Catholic advocacy group running anti-Dodger ads

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

A Catholic advocacy group is running ads during every Los Angeles Dodgers game this week, calling out the team for its endorsement of anti-Christian bigotry.

In the lead-up to the team's Friday presentation of a "Community Hero Award" to the so-called Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence, CatholicVote is also deploying mobile billboards to expose the group's degeneracy and anti-Christian bigotry.

It's nice to see groups that are willing to stick their necks out like this and I hope they keep doing so.

But sadly when corporations, the white house, the news and social media is full of anti christian, anti American, pro faggotry garbage it's an uphill battle unless more religious organizations and people are willing to also speak up publicly.

We may win battles here and there but I'm afraid we won't win the war.

Those Catholics should spend more time cleaning up for their own abuses.

"Many ultraconservative Catholics tend to lash out at anything that smacks of criticism of the church (the president of the Catholic League, which has driven much of the outrage, is known for, among other things, downplaying the church’s sexual abuse crisis), but a huge portion of practicing Catholics understand that the church has done enough harm to warrant scrutiny. The Catholic Church may not hold the monolithic cultural power it once enjoyed in Europe, but some 20 percent of Americans identify as Catholic, making it the single largest religious denomination in the country. Given the relentless reports of sex abuse and cover-ups; given the church’s big-money involvement in state-level political campaigns; and given the power its leaders hold over its parishioners’ ideologies, the Sisters and their defenders believe that poking fun at the institution is different than poking fun at the faith."

"Many ultraconservative Catholics tend to lash out at anything that smacks of criticism of the church (the president of the Catholic League, which has driven much of the outrage, is known for, among other things, downplaying the church’s sexual abuse crisis), but a huge portion of practicing Catholics understand that the church has done enough harm to warrant scrutiny. The Catholic Church may not hold the monolithic cultural power it once enjoyed in Europe, but some 20 percent of Americans identify as Catholic, making it the single largest religious denomination in the country. Given the relentless reports of sex abuse and cover-ups; given the church’s big-money involvement in state-level political campaigns; and given the power its leaders hold over its parishioners’ ideologies, the Sisters and their defenders believe that poking fun at the institution is different than poking fun at the faith."
Satan even seems a little upset

WORLD — Facing increased backlash and negative public attention amid what is perceived by many to be an aggressive assault on traditional values, Satan has officially asked the LGBTQ+ community to tone down its efforts.

"Can you guys pump the breaks a little?" asked the Prince of Darkness in a prepared statement from his Midwestern headquarters in downtown St. Louis. "I'm all for degrading culture and leading human beings toward eternal destruction, but we're really catching a lot of flack here. Maybe take a more measured approach, because the whole ‘dancing in thongs in front of children and shaking trans boobs on the White House lawn' strategy isn't working out so well."

Though the Author of All Lies remains staunchly pro-LGBTQ, he expressed concern that the onslaught of progressive ideology will have an undesired effect on his long-term efforts. "Look, I get it," he said, "We all want to turn the world gay, but there are ways to go about it that don't turn all of society against us. Trust me, I've been slowly and deceptively poisoning mankind for thousands of years. Moderation is the key!"

LGBTQ activist groups were confused by the request from their master. "Oh come on!" said drag queen storyteller Sprinkle Glitterdung. "We're here to be LOUD and PROUD, baby! We're just trying to spread the Dark Lord's evil kingdom! We're destroying society and we're excited about it! Woooo!"

At publishing time, Satan had hired a Hollywood public relations firm to help rebuild his public image.

It's nice to see groups that are willing to stick their necks out like this and I hope they keep doing so.

But sadly when corporations, the white house, the news and social media is full of anti christian, anti American, pro faggotry garbage it's an uphill battle unless more religious organizations and people are willing to also speak up publicly.

We may win battles here and there but I'm afraid we won't win the war.

until a R is elected

America is far more American when Rs are in office... more law and order, more peace and quiet (until some chinese asshole lets loose a deliberately engineered virus...)

Satan even seems a little upset

WORLD — Facing increased backlash and negative public attention amid what is perceived by many to be an aggressive assault on traditional values, Satan has officially asked the LGBTQ+ community to tone down its efforts.

"Can you guys pump the breaks a little?" asked the Prince of Darkness in a prepared statement from his Midwestern headquarters in downtown St. Louis. "I'm all for degrading culture and leading human beings toward eternal destruction, but we're really catching a lot of flack here. Maybe take a more measured approach, because the whole ‘dancing in thongs in front of children and shaking trans boobs on the White House lawn' strategy isn't working out so well."

Though the Author of All Lies remains staunchly pro-LGBTQ, he expressed concern that the onslaught of progressive ideology will have an undesired effect on his long-term efforts. "Look, I get it," he said, "We all want to turn the world gay, but there are ways to go about it that don't turn all of society against us. Trust me, I've been slowly and deceptively poisoning mankind for thousands of years. Moderation is the key!"

LGBTQ activist groups were confused by the request from their master. "Oh come on!" said drag queen storyteller Sprinkle Glitterdung. "We're here to be LOUD and PROUD, baby! We're just trying to spread the Dark Lord's evil kingdom! We're destroying society and we're excited about it! Woooo!"

At publishing time, Satan had hired a Hollywood public relations firm to help rebuild his public image.
What's the matter, does the truth about Catholics condoning child rape disturb you?

You don't see the Sisters as being a bit over the top on the blasphemy scale?

And the Church has been handling the issue, your side just likes to have a whipping boy to distract from your own side's fuck ups.

You don't see the Sisters as being a bit over the top on the blasphemy scale?

And the Church has been handling the issue, your side just likes to have a whipping boy to distract from your own side's fuck ups.
You support pedos and rapists. Go figure.

Forum List

Back