Capitalism Guarantees Rising Inequality

No one has benefitted more from capitalism more than poor people. Their quality of life is a million times better than it used to be.

Under capitalism, the prols have their LED TVs, big cars, nice houses and a load of other stuff they would never had seen if the stupid left wing had managed to get communism going.
The said prols get greedy so they take out loans so they can buy what they can't afford, but moan about capitalists when their greed catches up with them and they can't pay the loans.

Silly sods.

No one has benefitted more from capitalism more than poor people. Their quality of life is a million times better than it used to be.

Under capitalism, the prols have their LED TVs, big cars, nice houses and a load of other stuff they would never had seen if the stupid left wing had managed to get communism going.
The said prols get greedy so they take out loans so they can buy what they can't afford, but moan about capitalists when their greed catches up with them and they can't pay the loans.

Silly sods.

^ still uses trite terms like "prols" and cannot fathom why he is never taken seriously.

[...]

Ohhhh, ill-gotten gains. Like the Dems who lied about earnings at Fannie and Freddie in order to get huge bonuses.

I agree, those Dems insiders should have given back the money and served time.

I wonder why Obama and Holder didn't prosecute?

I agree completely. But I don't wonder why Obama and Holder didn't prosecute. It is quite obvious those two are in service to the banks and to Wall Street. Obama was positioned for the presidency by money he received from the finance industry. As for Eric Holder, the following will shed some light on why he was appointed A/G:

(Excerpt)

But it also undoubtedly has something to do with the fact that the top leadership at DOJ is drawn almost exclusively from White Collar Criminal Defense Practices at large firms that represent the very firms that Justice is supposed to be investigating. Covington and Burling, the firm from which both Attorney General Eric Holder and Associate Attorney General and head of the criminal division Lanny Breuer hail, has as its current clients Goldman Sachs, Bank of America, JP Morgan, Wells Fargo, Citigroup, Deutsche Bank, ING, Morgan Stanley, UBS, and MF Global among others. Other top Justice officials have similar connections through their firms.

Obama's DOJ And Wall Street: Too Big For Jail? - Forbes

(Close)

People are payed by their value to a business. You expect a person who stocks shelves to receive the same salary the Company's Accountant gets.
Please explain what a living wage equals. Especially, if you are still living with mommy and daddy.

We are not doing as well as other countries? We still have the Largest Economy in the World. Our poor live better than in any other country in the world and we give aid to those countries.

You really know very little about economics and the world we live in. You are a perfect example of just how bad our Public Education System has become.

Well, I know you just can't fix stupid. So I won't try.

No one expects low skill workers to be paid the same as the company's accountant. What we expect is wages for all workers to rise proportionately. If the accountant is given a 5% increase for cost of living, the low skill workers should receive a similar 5% increase.

What has happened is that wages for accountants have risen by 60% while the low skill workers haven't seen a raise in years.

People aren't really paid based on their value to the business. That's a right wing myth. They're paid based on supply and demand. There are lots of low skill workers and they're easy to replace. With so many unemployed looking for jobs, they line up for any opportunity offered. You don't have to pay more to replace them, and if you can find a legal way to pay them less, they'll still line up for the jobs and be grateful for the opportunity.

Accountants are harder to find and not easily replaced so they're paid more to attract better employees.

You don't have the largest economy in the world. That would be China. Your economy was surpassed because your low income workers have lost buying power and China's markets are growing due to the rise in manufacturing.

I am not a product of your lousy public education system. I'm a product of the much superior Canadian education system. I'm now retired but I was one of the first female bank managers in Canada before moving into law in the early 80's. I specialized in corporate/commercial law and real estate. I think I have a pretty good grasp of economic matters and how successful businesses work.

People are payed by their value to a business. You expect a person who stocks shelves to receive the same salary the Company's Accountant gets.
Please explain what a living wage equals. Especially, if you are still living with mommy and daddy.

We are not doing as well as other countries? We still have the Largest Economy in the World. Our poor live better than in any other country in the world and we give aid to those countries.

You really know very little about economics and the world we live in. You are a perfect example of just how bad our Public Education System has become.

No one expects low skill workers to be paid the same as the company's accountant. What we expect is wages for all workers to rise proportionately. If the accountant is given a 5% increase for cost of living, the low skill workers should receive a similar 5% increase.

What has happened is that wages for accountants have risen by 60% while the low skill workers haven't seen a raise in years.

People aren't really paid based on their value to the business. That's a right wing myth. They're paid based on supply and demand. There are lots of low skill workers and they're easy to replace. With so many unemployed looking for jobs, they line up for any opportunity offered. You don't have to pay more to replace them, and if you can find a legal way to pay them less, they'll still line up for the jobs and be grateful for the opportunity.

Accountants are harder to find and not easily replaced so they're paid more to attract better employees.

You don't have the largest economy in the world. That would be China. Your economy was surpassed because your low income workers have lost buying power and China's markets are growing due to the rise in manufacturing.

I am not a product of your lousy public education system. I'm a product of the much superior Canadian education system. I'm now retired but I was one of the first female bank managers in Canada before moving into law in the early 80's. I specialized in corporate/commercial law and real estate. I think I have a pretty good grasp of economic matters and how successful businesses work.

My aren't you just a legend in your own mind :)

I am not pro or anti government. I find such a political dynamic juvenile and based on ideology more so than economics and reality. I am for effective markets and I am for a pro growth approach based on demand and supply growing hand in hand. If government involvement is needed then so be it.

In what circumstances is government needed?

To protect citizens from control fraud:

"Control fraud occurs when a trusted person in a high position of responsibility in a company, corporation, or state subverts the organization and engages in extensive fraud for personal gain. The term Control fraud was coined by William K. Black to refer both to the acts of fraud and to the individuals who commit them."

Control fraud - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do you want to share your legendary credentials in Economics, banking, or finance?

Do you want to share your legendary credentials in Economics, banking, or finance?

Am I supposed to be in awe of her "alleged" superior education and self proclaimed expertise in well everything?

Sorry, the louder one needs to blow one's own horn the less reason there is to believe them.

Me?

I am simply an ex wrestler who makes a lot of money selling insurance, nothing to see here.

;)

Cut the crap. Human beings/human activity creates inequality. Some are smarter than others. Some work harder than others. Some make better choices. Some are selfish. Some are greedy. Some are lazy. Some are stupid. Some are lucky...some not. Inequality is. That is why the nuns told me to concentrate on saving my soul...so as to be happy with God in heaven...and not to fret over who has what. Pax vobiscum.
Which only works if god and heaven exist.
Inequality exists because the greediest and the most selfish individuals and institutions use private wealth to control every government yet devised. Solutions include stronger regulation of markets to promote sustainable and equitable growth along with curbing the power of the rich to influence political processes and policies that best suit their interests. Build a wall of separation between private wealth and the state, or use the state to tax private wealth into extinction. There are alternatives.

Inequality exists because the greediest and the most selfish individuals and institutions use private wealth to control every government yet devised.

Inequality exists because people are not equal.
And capitalism enhances inequality:

"A child raised in the bottom fifth of the income scale through much of the southern United States has around a 5 percent chance of rising to the top fifth—4 percent in Atlanta and 4.3 percent in Charlotte—while a low-income child has a 9.6 percent chance of rising in Los Angeles and 11.2 percent in San Francisco.

"Do Republicans think poor kids in California are just twice as likely to be hardworking as poor kids in Georgia and North Carolina?

"Or might there be something else going on?

"Not to mention, even an 11.2 percent chance of going from low-income to high-income is pretty damn low if what we're looking at is an issue of merit.

"Those numbers are in line with Pew's earlier finding that 43 percent of Americans born in the bottom fifth of the income ladder never move up, and a full 70 percent never reach the middle.

"The 'this is about advantages and inequality, not individual merit' hypothesis gains strength when you learn that rich kids with below-average test scores are more likely to graduate from college than poor kids with above-average test scores."

Daily Kos: Republicans believe rich people just work harder. So how do they explain these statistics?

In terms of its relation to the national economy a living wage is an amount which is predicated on local standards as being sufficient to avoid the recipient's need for supplementary government assistance -- such as WalMart, et. al., advises its underpaid employees to apply for.

Your reference to the poor (lower) class is not relevant to this issue, which concerns working (middle) class Americans and their declining economic status.

The facts you've cited do not justify the decline in worker wages vs the rise in corporate profits and executive compensation which has persisted for the past four decades. The inequitable disparity is typified in the fact that in 1980 the average corporate CEO salary was around thirty times greater than his highest paid subordinate's, whereas today's CEO salary is around three hundred times greater than that of his highest paid subordinate -- and their bonuses are often greater than their subordinate employees could earn in a hundred lifetimes! So imagine what the ratio is in relation to the wage of the lowest level subordinate and you'll see why a One Percent minority of Americans have managed to rise to the level of economic aristocracy while the economic status of the majority, the workers, has declined and continues to decline by a measurable percentage year after year.

San Francisco has a minimum wage of $10.55 an hour and health insurance minimum standard that makes Obamacare look like the disaster it is, yet still hands out massive amounts of government assistance. I can tell you why, can you tell me?

The accountant doesn't get COLA raises, problem solved.

Me?

I am simply an ex wrestler who makes a lot of money selling insurance, nothing to see here.

;)
There's something a little scary about an ex wrestler making a lot of money selling insurance, but I sure as hell don't want to go to the mat with you over that one.

I'm a retired blue-collar wage slave who tried one microeconomics class at a local community college and dropped it after my first mid-term.

I wonder if we agree that someone who was in fact a bank manager and moved into corporate/commercial law and real estate would likely have a much better understanding of macroeconomics than either of us?

Am I supposed to be in awe of her "alleged" superior education and self proclaimed expertise in well everything?

Sorry, the louder one needs to blow one's own horn the less reason there is to believe them.

If she actually has a degree in accounting she wouldn't be spouting about accountants getting a 60% pay raise in order to deal with more complex tax laws, and dismiss it as a COLA increase.

Which only works if god and heaven exist.
Inequality exists because the greediest and the most selfish individuals and institutions use private wealth to control every government yet devised. Solutions include stronger regulation of markets to promote sustainable and equitable growth along with curbing the power of the rich to influence political processes and policies that best suit their interests. Build a wall of separation between private wealth and the state, or use the state to tax private wealth into extinction. There are alternatives.

Inequality exists because the greediest and the most selfish individuals and institutions use private wealth to control every government yet devised.

Inequality exists because people are not equal.
And capitalism enhances inequality:

"A child raised in the bottom fifth of the income scale through much of the southern United States has around a 5 percent chance of rising to the top fifth—4 percent in Atlanta and 4.3 percent in Charlotte—while a low-income child has a 9.6 percent chance of rising in Los Angeles and 11.2 percent in San Francisco.

"Do Republicans think poor kids in California are just twice as likely to be hardworking as poor kids in Georgia and North Carolina?

"Not to mention, even an 11.2 percent chance of going from low-income to high-income is pretty damn low if what we're looking at is an issue of merit.

"Those numbers are in line with Pew's earlier finding that 43 percent of Americans born in the bottom fifth of the income ladder never move up, and a full 70 percent never reach the middle.

"The 'this is about advantages and inequality, not individual merit' hypothesis gains strength when you learn that rich kids with below-average test scores are more likely to graduate from college than poor kids with above-average test scores."

Daily Kos: Republicans believe rich people just work harder. So how do they explain these statistics?

Better question, do Democrats think that California makes kids smarter?

Me?

;)
There's something a little scary about an ex wrestler making a lot of money selling insurance, but I sure as hell don't want to go to the mat with you over that one.

I'm a retired blue-collar wage slave who tried one microeconomics class at a local community college and dropped it after my first mid-term.

I wonder if we agree that someone who was in fact a bank manager and moved into corporate/commercial law and real estate would likely have a much better understanding of macroeconomics than either of us?

I have a long internet experience that tells me people that blow their own horns the loudest aren't worth listening to...it's just that simple.

Individuals ARE the market.
We influence foreign government a great deal with money. It's called foreign aid. Corporations fail or change when people stop voting with their dollars. Government takes longer to change since has no competition or profits to meet. And apparently little regard for its' shareholders since everything is backwards.

Instead of the way it was formed, government for the people has become people for the government. We work and exist to feed the ever growing government do manage us in increasing detail.

Why blame the business that buys government and give the government guys a pass?
Why would a free people give a pass to either group of parasites? In the aftermath of the S&L Crisis of the late 80s, the Office of Thrift Supervision brought 3,000 administration enforcement actions against identified perpetrators. They successfully clawed back some of the ill-gotten gains, and sent hundreds of bankers to prison.

How does that compare to 2008's credit crisis when just the household sector losses alone were over seventy times greater than those seen during the entire S&L debacle?

How many criminal referrals did the same government agency make one generation later?

What changed that wasn't made worse by the rise in economic inequality between the late '80s and 2008?

“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
- Frederic Bastiat

Bill Black: Our System Is So Flawed That Fraud Is Mathematically Guaranteed | Zero Hedge

In the aftermath of the S&L Crisis of the late 80s, the Office of Thrift Supervision brought 3,000 administration enforcement actions against identified perpetrators.

In the S&L crisis, perps were making loans to insiders.
Like Clinton's Whitewater buddies.
The real estate crisis involved banks making loans to people who couldn't pay them back.

Where is the crime?

They successfully clawed back some of the ill-gotten gains, and sent hundreds of bankers to prison.

Ohhhh, ill-gotten gains. Like the Dems who lied about earnings at Fannie and Freddie in order to get huge bonuses.
I agree, those Dems insiders should have given back the money and served time.
I wonder why Obama and Holder didn't prosecute?
Why do you continue to pretend there's any difference between Democrat and Republican thieves?

"Neil Bush was a member of the board of directors of Denver-based Silverado Savings and Loan during the 1980s' larger Savings and Loan crisis. As his father, George H.W. Bush, was Vice President of the United States, his role in Silverado's failure was a focal point of publicity. According to a piece in Salon, Silverado's collapse cost taxpayers $1.3 billion."

Neil Bush - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It wasn't "magic" you fuck'n buffoon. Steve Jobs was driven to succeed. It took ungodly hours, tremendous effort, and many failures.

It's so irritating listening to asshat, worthless, couch-potatoe losers like you claim that someone else's success was "luck", or "magic", or "fortune" simply because you're not willing to acknowledge your own failures and lack of effort.
It's even more irritating to listen to rich-bitch wannabees ignore economic realities in the 21st Century:

George "Dubya" Bush, for example

DailyKOS is your source.

Enough said.
Here's some more, Hack:

"A new Pew Research Center/USA Today poll echoes Quinnipiac in finding that voters want to see the minimum wage increased and unemployment aid extended; once again, even Republicans support raising the minimum wage, 53 percent to 43 percent.

"Republicans are just about exactly flipped on unemployment aid: 43 percent want to see it extended while 54 percent don't.

"Democrats are overwhelmingly in favor of both policies, as are strong majorities of independents.

"But the survey also highlights a fundamental difference in how Republicans and Democrats see economic inequality and poverty: Republicans actually believe that rich people are rich because they worked harder and poor people are poor because they didn't work hard enough..."

Find any content you care to criticize, or are you still stuck on (stupid) context?

Uh....stupid fuck.

Cuba, North Korea, the former USSR, etc had more poverty and inequality than the US. People are eating dead humans in North Korea to survive you stupid pile of shit.

Shut the fuck up.

Where is Democracy to be found in a world where the three richest individuals have assets that exceed the combined GDP of 47 countries?

A world where the richest 2% of global citizens "own" more than 51% of global assets?

Ready for the best part?

Capitalism ensures an already bad problem will only get worse.

"The Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) states that income inequality 'first started to rise in the late ‘70s and early ‘80s in America and Britain (and also in Israel)'.

"The ratio between the average incomes of the top 5 per cent to the bottom 5 per cent in the world increased from 78:1 in 1988, to 114:1 in 1993..."

"Stiglitz relays that from 1988 to 2008 people in the world’s top 1 per cent saw their incomes increase by 60 per cent, while those in the bottom 5 per cent had no change in their income.

"In America, home to the 2008 recession, from 2009 to 2012, incomes of the top 1 per cent in America, many of which no doubt had a greedy hand in the causes of the meltdown, increased more than 31 per cent, while the incomes of the 99 per cent grew 0.4 per cent less than half a percentage point."

Spotlight on Worldwide Inequality

There are alternatives that don't require infinite "growth."

Forum List

Back