.

I'm not black, numbnuts.

Given that the grand majority of all gun homicides occurs in poor, desperate areas within our inner cities...

...short answer: YES.

It's not poor people you have to worry about, it's the criminals..Seems to me if the poor folks had guns, they can protect themselves from the crimes happening in their neighborhood.

I'm pro-second amendment and pro-gun ownership. No need to convince me.

I'm in favor of a few regulation tweaks (some of the NRA rules are bogus - like the inability to trace murder weapons back to a source), but that's about it.

The police can trace any firearm, with a still existing serial number, back to the last legal owner. It takes about a week, but since they obviously have the weapon, speed is normally not a requirement. There is no reasonable method of tracking the gun from crook to crook. Unless of course, you have the crooks report their gun transfers at the local police station. I am sure they will respond to such a law.

Can Wehrwolfen ever make a thread that isn't just a cut and paste pile of shit from radical right wing extremist sites?

Typically Progressively Elitist and escapist of you..

In other words no, you have the inability to post any kind of original thread, and the only reason you are on this site is to post countless BS threads linking to radical right wing propaganda sites.

Are a paid troll, just a complete moron, or both? :eusa_think:
Shit BL, your definition of "radical right wing propaganda" is ANYTHING you don't personally agree with...

It's not poor people you have to worry about, it's the criminals..Seems to me if the poor folks had guns, they can protect themselves from the crimes happening in their neighborhood.

I'm pro-second amendment and pro-gun ownership. No need to convince me.

I'm in favor of a few regulation tweaks (some of the NRA rules are bogus - like the inability to trace murder weapons back to a source), but that's about it.
The police can trace any firearm, with a still existing serial number, back to the last legal owner.
You can trace one of my guns, but only because I bought it from the government.
The rest you cannot trace.
All were acquired legally.

There are so many guns in the US that anyone can get a gun anytime, anywhere. Background checks, registration... is all useless. What would be more useful is they passed a law allowing legitimate gun owners to shoot illegal gun owners anytime, anywhere. Plus, anyone suspected of drug dealing could be shot anytime, anywhere by legal gun owners. That would probably clean up the problems.

Forum List

Back