Cant Believe it....

How about the Dolphins? Even with major players out they kept it close and may have had a win except for what I saw as some strange play calls with just a few minutes to play.
Yeah the fact it was in buffalo and the bills still almost lost I’m not so sure the bills should be favored to go to the superbowl this year.I’m thinking the chiefs or bengals again.

I cant believe the Jags won that game.
I stopped watching at halftime and was checking the score periodically online.
I was shocked when they came within 10 points and even more shocked that they managed to pull it off.
Chargers fans have to be royally pissed!!!
I have started to watch the second half of football games recently. Saves time and often you are surprised at how things end.

Yeah the fact it was in buffalo and the bills still almost lost I’m not so sure the bills should be favored to go to the superbowl this year.I’m thinking the chiefs or bengals again.
Bengals are paper tigers. They win by odd circumstances of turnovers & penalties. They were completely outplayed by the Ravens, yet managed to come up with the win from turnovers. Ravens had 364 yards in the game. Bengals had 234. Ravens had more yards passing + more yards rushing.

Same thing happened in the Buccaneers vs Bengals game recently. Bucs had more yards passing, more yards rushing, more total yards, more first downs, and less points, because of turnovers and penalties.

Whatever you say.
So because of their history you are judging this team,pretty asinine.I heard people coming on here the year the seahawks won the superbowl against the broncos all rambling on judging them by their history because they choked in the past they would lose the Super Bowl again,they looked pretty stupid afterwards.I don’t think the bills are going there this year,I don’t think their minds are into the game with what happened to Hamlin,I think it will be the chiefs,but to judge them on their history is stupid as all the people that came on here back then saying the seahawks would never win a Super Bowl because of always choking in the past all found out. :cuckoo:

How about the Dolphins? Even with major players out they kept it close and may have had a win except for what I saw as some strange play calls with just a few minutes to play.
The fish played well but did screw up on some calls, etc. I’m a long time Buffalo Bills fan and I watched the game wondering if the fishies were gonna bite the Bills again. I’m happy the Bills emerged ok.

But it was a pretty “interesting”. game.

So because of their history you are judging this team,pretty asinine.I heard people coming on here the year the seahawks won the superbowl against the broncos all rambling on judging them by their history because they choked in the past they would lose the Super Bowl again,they looked pretty stupid afterwards.I don’t think the bills are going there this year,I don’t think their minds are into the game with what happened to Hamlin,I think it will be the chiefs,but to judge them on their history is stupid as all the people that came on here back then saying the seahawks would never win a Super Bowl because of always choking in the past all found out. :cuckoo:
Your premise is comical. Everything about sports is judged on past performances--50 years or 50 minutes. The Raiders are a good example. History has shown that after a brief period of John Madden coaching the team and developing a persona, Al Davis corrupted it and shot himself in the foot regardless who was coaching the team or playing the game. Great example would be when the Raiders made a run for the SB only to have Al fire Jon Gruden and lose to a Gruden-coached Tampa Bay as a result. Pro sports is nothing more than Hollywood. If you think differently, you are deluding yourself.

Your premise is comical. Everything about sports is judged on past performances--50 years or 50 minutes. The Raiders are a good example. History has shown that after a brief period of John Madden coaching the team and developing a persona, Al Davis corrupted it and shot himself in the foot regardless who was coaching the team or playing the game. Great example would be when the Raiders made a run for the SB only to have Al fire Jon Gruden and lose to a Gruden-coached Tampa Bay as a result. Pro sports is nothing more than Hollywood. If you think differently, you are deluding yourself.
I think you meant to say elections.
I am one of only a few here who can accept reality thst pro sports especially football is as fixed as pro wrestling,no different than elections,all a dog and pony show,whomever they want in usually gets in,only differerence is it doesn’t always go the way they planned.the league wanted the cheatriots to go undefeated and win it all but Odell Beckham spoiled it making a one in a million catch on fourth and ten.that’s how they don’t always go as they planned as an example.

Your example here on al davis is what’s comical,you keep going by the history of a team when it was much differerent players in a differerent era and are evading thst you are doing the same thing that seahawk naysayers said about the Seahawks going by their history when they said they would not win it all because of their history from the past.how are you being any differerent from whst those dumbasses said about the Seahawks back then with the bills?

That example of Al Davis is comical and reaching sense al davis and the bills owner are apples and oranges.nothing alike,the bills owner for one doesn’t go and fire someone when he has turned the organization around as davis did and as I recall,the raiders won another Super Bowl with Tom Flores and the raiders came back to greatness again mainly because of rich Gannon.before Gannon got there,they were the keystone cops and the joke of the league.

I’m a long suffering Viking fan. Nothing surprises me!
I was hoping your vikes would get there sense it would be nice to see someone differerent like it was when the chiefs made it for the first time in like fifty years but I was not surprised in the least,I don’t have faith in a Kurt cousins led Vikings team ever getting to the Super Bowl.they will have to get a young promising qb like the eagles have or the chargers with herbert or the jaguars do for them to be a serious Super Bowl contender I’m afraid.

you keep going by the history
Everything you've quoted regarding the NFL is going by history. You damn sure can't predict the future. Regarding Al Davis and the Bills. I didn't compare them. I showed that the coaches and the players have little to nothing to do with success if the owner is an idiot. Bottom line, the NFL is controlled by 32 owners--PERIOD. Whatever they desire is what will happen, regardless of the talent on any team. But, as you say, on occasion a rogue player will throw a wrench in the works. When that happens, the owners will usually direct a complicit official to right the "wrong."

I think you meant to say elections.
I am one of only a few here who can accept reality thst pro sports especially football is as fixed as pro wrestling,no different than elections,all a dog and pony show,whomever they want in usually gets in,only differerence is it doesn’t always go the way they planned.the league wanted the cheatriots to go undefeated and win it all but Odell Beckham spoiled it making a one in a million catch on fourth and ten.that’s how they don’t always go as they planned as an example.

Your example here on al davis is what’s comical,you keep going by the history of a team when it was much differerent players in a differerent era and are evading thst you are doing the same thing that seahawk naysayers said about the Seahawks going by their history when they said they would not win it all because of their history from the past.how are you being any differerent from whst those dumbasses said about the Seahawks back then with the bills?

That example of Al Davis is comical and reaching sense al davis and the bills owner are apples and oranges.nothing alike,the bills owner for one doesn’t go and fire someone when he has turned the organization around as davis did and as I recall,the raiders won another Super Bowl with Tom Flores and the raiders came back to greatness again mainly because of rich Gannon.before Gannon got there,they were the keystone cops and the joke of the league.
Oakland Raiders of the 70's and early 80s had the greatest offensive line in NFL history. Mark Van Eghan didn't have exceptional speed. He didn't need it, with Art Shell, Gene Upshaw, and Jim Otto in front of him, he ran through holes you could drive a car through.

Tonight (15 minutes from now) we see another greatest of all time combination . Tom Brady and Mike Evans.

I couldnt attest to that myself.
The teams today seem to be able to shift to a back up plan much easier than they did in the past. They don’t give up as easily as they once did.

I also notice more teams willing to take a chance on gaining necessary yards on forth down rather than punting.

Forum List

Back