Can we be honest?

Slade3200

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2016
Regarding the two latest character assassination stories about Trump...

1. Praise for Putin: Lets be honest, Trump wasn't trying to support Putin, he was trying to degrade Obama. He was pointing out that Putin is a tough, strong leader and Obama is weak and our country needs a tough leader to deal with Putin.

2. Birther: Lets be honest, Trump hasn't come out to apologize or denounce his birther efforts because there are still a portion of wingnuts that support him that still truly believe that Obama is a foreign born American hating muslim. I've heard these whackos say so on this forum. As ridiculous as that is, Trump is just fine letting them fuel their hatred for Obama to help strengthen his base. We also know that he has a almost impossible ability to admit a mistake or apologize do to his lack of humility and an ego thats the size of Uranus.

And lastly, lets be honest... The media and pundits are spinning these stories and many more like them to passively attack the characters of each candidate. Hillary is a liar and corrupt. Trump is racist egomaniac that lacks detailed policy knowledge. This spin cycle focused on degrading each person leaves very little room for good substantive discussion of how to solve our problems. Can we wake up?

As you can tell, I am not a Trump supporter but I am also sick and tired of the spin on both sides. We spend the vast majority of our time talking about these character assassination subjects and arguing over the spin and distorted talking points. It's a game, Trump, HIllary, and the media know the game and they are playing it like masters (Esp. Trump). Can we all just please be honest and stop being puppets?

Good points, I've felt the same for awhile. But I think the answer to your final question is No.

1. Praise for Putin: Lets be honest, Trump wasn't trying to support Putin, he was trying to degrade Obama. He was pointing out that Putin is a tough, strong leader and Obama is weak and our country needs a tough leader to deal with Putin.

What would make you think that????

theirguyourguy.jpg

Hillary is a liar and corrupt. Trump is racist egomaniac that lacks detailed policy knowledge
Seems about right man

Egomaniac, maybe, or maybe he's just that confident. He's been in a world making his billions. You don't do that if you are a mouse.

Racist? That is the old stand by that is used and has been watered down so much now it means nothing. He's no racist.

2. Birther: Lets be honest, Trump hasn't come out to apologize or denounce his birther efforts because there are still a portion of wingnuts that support him that still truly believe that Obama is a foreign born American hating muslim. I've heard these whackos say so on this forum. As ridiculous as that is, Trump is just fine letting them fuel their hatred for Obama to help strengthen his base. We also know that he has a almost impossible ability to admit a mistake or apologize do to his lack of humility and an ego thats the size of Uranus.

And lastly, lets be honest... The media and pundits are spinning these stories and many more like them to passively attack the characters of each candidate. Hillary is a liar and corrupt. Trump is racist egomaniac that lacks detailed policy knowledge. This spin cycle focused on degrading each person leaves very little room for good substantive discussion of how to solve our problems. Can we wake up?

As you can tell, I am not a Trump supporter but I am also sick and tired of the spin on both sides. We spend the vast majority of our time talking about these character assassination subjects and arguing over the spin and distorted talking points. It's a game, Trump, HIllary, and the media know the game and they are playing it like masters (Esp. Trump). Can we all just please be honest and stop being puppets?
i think he's right about both. he has nothing to apologize for. he's done more political ice breaking, than perhaps any American in history.

He's a race baiting egomaniac who likes Putin when Putin strokes his ego, and the gop should slit it's wrists for nominating the fat fcok. Other than that, I agree. (-:

Hillary is a liar and corrupt. Trump is racist egomaniac that lacks detailed policy knowledge
Seems about right man
Yeah, we get the point... My post is about why we need to focus the majority of our time on those two points, we do it both passively with spin and aggressively, nonstop during our news cycle when we should be genuinely pushing for policy details and solutions to our worlds problems.

Trump has an ego big as New York. So does Obama so does Bill so does Hillary. So do most political and business leaders. That is a non-issue.

Trump is not a Racist. His statements about immigration and borders are based in protecting America and it's citizens, not in Racism. Those statements have been twisted and distorted by Hillary, the Media and by anti-Trumpers.

i think he's right about both. he has nothing to apologize for. he's done more political ice breaking, than perhaps any American in history.
The Birther thing is ridiculous and a political ploy... don't be a puppet.

You are right about the icebreaking which is what I appreciated about Trump when he entered the race. But he took it too far and is proving to be just as dirty, manipulative and dishonest as all the other politicians that he rags on every day. He just does it in a different style. He gives me no confidence in his ability to effectively lead... I now see him as nothing more than a circus clown

Last edited:

The Birthing thing is ridiculous and a political ploy... don't be a puppet.

You are right about the icebreaking which is what I appreciated about Trump when he entered the race. But he took it too far and is proving to be just as dirty, manipulative and dishonest as all the other politicians that he rags on every day. He just does it in a different style. He gives me no confidence in his ability to effectively lead... I now see him as nothing more than a circus clown

And that's your prerogative. I don't. I don't allow media to brainwash me. (not saying you do).

Trump has an ego big as New York. So does Obama so does Bill so does Hillary. So do most political and business leaders. That is a non-issue.

Trump is not a Racist. His statements about immigration and borders are based in protecting America and it's citizens, not in Racism. Those statements have been twisted and distorted by Hillary, the Media and by anti-Trumpers.
I agree that his statements have been twisted an distorted. Another part of my "Lets be honest" Campaign. We all knew what he meant when he referred to illegals as murderers and rapists. We wasn't talking about all Mexicans, he was talking about the percentage that inflict those crimes on Americans who shouldn't have ever been in this country. The left used and abused that statement and the true racists and nativists got all riled up. Instead of clarifying and taking moral high ground, Trump, the puppet master that he is, let the two factions fight it out and he would pour a little lighter fluid on the fire if it started to dim. I don't think he is racist either, but I do think he is manipulative and an opportunist.

how much do you know about the birthersphere ? there is no political ploy, he's lamo the duck president.

let's see if it dies when he's gone. the reason this is a hot topic is because people still have doubts. he should show the original at this point to save a legacy. there's no hurry though.

how much do you know about the birthersphere ?
I know enough to recognize a stunt and reality. It's an obvious stunt. Dive into any conspiracy theory deep enough and you'll likely find convincing arguments. Most of the rational world including republicans laugh at this issue, its done. The only hold up right now is Trumps ego and his inability to admit a wrong.

Seems about right man
Yeah, we get the point... My post is about why we need to focus the majority of our time on those two points, we do it both passively with spin and aggressively, nonstop during our news cycle when we should be genuinely pushing for policy details and solutions to our worlds problems.
probably because they are both pretty big issues.

Seems about right man
They seem like big issues because thats all people are talking about. Don't you think national security strategy, understanding the national debt and economic policy effects, how to improve our healthcare system, advancing our world trade deals to work in our favor, removing corruption from our political campaign system, etc etc etc are more important to talk about then the reemphasis and reemphasis and reemphasis and reemphasis of each candidates character deficits?

how much do you know about the birthersphere ?
I know enough to recognize a stunt and reality. It's an obvious stunt. Dive into any conspiracy theory deep enough and you'll likely find convincing arguments. Most of the rational world including republicans laugh at this issue, its done. The only hold up right now is Trumps ego and his inability to admit a wrong.

I saw him admit he was wrong the other day.........about something. Forget what now. :lol:

Seems about right man
They seem like big issues because thats all people are talking about. Don't you think national security strategy, understanding the national debt and economic policy effects, how to improve our healthcare system, advancing our world trade deals to work in our favor, removing corruption from our political campaign system, etc etc etc are more important to talk about then the reemphasis and reemphasis and reemphasis and reemphasis of each candidates character deficits?
What does all that stuff matter when they are corrupt, liars, and ignorant?

Seems about right man
If you want an honest and humble candidate then vote for Johnson. We know that Hillary and Trump are not that, however despite those shortcomings perhaps their self-interest falls in line with your self-interest when it comes to political policy and ideology. In this case you need to weigh whats more important to you. The end goal of what a candidate will be fighting for and their ability to achieve these goals or their character as a person.

Hillary is a lawyer and she manipulates her public statements like all lawyers do... very carefully and strategically and mostly for self-preservation reasons. To be frank, I'd rather have a ruthless lawyer who is a shitty person but knows how to win over a good guy thats gonna lose my case. Trump is a master manipulator as well he panders to a specific audience, speaks off the cuff then has to flip flop to clean things up. He pretends to know details that he doesn't know because he is a headlines guy, a big picture guy, who is used to activating his minions to do the detail work. This, along with his economic influence, has worked for him in the business world but whether it will work in the political world is a different story.

Seems about right man
If you want an honest and humble candidate then vote for Johnson. We know that Hillary and Trump are not that, however despite those shortcomings perhaps their self-interest falls in line with your self-interest when it comes to political policy and ideology. In this case you need to weigh whats more important to you. The end goal of what a candidate will be fighting for and their ability to achieve these goals or their character as a person.

Hillary is a lawyer and she manipulates her public statements like all lawyers do... very carefully and strategically and mostly for self-preservation reasons. To be frank, I'd rather have a ruthless lawyer who is a shitty person but knows how to win over a good guy thats gonna lose my case. Trump is a master manipulator as well he panders to a specific audience, speaks off the cuff then has to flip flop to clean things up. He pretends to know details that he doesn't know because he is a headlines guy, a big picture guy, who is used to activating his minions to do the detail work. This, along with his economic influence, has worked for him in the business world but whether it will work in the political world is a different story.
I cant vote for him either. He is a fanatic in areas I am VERY stern about.
I will do a write in.

Forum List

Back