Capitol stormer says he was there just to 'help police respond to Antifa'

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
Is that a valid excuse? Should he be be let off the hook?

How many of my fellow USMBers are falling for his shtick?

He's the guy who was using the US flag and flagpole as a crutch. Wonder why the FBI fired him???

Man charged in Capitol riot worked for FBI, lawyer says
Feb 09, 2021 · Thomas Caldwell, who authorities believe holds a leadership role in the extremist group, worked as a section chief for the FBI from 2009 to 2010 after retiring from the Navy, his lawyer, Thomas...

Alleged Oath Keeper charged in Capitol riot says he once ...
Feb 09, 2021 · (CNN) Thomas Caldwell, a Virginia man whom prosecutors have charged as part of an extremist group's alleged conspiracy to prepare and attack the Capitol on …

You people are obsessed.
Yes.

This whole story -- Trumpism -- is absolutely fascinating from a historical, psychological, sociological and anthropological perspective. This country has never seen anything like this.

And more amazingly, the story continues. We're still in it. It's the gift that just keeps giving. I just hope we ultimately view this as the profoundly disturbing, cautionary tale that it is.

So Trumpsters can complain about this attention all they want. It will not change a thing.

That sounds like an arsonist pleading he was "just trying to keep the neighbors warm".

I feel a little pity for this old guy. He may very well have believed he was doing the right thing. Stupid? For sure, just like these ignorant right wingers on usmb still believing that trump isn't the treasonous piece of shit that he is.

Hell no it's not a valid excuse. It's a lame attempt at justification. Lock him up.

I feel a little pity for this old guy. He may very well have believed he was doing the right thing. Stupid? For sure, just like these ignorant right wingers on usmb still believing that trump isn't the treasonous piece of shit that he is.
That really is a perfectly reasonable take on this.

A pretty fair amount of these people are actually well-meaning and decent folks (not the domestic terrorists, obviously). We've all encountered them. They've just been conned by this alternate universe and really have been convinced that Trump (of all freakin' people) represents "good" and that the commies are out to get us. They're consumed by this misguided paranoia and there's not much you can say to them.

Unfortunately there are also the crazed Trumpsters (clearly well-represented here on USMB) whose paranoia is compounded by their rage and bigotry. The voices they trust have them convinced that they are literally in a war. Literally. And in a war, you can lie like the guy in the OP is.

Hell no it's not a valid excuse. It's a lame attempt at justification. Lock him up.
He'll be out in a week. Prisons are over full and we need them for "actually dangerous" people. Biden did similar stuff and later a shadow cabal of globalist made him president. Maybe these people will end up in Congress too

Oh, geez. What's so hard to understand about this? Hello?

Help the police? The fascists?

Antifa? Anti-fascists? Clearly the capitol police need all the help they can get, right? Bad backs and all!

He'll be out in a week. Prisons are over full and we need them for "actually dangerous" people. Biden did similar stuff and later a shadow cabal of globalist made him president. Maybe these people will end up in Congress too
Insurgents are actually dangerous.

I loved the judge's response to his lame lie.

I loved the judge's response to his lame lie.

My favorite part of the story was the last line: "He is not allowed to access the internet". :ack-1:

Forum List

Back