Capitalism Guarantees Rising Inequality

dear idiot.

You are the one who said we should return to kings and queens Bri bri

No, I only said that monarchy would be infinitely preferable to the rule by Obama and Harry Reid that we are all currently suffering under. At a minimum, our taxes would be less than 20% of what we now pay.
So, you're planning on contributing to Money Mitt's refund?

"Mitt Romney made $13.7 million last year and paid $1.94 million in federal income taxes, giving him an effective tax rate of 14.1%, his campaign said Friday."

Romney paid 14% effective tax rate in 2011 - Sep. 21, 2012

Good for him! That is outstanding. Sadly, it's 4.1% more than than any of us should be paying.

Mitt Romney gave $4 million to charity.

That bastard! Giving away over 43% of his income. Awful, just awful.

That could mean many things, including PR stunt (in addition to mere charity). I don't think it's that though. What I hope it shows is that Romney is admitting that 13.4 million wasn't earned by him in full. Without our country's citizens and indeed the global economy he could never attain the success he has. So he is simply giving back to the community that helped him generatemillions in profits, which is different than earning precisely 13.4M in profits. It is naive and brutish to think anyone "fully and completely" earns every penny. They depend on complex social nexus created and reified by everyone, not by a single individual. Egos kill.

Capitalism is inherently undemocratic, as it's practiced in the US.

Capitalism isn't meant to be democratic. Democracy is a principle that applies to government, where consensus decisions are often necessary. Majority rule isn't necessary, nor, in my view, desirable, when it comes to our economic decisions.
Would you agree with this: your freedom of enterprise denies my freedom of a job?
If you believe in democracy, how can you justify not instituting it in the place where we spend most of our adult lives?

No, I only said that monarchy would be infinitely preferable to the rule by Obama and Harry Reid that we are all currently suffering under. At a minimum, our taxes would be less than 20% of what we now pay.

"Mitt Romney made $13.7 million last year and paid $1.94 million in federal income taxes, giving him an effective tax rate of 14.1%, his campaign said Friday."

Mitt Romney made $13.7 million last year and paid $1.94 million in federal income taxes and gave $4 million to charity.

You're right.
It should've been 94%.
Greedy fuck, tsk tsk.

Extraordinary effort................ guarantees inequality.
Studying math and science.......guarantees inequality.
Intense exercise......................guarantees inequality.
Hand/eye coordination..............guarantees inequality.
Large breasts..........................guarantees inequality.
Leadership development ..........guarantees inequality.
Personality development...........guarantees inequality.
Writing skill.............................guarantees inequality.
Anything you put effort into.......guarantees inequality.

^^^Yet another good set of reasons for FLUSHING as many Republican AND Democrat incumbents from DC as possible next November. If your ballot offers third party candidates running for congress, consider choosing the one that comes the closest to mirroring your political/economic views and reject the false "choice" of Democrat OR Republican.

Then you'll be voting for the Communist Party candidate?

dear idiot.

You are the one who said we should return to kings and queens Bri bri

What does Mitt Romney have to do with issue of whether monarchy is preferable to democracy?

Mitt Romney made $13.7 million last year and paid $1.94 million in federal income taxes and gave $4 million to charity.

You're right.
It should've been 94%.
Greedy fuck, tsk tsk.

Why should it have been 94%?

Last edited:
I think some people are confusing the challenge to capitalism as a challenge to division of labor, exchange of goods or other fundamental concepts. This is not our challenge, these are essential to a functioning society. However, evident within our current state of affairs, those at the top have been afforded exorbitant prosperity while much of the rest are between jobs, kept afloat by increasing credit or wait in lines for soup.

It doesn't take much thinking to realize the prosperity generated from human and mechanized labor was not earned by only the top 2%. It was wealth and prosperity generated by the majority of global citizens. Yet capitalism as practiced today ensures an imposed and unnecessary gap between those who enjoy full service luxury and those who serve those to that end. Unless we wish to worship demi-gods (ie. the uber-rich) we need to call out these internal flaws! Capitalism is diseased if we truly aim for a prosperous nation one ruled with democratic justice and liberty for all. Perhaps there is a better way to practice capitalism but as it stands the wealthy elite are shoring up their powers for the inevitable global challenge to the status quo. Let's join them so we can share more of the opportunities, prosperity and education! These are fundamental in moving forward in the 21st century.

here's a lil image to shake our understanding. of course it's exaggerated to make a point but as always, the truth lies somewhere in between...
1779688_642038305863937_358560677_n.jpg

Last edited:
THOSE evil fucking "rich" people eat well while the less affluent have to scrape by.

That's the gist of the complaint.

But while the new lolberal talking point is making the rounds, I can't help but ask:

what exactly do these guys propose as the solution for this disparity?

Strip away all the excess verbiage (verbal camouflage, since they don't want to ever come right out and SAY it) and their agenda is revealed. (This is why they don't care to address their 'solution" in clear terms.)

They want to -- they think they should be entitled to do it in fact -- and they WILL seek to confiscate from the evil rich bastards ever increasing amounts of their wealth. It doesn't belong to them, you see. They didn't earn that. They didn't build that. (Sound familiar?)

It isn't "really" the wealth of the rich greedy bastards. No. No no. It's stuff they somehow denied the other 99% from having. So, whether it takes the form of outright confiscation or just the death of a million cuts (taxation without end), the 'solution" is some kind of TAKING. It's a reclamation, you see. It's not "taking from the rich." It's taking BACK from the "rich" to redistribute to everybody ELSE.

But enough of this analysis. Let's have the spokespersons for this new liberal talking point meme step up to the podium and cut the malarkey.

The rich have more. The less affluent (the poor, the 99%) have less. There is an income inequality. There is a wealth disparity. Now, what is the proposed "lib" solution to this identified "problem?"

We await your eloquence.

Your republican spin brings us back to square one. Regression is the name of the game.

No one is being accused of being evil. We are all trying to do well for ourselves and do what's right. So you can put the spin of confiscation, of commandeering, of taking but these are stumbling blocks to understanding what a healthy society looks like. You have no idea what I'm talking about when I say the 2% do you? Those who own 10 houses worldwide. 70 cars. 2 private jets etc etc

A healthy society can withstand external forces and internal strife. We should seek to better cooperate instead of disparage one another if we wish to live in a resilient society. But I know you know no other game than to agree with republicans and disagree with anything that is nonrepublican. We are trying your policies in economics and it's causing ever increasing strife as we speak. Maybe your idea of a society is one that worships the one true republican diety but if you expect to endure, this business of alienating people from the propserity in America is damaging to the strength of our nation.

At the level it has reached, this is not a matter of taking, its a matter of sharing what the working class helped create. We understand there will always be levels of difference where people deserve more than others. But what I'm talking about the top 2% you will never brush elbows with and who own the majority of the world's wealth. 85 individuals own the equivalent wealth of the poorest 3.5 billion people! That isn't a matter of earning, its a matter of not sharing. They fly across the world whenever they want and eat anything they desire without repercussion. This is not reality. The rest of us do not aim for such exorbitance; rather, we seek to simply stay sane and that's awfully hard to do when there is no work and what work there is pays less than what it takes to survive. It's a circus for the majority and with gullible folks like you we maintain this unshared prosperity. You stand to benefit from the sharing of the wealth you and I help generate but yet you fight to keep it stowed safely among the 2%. Geesh!

Last edited:
Your republican spin brings us back to square one. Regression is the name of the game.

Horseshit as usual from you. I am merely exposing your lolberal Democrap spin. No wonder you are braying like the jackass you are.

No one is being accused of being evil.

You fucking liar.

We are all trying to do well for ourselves and do what's right. So you can put the spin of confiscation, of commandeering, of taking but these are stumbling blocks to understanding what a healthy society looks like. You have no idea what I'm talking about when I say the 2% do you? Those who own 10 houses worldwide. 70 cars. 2 private jets etc etc

You are being AMAZINGLY VERBOSE (as I wisely predicted you would be) to EVADE the point. Your trite notion of what "healthy society" might look like is simply your utopian fantasy. But even if it were substantive (it isn't) you are still studiously evading ANSWERING the question; what you suggest can properly be done to "correct" this disparity of wealth.

It is NOT (as you later babbled) a matter of "sharing." YOU have no authority or ability -- and your over-seer government has no authority or ability in law or justice -- to compel me (or anyone else) to "share." You might have the power to TAKE, but that is not the same thing. You know it, too. That's why you attempt to so feebly couch it in terms of "sharing." Good grief. You SUCK at this debate thing.

Let's assume that the wealthy 1% (or 2% since you're changing that figure, now) choose not to voluntarily "share" their acquired wealth with you, with the government or with anybody or anything else. NOW, what is your proposed solution?

Try to lose your verbosity, too. It is clearly your attempt to obfuscate and evade. But go for the simple, honest declarative sentences anyway.

I think some people are confusing the challenge to capitalism as a challenge to division of labor, exchange of goods or other fundamental concepts. This is not our challenge, these are essential to a functioning society. However, evident within our current state of affairs, those at the top have been afforded exorbitant prosperity while much of the rest are between jobs, kept afloat by increasing credit or wait in lines for soup.

It doesn't take much thinking to realize the prosperity generated from human and mechanized labor was not earned by only the top 2%. It was wealth and prosperity generated by the majority of global citizens. Yet capitalism as practiced today ensures an imposed and unnecessary gap between those who enjoy full service luxury and those who serve those to that end. Unless we wish to worship demi-gods (ie. the uber-rich) we need to call out these internal flaws! Capitalism is diseased if we truly aim for a prosperous nation one ruled with democratic justice and liberty for all. Perhaps there is a better way to practice capitalism but as it stands the wealthy elite are shoring up their powers for the inevitable global challenge to the status quo. Let's join them so we can share more of the opportunities, prosperity and education! These are fundamental in moving forward in the 21st century.

here's a lil image to shake our understanding. of course it's exaggerated to make a point but as always, the truth lies somewhere in between...

How are you mercilessly exploited?
Spell it out.

Record corporate profits coupled with high unemployment.

Trickle-down theory doesn't work.

There's no such thing as "trickle down theory." That's just a liberal pejorative meaning "capitalism." Any one who uses the term "trickle down" is simply admitting he hates capitalism.

It does.
The wealth trickles from the Directors.
Most to the CEO, the leading party of Communist China and just enough to the Investors.

Where is Democracy to be found in a world where the three richest individuals have assets that exceed the combined GDP of 47 countries?

A world where the richest 2% of global citizens "own" more than 51% of global assets?

Ready for the best part?

Capitalism ensures an already bad problem will only get worse.

"The Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) states that income inequality 'first started to rise in the late ‘70s and early ‘80s in America and Britain (and also in Israel)'.

"The ratio between the average incomes of the top 5 per cent to the bottom 5 per cent in the world increased from 78:1 in 1988, to 114:1 in 1993..."

"Stiglitz relays that from 1988 to 2008 people in the world’s top 1 per cent saw their incomes increase by 60 per cent, while those in the bottom 5 per cent had no change in their income.

"In America, home to the 2008 recession, from 2009 to 2012, incomes of the top 1 per cent in America, many of which no doubt had a greedy hand in the causes of the meltdown, increased more than 31 per cent, while the incomes of the 99 per cent grew 0.4 per cent less than half a percentage point."

Spotlight on Worldwide Inequality

There are alternatives that don't require infinite "growth."

GP, life guarantees inequality. People are not born equal, not in physical, mental abilities nor in desires. Life's not fair, and you can't make it fair.

If you and I were equal we would both get a piece of chocolate cake. But the problem with that is I really don't like chocolate cake. So, that approach may be equal, but it is not fair.

How are you mercilessly exploited?
Spell it out.

According to gnarly, merciless exploitation is simply not akin to "evil."

He's a transparently fraudulent young hack.

Capitalism is inherently undemocratic, as it's practiced in the US.

Capitalism isn't meant to be democratic. Democracy is a principle that applies to government, where consensus decisions are often necessary. Majority rule isn't necessary, nor, in my view, desirable, when it comes to our economic decisions.
Would you agree with this: your freedom of enterprise denies my freedom of a job?

What does 'freedom of a job' mean?

If you believe in democracy, how can you justify not instituting it in the place where we spend most of our adult lives?

The same way I can justify not instituting it for any of my personal decisions. It's none of the majority's business how I earn a living or how I spend my money.

Forum List

Back