Charles C.W. Cooke and Gratitude...ilhan ohmar edition....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
This....

Immigration Debate: Miscasting an Argument About Gratitude | National Review

As for Ilhan Omar — a woman who was saved by America, accepted as a citizen, and then elected to Congress, but who remains disappointed by America on a scale that does not comport with the opportunities she has been afforded — well, I have broadly the same problem with her as I do with Beto O’Rourke. As I argued in my response to David, I think that immigrants of all stripes have a certain duty to look for the good in the places that taken them in or saved their lives.

And, across the board, I see Omar as doing precisely the opposite.

It is telling that, in the Washington Post profile of Omar, the very first anecdote on offer shows her telling a story about “American racism, cruelty and injustice” that is flatly untrue, and that, in fact, seems to have been cribbed from Les Miserables — a book about early nineteenth century France. Her rhetoric tends that way in general; on economics, on foreign policy, on Israel, on immigration, on our constitutional order. And she’s wrong.

This....

As for Ilhan Omar — a woman who was saved by America, accepted as a citizen, and then elected to Congress, but who remains disappointed by America on a scale that does not comport with the opportunities she has been afforded — well, I have broadly the same problem with her as I do with Beto O’Rourke. As I argued in my response to David, I think that immigrants of all stripes have a certain duty to look for the good in the places that taken them in or saved their lives.

It is telling that, in the Washington Post profile of Omar, the very first anecdote on offer shows her telling a story about “American racism, cruelty and injustice” that is flatly untrue, and that, in fact, seems to have been cribbed from Les Miserables — a book about early nineteenth century France. Her rhetoric tends that way in general; on economics, on foreign policy, on Israel, on immigration, on our constitutional order. And she’s wrong.
Thank you for a civilized response to this.
It doesn't matter whether I agree with that person or not, someone who can still communicate without blood dripping from their mouths is getting an A+ from me today.

th

Civil is as civil does.

*****SMILE*****

:)

I wonder if she was grateful before the university professors got a hold of her....how many of your own children came out of college angry at America?....if we don't clean house in our schools this will fester.....

This....

That guy Charles Cooke is a total moron. After Parkland, that numbskull said that there is NO difference between getting shot with an AR-15 and a 9mm pistol.

This....

That guy Charles Cooke is a total moron. After Parkland, that numbskull said that there is NO difference between getting shot with an AR-15 and a 9mm pistol.

Yeah...link and post the quote...dipshit......since morons like you usually have no knowledge of AR-15 rifles or rifles in general...allow us to be skeptical of your stupid comment....

This....

Yeah...link and post the quote...dipshit......since morons like you usually have no knowledge of AR-15 rifles or rifles in general...allow us to be skeptical of your stupid comment....
You don't have a fucking clue what I know. Asshole.

Last edited:
This....

You don't have a fucking clue what I know. Asshole.

Link to the quote,shithead......then we can discuss what he actually said versus the lie you are spreading......thanks for your post.

Forum List

Back