🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Canadian man legally lists gender as female to get cheaper car insurance: report

Confounding

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
I find this rather hard to grasp. Aren't females the first people to be taken advantage of because most of them don't know a thing about cars?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I find this rather hard to grasp. Aren't females the first people to be taken advantage of because most of them don't know a thing about cars?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

They're better drivers because they're not testosterone fueled rage machines on the road.

"I'm a man, 100 per cent. Legally, I'm a woman ... I did it for cheaper car insurance."
So what he's actually saying is "I'm a man and a liar." That would be the highest risk for an insurer. I suppose Canada is going to mandate that insurers take risks next? (In addition to arresting people objecting to lewd pride parades done in front of kids...but not arresting the child-offenders themselves).

This is just Canada's next logical step into bizzaro-world. Pays to think ahead before you start arbitrarily creating laws that cannot stand. (Mental illness behavior is not/cannot be a protected legal class)

Funny how insurance companies get away with profiling.
OTOH, without profiling everyone pays more.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

They're better drivers because they're not testosterone fueled rage machines on the road.
I don't know about this. My mom has been crashed into by at least two female drivers.

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly

Once I accidentally listed my ethnicity as African American, and kept getting pulled over. Weird. :dunno:

I used to live in a bad hood....majority of blacks
later on when I moved out, my insurance went down!!!
I'm white
so, it matters where you live also

Forum List

Back