Can't get used to my laptop

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
I've been mainly using my laptop for the last three weeks and I am having a heck of a time with typo's and partially completed words. I hate the little mouse pad thing it has and if I even touch it while typing it moves the cursor, starts putting what I'm typing on a different already typed line that makes it look like I'm drunk or something. I mean having a 120 dollar laptop that works is good by it's taking a toll on my patience. Should I shoot it?

Use a regular mouse. Wireless.

You can get a speech to text program. Works well Just don’t use it when high or drunk.

Keyboard is not full-size. Try an after-market keyboard either wired or wireless. Experiment with several in the stores to find one that works. For my laptop I use a LogiTech (spelling?) wireless with a corded "travel mouse".

For my graphics computer I've used a wired "Selectric" type made in Canada but those tend to last only a couple of months. Right now trying one of the soft tactic "das Keyboard". Spendy but feels good.

Laptop standard keyboards are OK for hunt-and-peck users but for high speed typing they suck. I peaked at 139 WPM in my younger days but speed was quickly destroyed by an ASR33 TTY. If you're a fast touch-typist spend the money for a good full-size keyboard. Kind of defeats the purpose of a laptop when you're away from home but it'll save your sanity.

Yay! Kat suggested I look in the bios/setup and see if there was a way to turn it off and there was! In spite of it being hidden with cryptic wording the thing is dead!

I've been mainly using my laptop for the last three weeks and I am having a heck of a time with typo's and partially completed words. I hate the little mouse pad thing it has and if I even touch it while typing it moves the cursor, starts putting what I'm typing on a different already typed line that makes it look like I'm drunk or something. I mean having a 120 dollar laptop that works is good by it's taking a toll on my patience. Should I shoot it?

Yeah yeah yeah, blame yoar laptop ...

Yay! Kat suggested I look in the bios/setup and see if there was a way to turn it off and there was! In spite of it being hidden with cryptic wording the thing is dead!
Good now I can understand what you’re saying bro. Before I thought you had a speech impediment :poke::booze:

Good now I can understand what you’re saying bro. Before I thought you had a speech impediment :poke::booze:
My fingers stutter. It's hell doing Morse.

Seriously, lift your thumbs. Port of folks will just barely touch that stupid mouse pad.

Seriously, lift your thumbs. Port of folks will just barely touch that stupid mouse pad.
I do it was just weird typing like that, but the hateful m-fugga is dormant now!

I do it was just weird typing like that, but the hateful m-fugga is dormant now!

So there is a way to turn it off? Don’t matter anyway I broke my laptop. The Chinese do that on purpose to piss us off.

So there is a way to turn it off? Don’t matter anyway I broke my laptop. The Chinese do that on purpose to piss us off.
Yes there was. First I looked on the internet for my exact laptop and found many articles on how to do it, but none of them worked. Finally I gave up and Kat suggested looking in the bios/setup for a tool to shut it off. I did, and even though it was buried under misleading/generic terminology, I found it and decimated it.

368C8E4F-D2F9-4C77-A8AA-85ABFCE53198.gif

Forum List

Back