Car sale surge as economy improves

• Banned
I guess you will have to do another debt ceiling debacle to stop this recovery

Its a good thing Obama saved the auto industry

Anyone who can make a major purchase now should do so. The dollar is going to plummet as other nations follow Australia and China into dumping the dollar as a reserve currency. P

I usually look forward to my tax refund.
This year instead of buying something,anything I will have to hold onto it.

Price of gas is still high,tolls on bridges and tunnels have gone up,my healthcare premiums
have gone up,I now have to pay a yearly deductible on prescriptions.The other day instead
of paying $35.00 for a prescription I had to pay $135.00.

You guys can celebrate Obama as much as you like but I'm not.

The increase in car sales is due to companies replacing fleet cars while they can.

The increase in car sales is due to companies replacing fleet cars while they can.

We have a WINNER!!!
I was just going to post that same information.
Oh, the incentives are spectacular right now.
If anyone has a used car and there is no note on it, trades are lucrative.
Dealers are begging for used cars.
In spite of Obama's policies, the nation's economy is cyclical.
Anyone who has half a brain knows the economy always fixes itself.
We are headed to another recession as the US Dollar continues to slide vs other major currencies.
We have Obama's bills to pay. Sooner or later, inflation and higher interest rates will become necessary.
I am clearing out as much variable rate debt as possible and what I cannot pay off, I will convert to fixed interest loans. Credit card interest rates will balloon to over 25%. And that's for people with GOOD credit.

I guess you will have to do another debt ceiling debacle to stop this recovery

It is increasing borrowing which is screwing the economy.
Does economic prosperity originate with government?
Oh, last weeks reprieve was the FINAL continuing budget resolution.
There will be no more. This is the reason the Senate, after four years has finally gotten to work on a budget. The reason is simple. The well is dry. And so is the free spending and creation of more debt. OVER.

I usually look forward to my tax refund.
This year instead of buying something,anything I will have to hold onto it.

Price of gas is still high,tolls on bridges and tunnels have gone up,my healthcare premiums
have gone up,I now have to pay a yearly deductible on prescriptions.The other day instead
of paying $35.00 for a prescription I had to pay $135.00.

You guys can celebrate Obama as much as you like but I'm not.
If we get a refund, we just usu it to pay down debt and pay bills.
We are not big spenders.

Ain't it just the shits when the economy doesn't crash like you 'Conservatives' want it to. When your fellow Americans are doing better when you wished them to do worse.

I just think it suks when people see a little improvement and then go on to praise Obama
like he saved the world from catastrophe.

I just think it suks when people see a little improvement and then go on to praise Obama
like he saved the world from catastrophe.

Yeah, cause the economy was really smoking when he took office.

I guess stopping the total economic freefall of the US economy is no big thing for you. Yeah, cause everything was just hunky dory under W.

We have a WINNER!!!
We are headed to another recession as the US Dollar continues to slide vs other major currencies.
We have Obama's bills to pay. Sooner or later, inflation and higher interest rates will become necessary.
I am clearing out as much variable rate debt as possible and what I cannot pay off, I will convert to fixed interest loans. Credit card interest rates will balloon to over 25%. And that's for people with GOOD credit.

The economy is cyclical, and we are on the verge of a massive boom. The economy has been stale with little growth. We're not due for another bust. The stock market gains were just an adjustment back to where we should have been a few years ago. The real growth starts now. It will still be somewhat slow for the next few years, but by 2016 it's going to really start taking off.

You have to ask yourself what drives the economy, and the answer is simple. It's people starting families, having kids and buying more cars and houses. Why should we expect this to start happening all of a sudden? Because there are over 70 million young people who are going to be in that position in the next five to fifteen years. They are currently between the ages of 20 and 35. They can't live with Mom and Dad forever. As they start their families, money will be spent, employers will increase hiring out of need as demand increases. It's the perfect storm, in a good way.

We have a WINNER!!!

Where is the impending demise of the US auto industry that you predicted?

You know....the one where President Obama was just throwing money away by trying to save our auto industry

obama never saved the auto industry. He saved the unions and prevented them from sucking the last drop of financial blood from GM, but the industry itself was doing just fine. The auto industry was never in any danger of going under.

Volt sales triple, then we find out that the reason is that the government bought thousands. Now car sales improve, but few people are getting cars. The bulk of car sales is going to bulk buyers, like companies who are replacing fleet cars. And, out of those car makers, the one with the most sales is Nissan!

If someone has the money and can make a major purchase they should do so now while the dollar is still worth something. Once the dollar is no longer the world's reserve currency and allowed to float on its own, it will be worth as much as a Greek Drachma.

obama never saved the auto industry. He saved the unions and prevented them from sucking the last drop of financial blood from GM, but the industry itself was doing just fine. The auto industry was never in any danger of going under.

Volt sales triple, then we find out that the reason is that the government bought thousands. Now car sales improve, but few people are getting cars. The bulk of car sales is going to bulk buyers, like companies who are replacing fleet cars. And, out of those car makers, the one with the most sales is Nissan!

If someone has the money and can make a major purchase they should do so now while the dollar is still worth something. Once the dollar is no longer the world's reserve currency and allowed to float on its own, it will be worth as much as a Greek Drachma.

Never in danger of going under?

If that was the case where was all the PRIVATE investment in the US auto industry? Why didn't the private banks stand up and lend them the money?

Only the US Government was willing to stand up and say....The auto industry will not be allowed to fail

And it worked!

If that was the case where was all the PRIVATE investment in the US auto industry? Why didn't the private banks stand up and lend them the money?

Only the US Government was willing to stand up and say....The auto industry will not be allowed to fail

And it worked!

Simple, the auto industry was always more than GM. Toyota was never in danger of going under. Ford didn't take the bail out. Nissan, Kia, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Honda. Not a single one was in any danger whatsoever and had no problem getting investment. It was GM and only GM. They were paying more in union legacy benefits than for material to build cars. No one is going to invest in a company whose entire cash flow is going to pay pensions to those who don't contribute to the company's viability. GM should have declared bankruptcy and had their contracts negotiated. But no, the government gave them a bail out which paid the investors pennies on the dollar but kept the union benefits intact.

And it worked!

Simple, the auto industry was always more than GM. Toyota was never in danger of going under. Ford didn't take the bail out. Nissan, Kia, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Honda. Not a single one was in any danger whatsoever and had no problem getting investment. It was GM and only GM. They were paying more in union legacy benefits than for material to build cars. No one is going to invest in a company whose entire cash flow is going to pay pensions to those who don't contribute to the company's viability. GM should have declared bankruptcy and had their contracts negotiated. But no, the government gave them a bail out which paid the investors pennies on the dollar but kept the union benefits intact.

We bailed out both GM and Chrysler. Ford got their loans before the collapse happened. Ford, by the way supported the bailout.
What happens to the millions of GM and Chrysler employees who spent their lives at these companies with the agreement that they would have a pension? It is fine with you to just brush them off, laugh and say too bad suckers while you protect the compensation of the CEOS

Forum List

Back