Charles Koch's great big lie.

Pete7469

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2013
The Real World
Charles Koch: We're not in politics to boost our bottom line
Charles Koch and his industrial empire are mounting an aggressive new defense of his company and his political advocacy, with the billionaire insisting his work to help elect Republicans is rooted in his decades-long quest to "increase well-being in society."

"We are doing all of this to make more money?" Koch said of charges that his drive to limit government's power will increase his bottom line. "I mean, that is so ludicrous."
Charles Koch We re not in politics to boost our bottom line

He isn't being disingenuous as my thread title would lead you to believe if you were a stupid liberal, but the fact is that if liberal policies are rolled back, government encroachment is reversed, and free markets are no longer interfered with by bureaucrooks and crony capitalists (fascists) the entire country will prosper, and so would the Kochs. The top priority is defeating the regressives. Not "compromising" with wrong, just defeating it and giving it no quarter.

What defense does he need other than he is an American citizen, and he has the right to petition his government for a redress of grievances....and the protection to express his political views....

of course......to a leftist...there is no such freedom.....

• Banned
What defense does he need other than he is an American citizen, and he has the right to petition his government for a redress of grievances....and the protection to express his political views....

There is such freedom to a leftist, but only if you're a leftist. If you're a leftist you not only have the right to petition our government for a redress of grievances, but the right to riot, trash and burn cities, shit on cop cars and make threats of terrorism.

Charles Koch and his industrial empire are mounting an aggressive new defense of his company and his political advocacy, with the billionaire insisting his work to help elect Republicans is rooted in his decades-long quest to "increase well-being in society."

"We are doing all of this to make more money?" Koch said of charges that his drive to limit government's power will increase his bottom line. "I mean, that is so ludicrous."

He isn't being disingenuous as my thread title would lead you to believe if you were a stupid liberal, but the fact is that if liberal policies are rolled back, government encroachment is reversed, and free markets are no longer interfered with by bureaucrooks and crony capitalists (fascists) the entire country will prosper, and so would the Kochs. The top priority is defeating the regressives. Not "compromising" with wrong, just defeating it and giving it no quarter.
If it's not about money, then could it be about power, egos, influence, some form of self-service, or maybe the attention? What motive, other than money drives them?

If it's not about money, then could it be about power, egos, influence, some form of self-service, or maybe the attention? What motive, other than money drives them?

Since when is making money and being your own boss evil?

• Banned

Somehow I doubt you will accept any answer that doesn't make the Kochs out to be malevolent.

I have never considered making money evil, never. And, I've been my own boss a couple of times, and it was fun, pleasant, and very rewarding. What's your point, may I ask? And, who said making money was evil, and that being one's own boss was evil?

Somehow I doubt you will accept any answer that doesn't make the Kochs out to be malevolent.
Well, give it a shot, you never know. Try me. I might believe anything that you tell me. And, why would you doubt it?

I have never considered making money evil, never. And, I've been my own boss a couple of times, and it was fun, pleasant, and very rewarding. What's your point, may I ask? And, who said making money was evil, and that being one's own boss was evil?

You are the one who suggested that it might be if it wasn't money that they were after.

You are the one who suggested that it might be if it wasn't money that they were after.
Nope. I didn't suggest anything. I merely asked questions.

Soooo, do you think the people with the most money in the world should be the ones who decide for all of us, what is best for us?

Why bother having a form of Democracy as our government? Why not just have the very wealthy decide for you on what is best for you? Even though they have never in their lives walked in your shoes, they have never seen your own situations, your own achievements, your own anything....

Yet you are insane enough to give up your right to your own mind, and livelihood and just hand it over to some kind of monied kingship to make YOUR DECISIONS for yourself on what truly affects you and your family?

Sorry, I don't believe a word the Koch's say, and you should not give up your own mind to them either. You are being brainwashed, and of course without even knowing it....

NO, NO KOCH BROTHERS are going to tell me what they are doing they are doing, ONLY for me and my own benefit, because they know best bull crap.

Nope. I didn't suggest anything. I merely asked questions.

Your question
What motive other than money drives them?
Answer Entrepreneurship for all Americans who wish to do so without government policies getting in the way.

There is , up to a certain point, your statement is agreeable. However, when the Governor of Wisconsin was fooled by someone pretending to be one of the Koch brothers, that is what makes it completely different.\
When the average citizen and get the ear of their Governor for that length of time, then we have equal representation.
Also on another thought, when Citizens United is overturned by the Supreme Court of the United States, then we this country will making the right move to give EVERY citizen the same rights to petition their government and their representative, at all levels.

There is such freedom to a leftist, but only if you're a leftist. If you're a leftist you not only have the right to petition our government for a redress of grievances, but the right to riot, trash and burn cities, shit on cop cars and make threats of terrorism.

How exactly do you define a leftist? Is it the same as a liberal? A Democrat? A progressive? The right wingers have such a wide range of ways to describe people who don't agree with them, but it's hard to know exactly how each term differs from the others, if they differ at all.

There is , up to a certain point, your statement is agreeable. However, when the Governor of Wisconsin was fooled by someone pretending to be one of the Koch brothers, that is what makes it completely different.\
When the average citizen and get the ear of their Governor for that length of time, then we have equal representation.
Also on another thought, when Citizens United is overturned by the Supreme Court of the United States, then we this country will making the right move to give EVERY citizen the same rights to petition their government and their representative, at all levels.

If Citizens United is overturned then it is silencing the rights of every citizen.

They have Soros

They have Soros

And bloomberg and steyer....and gates and buffet.........

And I don't care how much they contribute either....it is called freedom....so if you don't like a candidate getting a lot of money from these guys...don't vote for him.......

Forum List

Back