Celebrate The Good News Everyone!!!

Thanks! I service home builders and contractors. Today....the 18th.....I flew past my sales total for last June. I made money then........I am going to have a kick-ass June 2013 and a kick-ass summer!

Who is with me! Go America!!!!

Thanks! I service home builders and contractors. Today....the 18th.....I flew past my sales total for last June. I made money then........I am going to have a kick-ass June 2013 and a kick-ass summer!

I agree that it's great news for our struggling construction industry.

:clap2:

But the cynic in me must ask:
How many buyers are private owners as opposed to equity firms?
Because here in Florida that's who's buying up the foreclosures.

Irrelevant, I know, as it pertains to the construction industry. they go where the work is.
I would just rather have Fred and Ethel buying them up rather than Citi and Wells
:cool:

Service?
Sounds kinky! :eusa_angel:

I am seeing new homes being built in my area.

I'm concerned with current inventory , not including homes that have yet to be foreclosed on, because the new homes are less expensive than existing homes.
Another concern I have is the impact on existing schools. In my area there are un-built schools which have already been paid for.

Would you like to give the dude some credit? Totally up to you.

I have, but when will you hold him accountable for his failures. All we're seeing is a tiny bubble being build on incredible amounts of debt... 87 billion a month to get you good sales in June... fuck you.

Service?
Sounds kinky! :eusa_angel:

I am seeing new homes being built in my area.

I'm concerned with current inventory , not including homes that have yet to be foreclosed on, because the new homes are less expensive than existing homes.
Another concern I have is the impact on existing schools. In my area there are un-built schools which have already been paid for.

Kinky? Well some of my customers are hot.

There are concerns......but the momentum is in the right direction.

New Furniture Orders and Shipments dipped in March by 1%. Which leaves me to conclude that no one is actually living in these homes which are being purchased.

Good to know that speculators are still willing to do their part in propping up the economy.

Girl with duck-lips picture: Don't speculators usually rent out homes they buy? Either way people move into them.

And even if they didn't, when I see homes bought in my neighborhood a movers truck appears and people carry a bunch of existing furniture from their last place into the new place. I believe you are allowed to buy a home and not order all new furniture for it.

Girl with duck-lips picture: Don't speculators usually rent out homes they buy? Either way people move into them.

It could, but that isn't the case here. Many of these homes are unoccupied, with at least more than 11% homeowner units and more than 20% rental units. Although, New Construction is also slowing down being that many of the homes being purchased are by speculators.

And even if they didn't, when I see homes bought in my neighborhood a movers truck appears and people carry a bunch of existing furniture from their last place into the new place. I believe you are allowed to buy a home and not order all new furniture for it.

Many new homes are already available fully furnished or partially-furnished if you've ever been house hunting before. Also, if you are making a transition from a renter to an owner (from an apartment to a house resident), you may need to purchase some furniture.

Last edited:
It could, but that isn't the case here. Many of these homes are unoccupied, with at least more than 11% homeowner units and more than 20% rental units.
OP was referencing a blurb about housing starts in May. I'd guess none of them are occupied yet, they are probably still being framed.

Furniture sales in March certainly wouldn't impact a house started in May.

Many new homes are already available fully furnished or partially-furnished if you've ever been house hunting before. Also, if you are making a transition from a renter to an owner (from an apartment to a house resident), you may need to purchase some furniture.
I've been bought two homes in my life but looked at dozens each time, never viewed one available furnished. I'm aware these homes exist, but I'd guess they are by far the minority.

I'm just not convinced seeing a 1% dip in new furniture sales should lead one to conclude none of the homes being sold are actually occupied.

Forum List

Back