Charles Koch's great big lie.

There is , up to a certain point, your statement is agreeable. However, when the Governor of Wisconsin was fooled by someone pretending to be one of the Koch brothers, that is what makes it completely different.\
When the average citizen and get the ear of their Governor for that length of time, then we have equal representation.
Also on another thought, when Citizens United is overturned by the Supreme Court of the United States, then we this country will making the right move to give EVERY citizen the same rights to petition their government and their representative, at all levels.

If Citizens United is overturned then it is silencing the rights of every citizen.
No it isn't, what makes you say that??

What is the difference between Unions and Corporations?
None
If it is legal for Unions, it is legal for Corporations.
They are all citizens (unions and corporations) who are voicing their opinions and backing the people who they want to vote for, as quoted by boilermaker55 - to give EVERY citizen the same rights to petition their government and their representative, at all levels.

The difference between corporations and union is the way they get their money. Corporations sell goods or services for a profit. Unions require members to pay dues whether they want to or not.
You can refuse to buy the goods or services of a corporation if you dislike their politics but you can't refuse to pay union dues.

I can't speak for all unions, but the one which represented our line staff and first line supervisors allowed a member to make al donation to a non profit equal to the union dues, if they had a problem with paying dues to a union and still receive all the benefits which dues paying members received.

Corporations making donations deprive stock holders of the profit, which would have increased any dividend they might have received.

Corporations get the money from the people that work for them for donations.
It is listed in their expenditures because it's the law.

If Citizens United is overturned then it is silencing the rights of every citizen.

None
They are all citizens (unions and corporations) who are voicing their opinions and backing the people who they want to vote for, as quoted by boilermaker55 - to give EVERY citizen the same rights to petition their government and their representative, at all levels.

The difference between corporations and union is the way they get their money. Corporations sell goods or services for a profit. Unions require members to pay dues whether they want to or not.
You can refuse to buy the goods or services of a corporation if you dislike their politics but you can't refuse to pay union dues.

I can't speak for all unions, but the one which represented our line staff and first line supervisors allowed a member to make al donation to a non profit equal to the union dues, if they had a problem with paying dues to a union and still receive all the benefits which dues paying members received.

Corporations making donations deprive stock holders of the profit, which would have increased any dividend they might have received.

No coercion there? "No boss, I'm not giving you any money so we can't have a union and collectively bargain for better wages and benefits - like the ones you get".

None

No coercion there? "No boss, I'm not giving you any money so we can't have a union and collectively bargain for better wages and benefits - like the ones you get".

They are not forced it's all voluntary.
Unions on the other hand are.

Charles Koch: We're not in politics to boost our bottom line
Charles Koch and his industrial empire are mounting an aggressive new defense of his company and his political advocacy, with the billionaire insisting his work to help elect Republicans is rooted in his decades-long quest to "increase well-being in society."

"We are doing all of this to make more money?" Koch said of charges that his drive to limit government's power will increase his bottom line. "I mean, that is so ludicrous."
Charles Koch We re not in politics to boost our bottom line

He isn't being disingenuous as my thread title would lead you to believe if you were a stupid liberal, but the fact is that if liberal policies are rolled back, government encroachment is reversed, and free markets are no longer interfered with by bureaucrooks and crony capitalists (fascists) the entire country will prosper, and so would the Kochs. The top priority is defeating the regressives. Not "compromising" with wrong, just defeating it and giving it no quarter.
If it's not about money, then could it be about power, egos, influence, some form of self-service, or maybe the attention? What motive, other than money drives them?

Interesting....and all of those items listed lead to....yup, you got it....MONEY....

None

They are not forced it's all voluntary.
Unions on the other hand are.

"None are so blind, as those who will not see"

Yes Virginia, there are willfully ignorant people in the world.,

None

I don't suppose the Shop Steward calls you a scab or worse when you refuse to allow some of your dues to go to a political party you oppose. I was a Shop Steward with the IAM&AW at Lockheed for three years so don't try and BS me.

Don't forget Tom Steyer, over $74 million so far, and you have Fred Eychaner, Paul Singer, et al.
What defense does he need other than he is an American citizen, and he has the right to petition his government for a redress of grievances....and the protection to express his political views....

of course......to a leftist...there is no such freedom.....

They have Soros

You can refuse to have your money go to a candidate.

There is , up to a certain point, your statement is agreeable. However, when the Governor of Wisconsin was fooled by someone pretending to be one of the Koch brothers, that is what makes it completely different.\
When the average citizen and get the ear of their Governor for that length of time, then we have equal representation.
Also on another thought, when Citizens United is overturned by the Supreme Court of the United States, then we this country will making the right move to give EVERY citizen the same rights to petition their government and their representative, at all levels.

What defense does he need other than he is an American citizen, and he has the right to petition his government for a redress of grievances....and the protection to express his political views....

of course......to a leftist...there is no such freedom.....

None
If it is leagal for Unions, it is legal for Corporations.

None

I don't suppose the Shop Steward calls you a scab or worse when you refuse to allow some of your dues to go to a political party you oppose. I was a Shop Steward with the IAM&AW at Lockheed for three years so don't try and BS me.

I was unrepresented management, my battles were with the business agents.

After five years as an hourly employee I got my degree and wore a necktie as an unrepresented Engineer for the next 10 years at Lockheed.

Never was I called a scab.

None

After five years as an hourly employee I got my degree and wore a necktie as an unrepresented Engineer for the next 10 years at Lockheed.

Tied one on, huh? Me too, but I left the sport coats on the rack in my office and rarely wore them.

Tied one on, huh? Me too, but I left the sport coats on the rack in my office and rarely wore them.

Same here. The only time I put on the coat was when the Chief Engineer held a conference or when giving a presentation for customers.

Forum List

Back