Why do you think one of the worlds largest banks/ credit cards is working hard to bribe small businesses to drop cash altogether. Because they make money off the fees they charge for using their card ( visa) .
Gasp! Oh the horrors. A business charges a fee in the free market to make money in exchange for a service that they provide? We absolutely cannot stand for this!
It is not a free market if people are forced to pay them a fee that they do not want to pay. It's extortion.

It is not a free market if people are forced to pay them a fee that they do not want to pay. It's extortion.
Seriously man...have you never used a credit card before? The consumer does not pay the fee. The vendor does. Good grief.

It's hilarious listening to self-professed "libertarians" support government control over cash and cheer their ability to print as much currency as they'd like. It took all of about a year for some of these uninformed hacks to go from the Bitcoin fad to "if we don't allow government the power to print currency, I will be too scared to function".

Information part 1. =)

OLYMPIA, Wash. – Public records show JP Morgan Chase is collecting more than $100,000 a month in ATM fees from welfare recipients in Washington. But the bank doesn't disclose the fee at the cash machine. This is happening at the same time the state has cut the monthly benefit for families on welfare and individuals in the Disability Lifeline program.

Her online account showed an 85-cent charge. McLeod is outraged that Chase can levy the fee without warning the cardholder at the time of the transaction.

Chase Bank Collecting Hundreds Of Thousands In ATM Fees From Welfare Clients
I'm sorry....are welfare recipients somehow entitled to be void of the fees and costs of business that the rest of society is subject to? :dunno:

Seriously man...have you never used a credit card before? The consumer does not pay the fee. The vendor does. Good grief.
And the vendor passes that cost on to the consumer.

I have never said that I do not use credit cards. I only use them when it is financially advantageous to me.

Information part 1. =)

OLYMPIA, Wash. – Public records show JP Morgan Chase is collecting more than $100,000 a month in ATM fees from welfare recipients in Washington. But the bank doesn't disclose the fee at the cash machine. This is happening at the same time the state has cut the monthly benefit for families on welfare and individuals in the Disability Lifeline program.

Her online account showed an 85-cent charge. McLeod is outraged that Chase can levy the fee without warning the cardholder at the time of the transaction.

I'm sorry....are welfare recipients somehow entitled to be void of the fees and costs of business that the rest of society is subject to? :dunno:

upload_2017-7-18_21-48-22.png

Countries like Korea and Sweden are looking at making the move towards a cashless society. But money experts fear that the complete disappearance of hard cash would not benefit ordinary people.

In a cashless society, the government might intercept any transaction in which someone tried to lend money to someone accused of a crime, Ms McArdle said.

How the death of cash could give the government more control

" NOTICE COMMUNIST COUNTRIES" let that SINK IN.

Satan propositioned a small time politician. Said "I'll make you a senator in exchange for your soul" .... Politician responded: "What's the catch" ?

Tell people "take the mark (so you can buy or sell) and you'll lose your soul. Lot of people think/respond: "So what" ?

Sad.

Removing physical currency from society will be one of the most impactful and positive events in the history of civilization:
  • It almost immediately eliminates criminal activity. Without cash, one has to explain transactions. A prostitute must explain why she had a transaction at 2:00 a.m. when she is not employed. Gambling, narcotics, etc. are all in deep trouble instantly.
  • It essentially eliminates robbery. Yes, there will be cybercrime of course. But a person hacking my bank account is a billion times safer than a person sticking a gun in my face to take my cash.
  • It instantly eliminates all tax evasion. With a digital record of every transaction, all of the criminals who currently don't pay taxes now show an income. That closes a huge gap for the government and eases the burden on the rest of us who do pay our taxes.
Visa unveils new incentive plan to push cashless transactions
Why do you want the government to know everything you do?

I've never had a credit card in my life.

And the few times I inquired out of curiosity I was told I couldn't get one because I didn't already have one. :cuckoo:

"Okay then -- fuck it" was my immediate reply.

Information part 1. =)

View attachment 139457

Countries like Korea and Sweden are looking at making the move towards a cashless society. But money experts fear that the complete disappearance of hard cash would not benefit ordinary people.

In a cashless society, the government might intercept any transaction in which someone tried to lend money to someone accused of a crime, Ms McArdle said.

How the death of cash could give the government more control

" NOTICE COMMUNIST COUNTRIES" let that SINK IN.

"Communist" doesn't even enter into it. Any community anywhere, i.e. any scenario in which two people mutually agree to exchage something of value, will find a way to do it, with or without any government at all. Some kind of "cash" will always exist even if it's cowrie shells by mutual agreement. All government-printed cash does is make that system more stable.

It also eliminates about 90% of my private (legal) transactions and puts a good number of small businesses out of business.
Why? You have 0 excuse in this day and age for not accepting digital transactions. All you need is a smart phone.
Sometimes cell phone service doesn't work.
Sometimes cash registers don't work. That's a fact.

This just in --- humans have the ability to count. At least some do.

Ever been to a flea market?

Why do you think one of the worlds largest banks/ credit cards is working hard to bribe small businesses to drop cash altogether. Because they make money off the fees they charge for using their card ( visa) .
Gasp! Oh the horrors. A business charges a fee in the free market to make money in exchange for a service that they provide? We absolutely cannot stand for this!

Not if they've also colluded with the government to eliminate any other option so that they have a monopoly on transactions, nope we sure can't.

And the vendor passes that cost on to the consumer.

I have never said that I do not use credit cards. I only use them when it is financially advantageous to me.
Which means you have that cost even when you don't use a credit card since other people are using them.

Removing physical currency from society will be one of the most impactful and positive events in the history of civilization:
  • It almost immediately eliminates criminal activity. Without cash, one has to explain transactions. A prostitute must explain why she had a transaction at 2:00 a.m. when she is not employed. Gambling, narcotics, etc. are all in deep trouble instantly.
  • It essentially eliminates robbery. Yes, there will be cybercrime of course. But a person hacking my bank account is a billion times safer than a person sticking a gun in my face to take my cash.
  • It instantly eliminates all tax evasion. With a digital record of every transaction, all of the criminals who currently don't pay taxes now show an income. That closes a huge gap for the government and eases the burden on the rest of us who do pay our taxes.

This is the same asscrack who believes the difference between "left" and "right" is the size of government, like a shoe size.

Obviously he's on the side of Bigly, wherever that puts him on his own spectrum. Which if he tries to explain it turns into a giant pretzel.

We should do things to help the economy and no cash would have to be a big drag on it, maybe even the straw that broke the camel's back.

The consumer DOES pay the fee...you just aren't bright enough to see it.

Hell, you EXPLICITLY pay a card fee to register a car here!

Because he is rat-shit stupid.

We should do things to help the economy and no cash would have to be a big drag on it, maybe even the straw that broke the camel's back.
Well that is a tremendous false narrative. One of the worst I have seen on USMB. Tools like PayPal have done wonders for poor nations. That's a fact. It's had a tremendous positive impact on any economy that has leveraged digital currency. But don't let these facts get in the way of your nifty false narrative.

Want to text money? Kenya's been doing it for years

Hell, you EXPLICITLY pay a card fee to register a car here!
Register what car where, dumb-shit?!? You're not making any sense. The vendor pays the transaction fees - not the consumer. If you had ever progressed beyond the McDonald's cash register in your career, you would realize that.

Forum List

Back