🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Carroll Sends In The Play..Wilson To Harvin...TD.!!!

yep now that they have a receiver who can actually catch the ball and make clutch catches,that offense is going to be dangerous now.

Ya....we are scewed. How are the Seahawks going to replace him? We overcame a horrible first half against Atlanta ...in Atlanta at a horrible cross country trip at a bad starting time..and scored four TDs in the second half to go ahead with 30 seconds to play. We were 13 seconds from the end of the game when Atlanta got a second try for the winning FG. How can we persevere in the playoffs again? How can we even make it to the playoffs again without Harvin?

You mean to say we got within a whisker of playing SF, whom we crushed three weeks earlier 42-13, for the NFC title? Without Percy Harvin?

Let's review Harvins injury. A slight muscle tear in his hip. Seahawk team physicians claim no surgery needed which could take 5-6 weeks to recover from worst case. Rehab and rest resulting in a full recovery... 3-5 weeks. First game Sept 8. By my calender that's roughly 6 weeks.

So even if the Cupcake needs surgery he won't miss more than a couple of regular season games. So we will have to wait a bit longer to put the icing on the cake.

The sun came up in Seattle this morning.

That is all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not saying Seattle ain't a contender. But, I still laugh at your hero worship. And Percy does miss a lot of games. You just have to hope he plays in enough key games including the playoffs.

LOL. I told you! Vikings knew what they were doing!

Y! SPORTS

obviously so.bad news for us seahawks fans Huggy.

Carroll and Bevell had news conferences posted today over on Seahawks dot com. Harvin was barely mentioned. The local reporters barely mentioned Harvin. Harvin won't play unless he is at full strength. We don't need him.

Seattle is/has been a run first offense. Wilson had the lowest pass yards and attempts of any of the good/great QBs last season. What he was really good at was pass efficiency especially on third down. Just keep the chains moving baby!

The Beast showed up in fantastic shape again this pre season plus we drafted another beast in Michaels. Our stable of RBs is as good as any team in the NFL.

Wilson will pick up where he left off in the last half of the season and show improvement in his reads and in his footwork. Like ..We were concerned about Wilson's ability to make his proper check downs and his ability to extend plays with his footwork... NOT!

Wilson will be noticeably better than last season. Our defense which ended the regular season # one in scoring added several talented and key players in FA. Three proven linemen with a total of 33 sacks were added to the team. The Seahawk defense will be noticeably better this season.

When Harvin is finally cleared to play he will have to fight for touches. If he gets to play this season he can count on Wilson getting him the ball as Russell doesn't play favorites...much like Brady in NE or Manning in Denver.

If we never signed Harvin we would be a much improved team over the one that took the field last September.

We should easily roll over a pretty good team led by Cam Newton in game one which will establish a new strength in winning away games which the Seahawks have not enjoyed in recent memory. We were 3-5 last season but beat Carolina with an untested Wilson in the first half of his rookie season. Week two brings SF to Seattle where we will crush the Niners just like the last time we met, extending our unbeaten home record and continue to show that Seattle is the toughest place to play in the NFL. I don't know if we will spank the 9ers 42-13 like our last game in week 16 but we WILL beat them convincingly giving them something to remember as we take the NFC West title away from them. If we win the NFC West we will get home games thruout the playoffs with a first game bye assuring our rightfull Super Bowl performance in February.

If Harvin gets to play this season even by the 3rd or fourth game he will only make it impossible for any team to match the Seahawks score for score. Oh ya..that and our near the top of the league defense.

Wilson will pick up where he left off in the last half of the season and show improvement in his reads and in his footwork. Like ..We were concerned about Wilson's ability to make his proper check downs and his ability to extend plays with his footwork... NOT!

Wilson will be noticeably better than last season. Our defense which ended the regular season # one in scoring added several talented and key players in FA. Three proven linemen with a total of 33 sacks were added to the team. The Seahawk defense will be noticeably better this season.

Sounds like you're basically excited about a Christian Ponder type of QB. Ponder's numbers were lesser; but his o-line wasn't great and he had possibly the worst WR corps in the league.

Sort of ironic when you consider that Vikings fans dog Ponder and Seahawk fans like yourself worship Wilson.

Christian Ponder NFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com
Russell Wilson NFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

Sounds like you're basically excited about a Christian Ponder type of QB. Ponder's numbers were lesser; but his o-line wasn't great and he had possibly the worst WR corps in the league.

Sort of ironic when you consider that Vikings fans dog Ponder and Seahawk fans like yourself worship Wilson.

Ponder and Webb were an embarrassment at the end of last season. I felt sorry for the GB fanz. Wilson just kept getting better and better.

Do I worship Wilson? Ya I spoz I do. Players like him come around once in a lifetime. We are lucky to have him. If you are as big a fan as I you recognise the talent of a guy like Russell Wilson and appreciate the fortune you enjoy having him on your team. I'm not the only football fan that holds Wilson in high regard. He is second only to Colin Kaepernick in football jersey sales nation wide. And that is without my help as I don't have a current jersey. Mine is a Matt Hasselbeck. :lol:

What with all the bad news we get shoveled in our faces daly by the media it is nice to have something or someone that is truly working to make my life more enjoyable.

Better Seattle than the rest of those fuckers in that division.

Of course all this arguing is irrelevant because there's a burgundy and gold motherfucking LEGEND getting ready to win 6 or 7 SUPERBOWLS in the next decade!

111812-REDSKINS_EAGLES-010-web.jpg

Of course all this arguing is irrelevant because there's a burgundy and gold motherfucking LEGEND getting ready to win 6 or 7 SUPERBOWLS in the next decade!

Interesting choice of words.

Speaking of "getting ready" do you think Robby Three Geez will be ready for this season and if he is what are the chances that he will dial back all that running into other players that want to take his head off?

Speaking of "getting ready" do you think Robby Three Geez will be ready for this season and if he is what are the chances that he will dial back all that running into other players that want to take his head off?

He'll be there game 1 :lol: already cleared to play! :lol:

The 'skins will set RECORDS this year. It will be awesome.

Ya "records" in lawsuits against that cheap asshole Snyder for forcing other teams to play on his field of screams. How many crucial players have to go down before the NFL files class action litigation againt the Skins owner for putting the rest of the league at risk?

I don't see how RGIII can rehab playing continuously amongst the pot holes of his home field. If it was an interstate freeway Snyder would already have been sued into oblivion. :lol:

Ya "records" in lawsuits against that cheap asshole Snyder for forcing other teams to play on his field of screams. How many crucial players have to go down before the NFL files class action litigation againt the Skins owner for putting the rest of the league at risk?

I don't see how RGIII can rehab playing continuously amongst the pot holes of his home field. If it was an interstate freeway Snyder would already have been sued into oblivion. :lol:

Lol I love it when other teams complain about stubbing their toes in our House. It's a MAN'S sport. Can't tough it out? Sounds like a personal problem :cool:

Lol I love it when other teams complain about stubbing their toes in our House. It's a MAN'S sport. Can't tough it out? Sounds like a personal problem :cool:

I don't think we are talking about stubbed toes. Our best pass rusher Clemmons tore up his ACL knee in that stadium. I don't think there is anything humorous about it.

It cost the Seahawks plenty including the loss at Atlanta. I wouldn't be surprised if the field contributed to RGII's knee injury also.

The field is a dissgrace ...you know it is true...the whole league knows it is true.

I like to see the players get the opportunity to play under the best conditions possible...not the worst.

These athletes work very hard to perform at speeds these days that demand respect for thier efforts and a reasonable expectation that the field won't cause major injury.

I don't think we are talking about stubbed toes. Our best pass rusher Clemmons tore up his ACL knee in that stadium. I don't think there is anything humorous about it.

It cost the Seahawks plenty including the loss at Atlanta. I wouldn't be surprised if the field contributed to RGII's knee injury also.

The field is a dissgrace ...you know it is true...the whole league knows it is true.

I like to see the players get the opportunity to play under the best conditions possible...not the worst.

These athletes work very hard to perform at speeds these days that demand respect for thier efforts and a reasonable expectation that the field won't cause major injury.

Sometimes the weak can't cut it man... :dunno:

There's nothing FORCING them to play on our field! If they don't think they can cut it they can always call in a sick day!

Ponder and Webb were an embarrassment at the end of last season. I felt sorry for the GB fanz. Wilson just kept getting better and better.

Do I worship Wilson? Ya I spoz I do. Players like him come around once in a lifetime. We are lucky to have him. If you are as big a fan as I you recognise the talent of a guy like Russell Wilson and appreciate the fortune you enjoy having him on your team. I'm not the only football fan that holds Wilson in high regard. He is second only to Colin Kaepernick in football jersey sales nation wide. And that is without my help as I don't have a current jersey. Mine is a Matt Hasselbeck. :lol:

What with all the bad news we get shoveled in our faces daly by the media it is nice to have something or someone that is truly working to make my life more enjoyable.

Ponder had about as good a season as he could have with that abysmal WR corps and that mediocre o-line. I'm not high on Ponder. I think the Vikngs over-reached for him. But, he played decent.

Webb's not an embarrassment. He's just a terrible QB. I think the Vikings gave him a chance to improve b/c of those amazing wheels. He'll likely convert to WR or be a career back-up.

Wilson played great last year. But, it was only one year. Lots of QBs have a good year or two and then break down.

To circle back to my point, I"m not sure there's even a huge difference between Wilson and Ponder at this point.

Webb won't be a back up. He'll either make it as a receiver or they'll cut him. He was originally drafted as a receiver but Childress and Bevell liked what they saw in his first training camp and decided to keep him as a QB.

And he was an embarrassment in the playoff game. Ponder played really well in the last game of the year. He'll be fine.

Ponder had about as good a season as he could have with that abysmal WR corps and that mediocre o-line. I'm not high on Ponder. I think the Vikngs over-reached for him. But, he played decent.

Webb's not an embarrassment. He's just a terrible QB. I think the Vikings gave him a chance to improve b/c of those amazing wheels. He'll likely convert to WR or be a career back-up.

Wilson played great last year. But, it was only one year. Lots of QBs have a good year or two and then break down.

To circle back to my point, I"m not sure there's even a huge difference between Wilson and Ponder at this point.

I don't want to come off as a dick but I have to dissagree with your assessment of Wilson's rookie year compared to Ponders 2nd year. Wilson sucked hind tit in his first few games. We were 4-4 at mid point of the year. There was even talk about benching him in flavor of Flynn. He seemed too tenative and reluctant to do anything for fear of making a mistake. Then a light seemed to go on in his head and the last eight games of the reg season he was 7-1. The first 8 games Wilson threw 7 ints last 8 games 3 ints. Maybe there were several factors that precipitated the change. The O-line started working better. The receivers started catching the ball instead of dropping passes. AND Carroll gave Wilson more latitude to run out of the pocket and extend the plays sometimes when they would break down.

Comparing Wilson to Ponder is lame. Ponder seemed to get worse as the 2012 season progressed and Wilson got better..WAY better. It seems the more that was on the line Wilson stepped up and responded with a clearer head, better throws and better footwork to make more out of what was given to him by the defenses.

Ponder has been a QB in the league since 2011 with stats Career: 27 G, 31 TD, 77.1 Rate, 177.3 Y/G, Vikings 2011-2012 31 TDs in 27 games. Wilson had 26 throwing TDs and 4 rushing TDs in just 16 games. Ponder's QB rating was 76 and Wilson's 100. He was off the charts at a QB rating of something like 135 in his last 8 games.

I just don't see any comparison at all. Wilson tied Paeyton Mannings rookie record of 26 TD's in the first year. TIED the record! Actually broke it if ya count the 4 rushing TDs. Ponder wasn't threatening to break any records in his rookie season.

Maybe one could compare Wilson's first eight games with Ponders whole career as they had a similar QB rating during those two time spans.

Wilson was arguably and certainly statistically the best QB in the NFL in his last 8 games in 2012. Ponder not so much.

There is no reason to believe that Russell Wilson will take a step backwards in 2013. If he continues on as he played the last 8 reg season games of 2012 he will be the best QB in the NFL in 2013.

I could see your point if Wilson just had a couple of hot games in 2012. He had 8 in a row all at the end of the season as the games all became more and more importatnt leading into the playoffs where his four TDs in Atlanta would have been the best comeback in the history of the playoffs by any QB ever ...that is if the Seahawk defense hadn't given Atlanta 58 yards and the winning last 13 seconds FG. That loss was certainly not Russell Wilson's fault.

Am I enamured by our QB...damned skippy!

Go Hawks!

Forum List

Back