🤑 ⏳ Last chance to grab those Amazon Prime Deals! (Don’t miss out—click here to check them out!) 🛒✨

Can you own a fully automatic gun in the US

You have to be cleared to own a full auto by the LEO, and it is not easy.
Very few people own them legitimately.

You have to be cleared to own a full auto by the LEO, and it is not easy.
Very few people own them legitimately.
Same in the UK, you have to apply direct to the Home Office. Apparently it's extremely tough but gun collectors kinda bend the rules to obtain one. Plus, just having a secure gun box on the wall is not adequate.

Just with the bump-stock situation in the US, I just wondered if you could have fully automatic or not

Same in the UK, you have to apply direct to the Home Office. Apparently it's extremely tough but gun collectors kinda bend the rules to obtain one. Plus, just having a secure gun box on the wall is not adequate.

Just with the bump-stock situation in the US, I just wondered if you could have fully automatic or not
Pssht! US soldiers shipped back things on airplanes that probably weren't declared.
Yes, US citizens can have machine guns. It takes a little money. :dunno:
And you can't be a turd.
The availability of guns you can get legally with the Class III and all that is a different story. Oh yeah.
The options dwindle and the prices grow real quick.

So does the 2nd Amendment allow you to own a fully automatic gun in the USA?
The current laws state that only machine guns manufactured before 1984 can be owned by the civilian public, there is also a very thorough back ground check. If you pass then you can buy one if you can afford it. They are hideously expensive.

Fully automatic small arms are not the super accurate death machines you see on TV. I had a hard time keeping on target with a 3rd burst M-16 and I never missed on semi. I had a spotter to tell me when when I hit a target with the M-2 before I opened up on it and I just sprayed and prayed with the M249. Of course all of my experience in the Army was at the range I can't imagine what kind of hit my accuracy would have taken in actual combat.

So does the 2nd Amendment allow you to own a fully automatic gun in the USA?

Civilians can only buy fully automatic firearms that were manufactured and registered prior to May 19, 1986, and they must undergo a thorough background check and be approved by the ATF.

To legally obtain a fully automatic firearm in the U.S., individuals must apply for a special license from the ATF, undergo a background check, and comply with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.

He just asked a simple question.... :dunno:
Well, I find it's best to ask if you don't know. I find most of the gun nuts just blurt crap about the UK without knowing anything whatsoever. If they don't know about the UK, they just need to ask too.

Tbh, I knew about Section 1 and 2 licences in the UK, I was unaware of Section 5, fully automatic, until today.

Forum List

Back