Cat 4 Hurricane Hilary Barrels Towards SoCal

Misleading as it will decrease to tropical storm intensity before hitting California
But, even a tropical storm is unprecedented for that area. This is not a warming issue. It’s a steering currents issue

Last edited:
Los Angeles was built in a desert. You don't build one of the world's biggest cities in a desert without a water management system.

But no water management system is designed to handle the levels of drought they've been faced with.

So you're saying LA's too much water here vs not enough there problems are not of their own making? Riiiight!

Hillary3.jpg

So you're saying LA's too much water here vs not enough there problems are not of their own making? Riiiight!

I'm saying California has a comprehensive water management system. It would have to to build one of the largest cities in the world in the middle of a desert.

I'm saying California has a comprehensive water management system. It would have to to build one of the largest cities in the world in the middle of a desert.

So who's bright idea was it to build a large city like LA in a dry desert that when it does eventually rains they get flooded out of their homes? And you can throw Phoenix in there too. Kinda short sided if you ask me.

So who's bright idea was it to build a large citiy in a dry desert? And you can throw Phoenix in there too. Kinda short sided if you ask me.

Presumably some Spanish priests.

Los Angeles was built in a desert. You don't build one of the world's biggest cities in a desert without a water management system.

But no water management system is designed to handle the levels of drought they've been faced with.
the northern part of LA County is high desert...the rest of it to the ocean,including LA the city is considered Mediterranean .....

So who's bright idea was it to build a large city like LA in a dry desert that when it does eventually rains they get flooded out of their homes? And you can throw Phoenix in there too. Kinda short sided if you ask me.
los angeles is in a Mediterranean type climate not a dry desert.....

God has finally had enough and is going to do something about California! To show he is really serious, he named it "Hil(l)ary", a well-known bitter shrew who has left dozens dead in her wake. Now, Yaweh is sicking said foul wench on the most degenerate, crime-ridden, shit-hole in the union: California. May God have mercy on their souls (because nobody else is going to!!).
Since when has God been naming tropical storms?

I expect rain and a little breezy. The greatest danger is the rain washes the crap into the drainage system that goes directly into the ocean and poisons the beaches for a couple of weeks.

I expect rain and a little breezy. The greatest danger is the rain washes the crap into the drainage system that goes directly into the ocean and poisons the beaches for a couple of weeks.
It will probably be like it gets here all we get is high humidity, heat, some clouds, and a breeze.

In other words, your vacation on the shore.

Forum List

Back