Care to spike THIS football, O??

Adding 115,000 jobs nationally is so small that it can't really have an effect. More people are hired over Christmas sales every year. It certainly can't account for an entire 1% drop. 115,000 is a fraction of a fraction.

More people that were looking for work are no longer looking for work. Some of these people likely have completed a transition into government support.

Or they have found a way too pick up odd jobs or started a business of their own.

Discouraged workers didn't change from a year ago though. There is some other reason.

I wonder if an underground economy is growing?

Discouraged workers didn't change from a year ago though. There is some other reason.

I wonder if an underground economy is growing?

Look around you are you see more and more yard sales than you did 3 years ago? Two years ago? how about last year? Look at your want ads see how many people are providing home repair services. I bet their more advertising now than their was a year ago.

I saw a bank accept an underground job as employment on a car loan last month. Never saw that before.

Adding 115,000 jobs nationally is so small that it can't really have an effect. More people are hired over Christmas sales every year. It certainly can't account for an entire 1% drop. 115,000 is a fraction of a fraction.

More people that were looking for work are no longer looking for work. Some of these people likely have completed a transition into government support.

Or they have found a way too pick up odd jobs or started a business of their own.

Labor Force Shrinks In April, Participation Rate At 31-Year Low; Disability Ranks Grow - Investors.com

The civilian labor force shrank in April by 342,000 workers, and remains below where it stood when the economic recovery started 34 months ago, according to data released Friday by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Had the labor force not declined, unemployment would have been 8.3% in April, instead of the 8.1% reported.

That same month, more than 225,000 workers applied for Social Security disability benefits, and nearly 90,000 were enrolled, according to new data from the Social Security Administration.

Compared with June 2009, the month the economic recovery officially started, the labor force has shrunk by 365,000, a trend that has never occurred in any post World War 11 recovery. Those saw the labor force climb by the millions by this point in their recoveries, even as unemployment rates were driven down.

Democrats will NEVER get it. Not ever. Is this kind of ignorance deliberate? It has to be.

I may be wrong on this but........

in the past months' jobs reporting, I seem to remember that one had to dig deep to find the explanation that those who stopped looking caused the UE rate to drop, if you could find it at all.

This is the first time I remember seeing this explanation right up front in the first few paragraphs.

Is the loyal liberal media losing a bit of its loyalty?? Will the media catch the "Dana Milbank" syndrome?

2012-05-04-digest-cartoon-2.jpg

I may be wrong on this but........

in the past months' jobs reporting, I seem to remember that one had to dig deep to find the explanation that those who stopped looking caused the UE rate to drop, if you could find it at all.

This is the first time I remember seeing this explanation right up front in the first few paragraphs.

Is the loyal liberal media losing a bit of its loyalty?? Will the media catch the "Dana Milbank" syndrome?
It gets reported every month; no digging required. Anyone engaged would know the statistics. It's been that way for quite a while now.

Job creation slows again in April; jobless rate dips

The U.S. economy generated fewer jobs than expected in April, but the unemployment rate dipped slightly and data from prior months was revised upward, painting a murky picture of labor market conditions.

It was the second straight month that hiring slowed in the U.S. and it raises concerns, six months before Americans go to the polls to choose either President Barack Obama or his Republican challenger Mitt Romney as president, that the nation's job-creating machine is sputtering.

The Labor Department said Friday that non-farm payrolls rose by 115,000 last month, much lower than the consensus estimate of about 165,000. The jobless rate slid a notch to 8.1 percent from 8.2 percent, as more people left the work force.

Economy Watch - Job creation slows again in April; jobless rate dips

Yes, indeedy!

FORWARD!!

Right off the cliff..................

This is rough.....what will Obama do?

Maybe mention the Republican economy he was given......you know, the one that was losing 770,000 jobs a month

Then he can listen to Republicans giggling that his economy only created 115,000 jobs last mont

Yes, very lame considering all that stimulus and over three years for a recovery. He did drive up gas prices though.

The U.S. economy generated fewer jobs than expected in April, but the unemployment rate dipped slightly and data from prior months was revised upward, painting a murky picture of labor market conditions.

It was the second straight month that hiring slowed in the U.S. and it raises concerns, six months before Americans go to the polls to choose either President Barack Obama or his Republican challenger Mitt Romney as president, that the nation's job-creating machine is sputtering.

The Labor Department said Friday that non-farm payrolls rose by 115,000 last month, much lower than the consensus estimate of about 165,000. The jobless rate slid a notch to 8.1 percent from 8.2 percent, as more people left the work force.

Yes, indeedy!

FORWARD!!

Maybe mention the Republican economy he was given......you know, the one that was losing 770,000 jobs a month

Then he can listen to Republicans giggling that his economy only created 115,000 jobs last mont

Maybe mention the Republican economy he was given

Done under a Democratic controlled congress with Nancy Pelosi as speaker of the house and Harry Reid as the senate majority leader and it get's better a junior senator Barrack obama. and you call that a republican economy? What a fucking idiot you are.

Yes, indeedy!

FORWARD!!

Done under a Democratic controlled congress with Nancy Pelosi as speaker of the house and Harry Reid as the senate majority leader and it get's better a junior senator Barrack obama. and you call that a republican economy? What a fucking idiot you are.

Which specific bills did Pelosi and Reid pass that led to the economic collapse?

Let me think.........oh yes, I remember now. Republicans blocked all legislation, just like they do now

What did Bush do to stop the economic collapse created by six years of GOP policies? Oh yea......he denied it and then said it would fix itself if given a little more time

Which specific bills did Pelosi and Reid pass that led to the economic collapse?

Let me think.........oh yes, I remember now. Republicans blocked all legislation, just like they do now

What did Bush do to stop the economic collapse created by six years of GOP policies? Oh yea......he denied it and then said it would fix itself if given a little more time

Which bill did Bush create that caused the collapse of the economy?

Yes, indeedy!

FORWARD!!

Job growth continues but at a slower pace, 8.1%, the lowest unemployment rate since Feb 2009, the month after Obama took office. Republicans have got to get busy and stop that falling rate. Before you know it, it's going to be below 7.6%.

Forum List

Back