Zone1 What is Truth?

What's your religion?
I am a Christian. I've been in church since I was a toddler. I grew up saying my Easter speeches, and sining in the church choir. I've been baptized in the water three different times. Last time I was baptized in Israel in the Jordan River.

I have done extensive Bible study over the years. Mainly with an in-depth focus on the prophetic aspects of God's truth.

When Jesus was brought before Pilate, Pilate asked Jesus, "What is truth?".

John 18:
38 Pilate saith unto him, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again unto the Jews, and saith unto them, I find in him no fault at all.

Unfortunately in the Bible we do not have a record of Jesus' response. However, in these latter days, in a revelation to the prophet Joseph Smith Jesus gives us this definition:

Doctrine and Covenants 93:24
24 And truth is knowledge of things as they are, and as they were, and as they are to come;

So how can we know that something is true or not?

Doctrine and Covenants 93 continues by saying:

Doctrine and Covenants 93:25-28
25 And whatsoever is more or less than this is the spirit of that wicked one who was a liar from the beginning.
26 The Spirit of truth is of God. I am the Spirit of truth, and John bore record of me, saying: He received a fulness of truth, yea, even of all truth;
27 And no man receiveth a fulness unless he keepeth his commandments.
28 He that keepeth his commandments receiveth truth and light, until he is glorified in truth and knoweth all things.

By honoring God and keeping his commandments He will bless us with the Holy Ghost in our lives and through the Holy Ghost we may know the truth of all things. This is God's method of teaching us eternal truths.

Moroni 10:5
5 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.

Science is the truth. Or at least the science we've managed to prove, which isn't much.

For me you are no Catholic but a Lefebvreist - so why should I discuss what you believe? You love formalisms - I do not do so. I love life. God is life.

this is why we need a separate Catholic, Christian, Bible Study, prayer, Muslim, Buddist, Atheist, others, etc... rooms. A different room for each. We do not want to study with the atheist.

The problem is "ALWAYS" with the lost atheist. They stalk, harass, and agitate others who do believe simply because they failed to believe.

It's like this...

The atheist says: "Yo, look at me I fail in life to believe in God."
We are like: "So what, exist stage left, go sit over there, and await your entrance into hell."

We would rather not study with them at all. I know how this turns out. If the atheist get their very own room they will NOT go into it. The atheist HATE other atheist. A site I was previously on, they had an atheist room, but it remained empty so they got rid of it. The atheist only want to harass other believers. They are a parasite.

I am a Christian.

Then truth is always true - independent from the person who speaks out whatever form of truth, isn't it?

I've been in church since I was a toddler.

Nice.

I grew up saying my Easter speeches, and sining in the church choir. I've been baptized in the water three different times. Last time I was baptized in Israel in the Jordan River.

What a luck that you came back and did not go on to the other side over the Jordan. Was the water in the Jordan river clear?

I have done extensive Bible study over the years. Mainly with an in-depth focus on the prophetic aspects of God's truth.

"in-depth focus on the prophetic aspects of God's truth" ... sounds profound ... but indeed I don't know what this could be. It remembers me to the firefighter who crashed down with the WTC in 9/11. When he awoke in a cavity he saw a little light over him and he climbed over a lot of rubble up to this light. Then he climbed out at thje top of this mountain of rubble like an ant and was saved. As far as I know he never understood why he survived why his comrades and so many others had to die. From my point of view I have somehow the feeling it could be He survived with him and He died with all the others. But why this is so I am also not able to understand. It is what it is. A divine sign is it for sure that even in the worst catastrophe hope never should die. But what are we able to know?

Last edited:
this is why we need a separate Catholic, Christian, Bible Study, prayer, Muslim, Buddist, Atheist, others, etc... rooms. A different room for each. We do not want to study with the atheist.

I'm sure every seeking atheist is welcome in my, our and the Catholic church. Perhaps not welcome from every single member but from our community in and with god. And I think also all seeking members from all other religions are welcome in our church. We will help everyone to find the own best of all possible ways - from the point of view of our Catholic perspectives. And we have a very wide bandwidth of perspectives.

The problem is "ALWAYS" with the lost atheist. They stalk, harass, and agitate others who do believe simply because they failed to believe.

It's like this...

The atheist says: "Yo, look at me I fail in life to believe in God."
We are like: "So what, exist stage left, go sit over there, and await your entrance into hell."

We would rather not study with them at all. I know how this turns out. If the atheist get their very own room they will NOT go into it. The atheist HATE other atheist. A site I was previously on, they had an atheist room, but it remained empty so they got rid of it. The atheist only want to harass other believers. They are a parasite.

Who is not able to believe in god is not able to believe in god. To change this needs always new ways and the help of god. But for sure exists also a lot of manmade pressure not to believe in god. For example in universities - so in places where truth should be important. Nevertheless what you say here is an indifferent hate message. Do you remember Stephen Hawking? He always had been a believer in atheism as far as I know. And he needed a lot of help. But to call such a man "parasite" is only a shame for you on your own.

This is by the way the last favorite song of Stephen Hawking. Also this song let's me hope for him and so many others.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back