CDC Chief Agrees There’s ‘Perverse’ Economic ‘Incentive’ for Hospitals to Inflate Coronavirus Deaths

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
Even the CDC admits the COVID numbers are inflated:
United States hospitals have a “perverse” monetary “incentive” to increase their count of coronavirus fatalities, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)’s director Robert Redfield indicated under questioning from a Republican lawmaker during a House panel hearing on Friday.
Asked to comment on what Rep. Blaine Luetkemeyer (R-MO) described as the “perverse incentive” during a hearing by the House Oversight and Reform Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis, Dr. Redfield responded:
I think you’re correct in that we’ve seen this in other disease processes too, really in the HIV epidemic, somebody may have a heart attack, but also have HIV — the hospital would prefer the [classification] for HIV because there’s greater reimbursement.
So I do think there’s some reality to that. When it comes to death reporting, though, ultimately, it’s how the physician defines it in the death certificate and … we review all of those death certificates.
So I think, probably it is less operable in the cause of death, although I won’t say there are not some cases. I do think though [that] when it comes to hospital reimbursement issues or individuals that get discharged, there could be some play in that for sure...

United States hospitals have a “perverse” monetary “incentive” to increase their count of coronavirus fatalities, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)’s director Robert Redfield indicated under questioning from a Republican lawmaker during a House panel hearing on Friday.
Asked to comment on what Rep. Blaine Luetkemeyer (R-MO) described as the “perverse incentive” during a hearing by the House Oversight and Reform Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis, Dr. Redfield responded:
I think you’re correct in that we’ve seen this in other disease processes too, really in the HIV epidemic, somebody may have a heart attack, but also have HIV — the hospital would prefer the [classification] for HIV because there’s greater reimbursement.
So I do think there’s some reality to that. When it comes to death reporting, though, ultimately, it’s how the physician defines it in the death certificate and … we review all of those death certificates.
So I think, probably it is less operable in the cause of death, although I won’t say there are not some cases. I do think though [that] when it comes to hospital reimbursement issues or individuals that get discharged, there could be some play in that for sure...

nono, not them we have to listen to them.

CDC is cooked....Nobody with a shred of sense is foolish to believe anything that they say, even if it happens to be true.

You're pissing up a rope. You can all the testimony and evidence in the world that this is an event used to exaggerate a crisis and shut down the most significant positive outcome of the Trump administration and the bed wetters will insist it's "The Angel of Death's Propaganda", or some other asinine shit. There is no good reason to have shut down the entire engine of the country, unless your objective was to destroy the economy. More people will die of shit that we've been dealing with for decades this year, but we shut down the world over a cold.

Leading Causes of Death
Data are for the U.S.

• Heart disease: 647,457
  • Cancer: 599,108
  • Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936
  • Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201
  • Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383
Where is the hysteria over the fact that every year people consistently die of the same shit, but now we have to remain under our beds until they find a vaccine for The Kung Fu Cold, even though there still is no vaccine for the common cold.

How many people die from common cold 2019?
Limitations
Age groupEstimateEstimate
Symptomatic IllnessesDeaths
50-64 yrs9,238,0385,676
65+ yrs3,073,22725,555
All ages35,520,88334,157

So there is no justification at all for the leftist media to have hyped up this stupid bug to the point where we have people running around wearing fuckin masks like antifa turds and thieves or shutting down the country as if some apocalypse reminiscent of a Steven King Novel was taking place. It's BULLSHIT and even many libturds know it, and those assholes know almost nothing.

CDC is cooked....Nobody with a shred of sense is foolish to believe anything that they say, even if it happens to be true.

That's true unfortunately, but even if you analyze their data, there is no reason for the reaction the world has had over this phony "crisis". The best we can do is study all available data, listen to the testimony of professionals on both sides of the issue and make a conclusion on our own.

Now it's just the same BS....Democrats lying about the numbers.....and then them calling us murderers because we don't believe them.

In Arizona the local news always states that when Covid deaths spike, it is usually from reviews of old death certificates where it is "discovered" somehow the patient died of CV-19. Huh? You have a patient that dies in your hospital, you generate a death certificate but you don't know at the time what he/she died of? WTF? Then a month later a reviewer "discovers" the cause of death is CV-19? :confused-84:

And meanwhile, the lockdowns in response to Covid 19 are causing a spike in suicides...

And the most recent article (from July 14th)...

We’ve already seen a steady rise in deaths by suicide over the past two decades and a new report by The Well Being Trust released last month found that 75,000 additional people could die from what they called “deaths of despair,” (which include suicide and substance use) because of Covid-19.

The Risk Factors For Covid-19 Suicides
The physical symptoms of the novel coronavirus have been well-reported for months, but it’s the handful of psychological and sociological factors that are just starting to ring alarm bells. The combination of physical distancing, economic stress, barriers to mental health treatment, pervasive national anxiety, and a spike in gun sales are creating what JAMA Psychiatry referred to as “a perfect storm” for suicide mortality.

“Suicide is likely to become a more pressing concern as the pandemic spreads and has longer-term effects on the general population, the economy, and vulnerable groups,” according to David Gunnell, professor of epidemiology at the University of Bristol and head of the Bristol Suicide and Self-harm Research Group, and his research team who recently published their findings in The Lancet Psychiatry.

And these projections are not without precedent. There’s evidence that deaths by suicide increased both after the 1918 flu pandemic and the 2003 SARS outbreak. We’re already seeing this with frontline workers. In the past few weeks, two stories stood out in the media: Dr. Lorna Breen, of New York-Presbyterian Allen Hospital, and New York City E.M.T John Mondello.

Still the relationship between HIV and the possibility of having a heart attack is being studied.
a study of thousands of people receiving care through the Veterans Association, which found that people living with HIV had a 50% increased risk for myocardial infarction (a heart attack, or an acute blockage in a heart vessel) than people who were HIV-negative

So it is easy for repubs to armchair quarter back about what is being reported and why if you only look at something to point a finger at without knowing why they do it.

CDC has been attacked by repubs as incompetent but when they agree with something that they like then the CDC is correct.

HIV increases the chance of having a heart attack and can be included as an underlying cause in death. It may not be the direct cause of death. Underlying causes in death and direct cause of death is misunderstood by the general public. You can pic and choose what is important. Yet there are going to mention underlying cause of death but also what is the immediate cause of death. These thing need to be known for prediction and opportunities to intervene in health issues at an early stage

Which is important in the whole picture of health care. Political infighting is not important

change to correct it before it leads to death. they are factors that have to be considered. This is just cherry picking a topic and attacking it as a major problem.

He says -
"So I do think there’s some reality to that. When it comes to death reporting, though, ultimately, it’s how the physician defines it in the death certificate and … we review all of those death certificates."

system may not be perfect but it is better to take precautions than to paint a rosy picture of what might be

It is his opinion and he places the decision on the the people who do the death certificate.
Quote -
So I think, probably it is less operable in the cause of death, although I won’t say there are not some cases. I do think though [that] when it comes to hospital reimbursement issues or individuals that get discharged, there could be some play in that for sure.

he is saying that the issue is likely more prevalent in reimbursement issues and being careful of what he says before the committee.

According to Congressman Luetkemeyer, Adm. Brett Giroir from the U.S. Health and Human Services (HHS) Department has conceded that there is an economic incentive for hospitals to inflate their coronavirus fatalities.

well the question is did he concede it or did he not.

“The Urgent Need For A National Plan To Contain The Coronavirus”

what does perceived economic incentive have to do with a national plan to contain the coronavirus. That is why you have History, if you do not learn from it then you are doomed to repeat it.

Forum List

Back