Can we change American culture?

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014
Canada seems much more civilized in America. The people of Canada look and sound more intelligent. American culture looks way more violent and macho. How can we get America to be more like Canada?

Canadian
MV5BMTIxMDY0MDE1MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTY3NDcxMQ@@._V1_SX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

American
1.jpg

Well, we could always try improving our education to the point that fewer people indulged in sophomoric generalizations.

Canada seems much more civilized in America. The people of Canada look and sound more intelligent. American culture looks way more violent and macho. How can we get America to be more like Canada?

Canadian
MV5BMTIxMDY0MDE1MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTY3NDcxMQ@@._V1_SX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

American
1.jpg
Well, you can rewind history back to 1776, and not seceed from The Crown, that may have helped. But that would have most likely lead to a US that included most of Canada and the northeastern US states. The Spanish/Mexico might be much bigger to include TX, NM, AZ, and CA. God only knows how the rest would have gone, maybe a few more small countries.

Canada is only less macho and violent because it's too damn cold for that shit.

Canadian

American
1.jpg

Well, a good start would be for you to move your ass to Canada. What do you think aboot that?

You do want less people like this? It would be well worth it to invest in programs that promote civility.
356b835ed91697b03c2388772a95da86.400x400x1.jpg

Canadian

American
1.jpg

As they say, the first step in avoiding a trap is knowing of its' existence. By alerting Americans to how totally ass-backwards they are compared to other nations cultures we can start fixing our problems. But if you don't know what's wrong you have no interest in fixing anything.

the culture change you think we need is to be more Canadian?

all culture change starts with yourself. I hope you become the Canadian you want to be, but I'm an American

Canadian

American
1.jpg

As they say, the first step in avoiding a trap is knowing of its' existence. By alerting Americans to how totally ass-backwards they are compared to other nations cultures we can start fixing our problems. But if you don't know what's wrong you have no interest in fixing anything.

Sounds like you're equating crime with culture.
We all know whos culture that is. Fix that and we'd be golden.

exactly Missourian . Things are better in the sticks and that one reason I don't like Americas growing population .

the culture change you think we need is to be more Canadian?

all culture change starts with yourself. I hope you become the Canadian you want to be, but I'm an American

Actually -- so are Canadians. Pop quiz- what continent is it in?

Forum List

Back