Can We Finally Say Good-bye To The Boo-Hoo Movement?

mcmick

Rookie
Oct 4, 2008
In a 2007 article co-authored by Bill Cosby, titled, Blacks must drop victimhood and reclaim dignity

Cosby said the following:

“It is time to think positively and act positively. A people armed with the will to want to get better, armed with the will to win, and armed with knowledge of the past and present, can move forward and take action, succeed, and reclaim their dignity.”

Bill Cosby
Alvin F. Poussaint
CS Monitor
Nov. 8, 2007

Practically all Americans know who Bill Cosby is.

Mr. Cosby has spoken forcefully and often about the need for every individual to take responsibility for his own actions, suggesting quite strongly, that by doing so, each person’s efforts will take him as far as his capabilities allow.

Black author Shelby Steele said the following:

“we must acknowledge one of the most profound achievements in recent human history: the death of white supremacy. ...Here was an event far more world-altering than the collapse of communism”...

…today racism swims upstream…it no longer stunts the lives of blacks.

Shelby Steele goes on to point out that black victimology has become an “enormous source of power for the left since the 1960’s.”

Dr. Thomas Sowell of the Hoover Institute is a prolific author and economist renowned for extensive research, heavily laced with “empirical evidence”

Much of the evidence presented by Thomas Sowell supports the idea that “black progress was much more positive prior to the significant rise of the welfare state, and prior to the era of affirmative action.”

The huge majority of Americans are people of good will.

For the last 40 years or so, America has in very large measure, been color-blind.
Another of Thomas Sowell's themes is "to show the painful but steady rise of blacks in the US against heavy odds before massive intervention by government programs, a rise that contradicts some popular assumptions."

The situation in America is not perfect, but considering opportunity, and the wealth that minorities have obtained, which dwarfs most minorities elsewhere, the time really is past to continue using victimology.

Completing high school, making one's self valuable at the workplace, and making good responsible decisions is still the way to get one's share of the American Dream.

We don't all have the capability to end up rich, but we can still get sufficiently ahead.

Corporations and other outside forces do not keep us down.

The men above and most of the minorities who persist day after day, to inch ahead little by little, like a majority of the population has always had to do, know that the leaders of the powerful POVERTY INDUSTRY have wielded, as Shelby Steele said, an “enormous source of power for the left since the 1960’s.”

We all are, wherever we have put ourselves.

Let’s end the boo-hoo movement today.

Hmm.. Speaking of.. Has anyone heard anything of Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton since the election ended? What will they do with themselves now that political equality has been achieved?

Hmm.. Speaking of.. Has anyone heard anything of Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton since the election ended? What will they do with themselves now that political equality has been achieved?

Let's not get our hopes up. Of course, they'll be back. Charles Ogletree, on Obama's short list for Attorney General, says it's not good enough because he is "biracial" -- only half black. Only an unmitgated optimist would believe this would end the blame game and victimization.

Try to learn how to say Uncle Tom in as many languages as possible. :lol:

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Are you joking? White males took over the boohoo movement a few years ago.

The boo-hoo movement has been energized with Obama and the Democrats taking over the government. They need perpetual victims that rely on the government to stay in power.

The boo-hoo movement has been energized with Obama and the Democrats taking over the government. They need perpetual victims that rely on the government to stay in power.
Seriously? That's what you think of black people? I can't say it surprises me and it probably doesn't surprise them. Did you notice the faces at McCain's concession speech...99.9% anglo saxon. The scorn toward anyone not "Republican" is obvious.

I was watching this show "Jacked" on A&E. It documents the ATTF. Auto Theft Task Force, who searches for stolen vehicles somewhere in the northeast. Two shows last night i watched, all the car jackers were black. Six in total.

Seriously? That's what you think of black people? I can't say it surprises me and it probably doesn't surprise them. Did you notice the faces at McCain's concession speech...99.9% anglo saxon. The scorn toward anyone not "Republican" is obvious.

Many of them, yes. It's a sad situation. Come down South if you don't believe me. (You do know I'm not white and I'm not a Republican, right???)

In a 2007 article co-authored by Bill Cosby, titled, Blacks must drop victimhood and reclaim dignity

Cosby said the following:

“It is time to think positively and act positively. A people armed with the will to want to get better, armed with the will to win, and armed with knowledge of the past and present, can move forward and take action, succeed, and reclaim their dignity.”

Another of Thomas Sowell's themes is "to show the painful but steady rise of blacks in the US against heavy odds before massive intervention by government programs, a rise that contradicts some popular assumptions."

Sowell's "Visions of the Anoited" does a wonderful job of laying out the failure of the ideological left and their various social policies... and he does so with mathematical certainty and sources which are Everest in their proportions... His reasoning is impeccable and his conclusions incontestable.

What will they do with themselves now that political equality has been achieved?

Really? When did that happen? One Black President = Political Equality?

Sowell is a politcal rightie with his own agenda just like anyone on the left. I have read him and don't agree with most of what he says.

Why is it that when a Black man appeases a conservative's conscience he must be believed, if he appeases the liberal's conscience, he's an Unlce Tom?

Many of them, yes. It's a sad situation. Come down South if you don't believe me. (You do know I'm not white and I'm not a Republican, right???)
duh, I live in the South. And your protestations are nothing but bull, IMNSHO.

Really? When did that happen? One Black President = Political Equality?

Sowell is a politcal rightie with his own agenda just like anyone on the left. I have read him and don't agree with most of what he says.

Why is it that when a Black man appeases a conservative's conscience he must be believed, if he appeases the liberal's conscience, he's an Unlce Tom?

Sowell is a brilliant researcher and I'll bet you a $100 donation to this site that you can't take 48 hours and refute a single position Sowell has ever written...

Ordinarily I wouldn't give anyone that much time, but it is a certainty this Pogue hasn't read a word of Sowell's work... so as a result she'll run to Google and find some imbecile leftist whose tried to do it and it'll take her that long to digest the math.

OH! Just one more thing Pogue, IF you return here and try to pick up the Benjamin... when you LOSE, you owe this site $100 and it needs to be donated in my name. And that's 'Publius Infinitum" three i's, one b...,

Ordinarily I wouldn't give anyone that much time, but it is a certainty this Pogue hasn't read a word of Sowell's work...

You are a self righteous asshole, pure and simple. I have read him on occassion. I don't agree with him most of the time. If you agree with him, great, not everyone sees the world like you do.

Fuck you and your I know everything and the left sucks. Your blanket statements condeming an entire political philosophy shows your immaturity and partisanshit.

I have tried to have discussion with you before. It's a waste of font.

Maybe they'll get a fucking job. :eek:

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
poverty in modern society is the root cause of crime..it is not a genetic disorder
social and economic challenges are the reason for high rates of black poverty and crime..but the real substantial gains and progress in the black community has been born of the black community them self's and not government programs...I would not consider martin Luther or bobby seal to be part of a boo hoo movement..but for Rev Al.. its his bread and butter

Last edited:
duh, I live in the South. And your protestations are nothing but bull, IMNSHO.

Funny. Where in the South do you live? I can guarantee you don't live anywhere near the Mississippi delta area.

Last I saw of jessie jackson he was in the news because there was an open mic he didn't know about and was caught saying he'd like to cut that ******* nuts off, Referring to Obama.
I just love open mics sometimes.

I would not consider martin Luther or bobby seal to be part of a boo hoo movement

No, Martin Luther was defiantly not a member of the boo-hoo movement, with his 95 Theses and rejection of Catholic Indulgences and all.

:oops:

Seriously, I do think that Obama will take steps to roll back race based affirmative action sometime in the next 8 years.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back