Charles Krauthammer Explains Problem With Ground Zero Mosque Perfectly

Ravi see the little red building on the right sticking up behind the other 2 buildings? That is 14 stories. You can see the little rectangle of it from the overhead view in the 2nd picture, the same block where the mosque is proposed.

You will be able to see it at the 13 story height from ground zero.

If its hard to figure out which is which I'll try and use MS paint to put circles on it and upload the pictures tonight.
mmmkay...I think you are looking in the wrong place.

No look at the blue top of the left building, the destroyed building in the middle, and the black faced building (older pic has red over broken windows, newer is all black). That is the right spot.
See my pic above...apparently it will also be blocked by the Freedom Tower:
One World Trade Center, also known by its nickname and former name Freedom Tower,[5] is the main building of the new World Trade Center under construction, expected to be completed in 2013, in Lower Manhattan in New York City, USA. The tower will be located in the northwest corner of the 16-acre (65,000 m²) World Trade Center site bounded by Vesey, West, Washington and Fulton streets.[6]
Construction on below-ground utility relocations, footings, and foundations for the 1,776 feet (541.32 m)[7][8] building began on April 27, 2006.[9] On December 19, 2006, the first steel columns were installed in the building's foundation. On March 30, 2009, the Port Authority said that the building will be known as 'One World Trade Center,' replacing its former name 'Freedom Tower.'[5] When completed, One World Trade Center will be the tallest building in the United States.[10][11]

art-grpround-zeprro-memorial-plan.jpg
Plan for Ground Zero memorial from 2008, viewed looking east - Park 51 will be two blocks north (to the left), completely screened by dozens of tall buildings, including the 1,776-foot tall Freedom Tower, the base of which is depicted in the lower left.

So you will be able to see the tower from the mosque and the mosque from the tower.

I don't see how that changes the picture I showed you of the view where you can see, from ground zero, the 14 story building that stands on the proposed center/mosque lot. The mosque would be visible from the park in that picture of the plan you just showed just like the other building is now.

Examine those 3 pictures very carefully Ravi. On the bottom two Look for the blue rooftop and the area where the destroyed building is. On the top two you can see they are laid out in the same direction, compare those to get an idea of the mosques location then compare the bottom 2 and you can see that the top of the center will be visible.

There are only 2 buildings, one 10 stories high, between the lot for the mosque and ground zero.

And pictures of that Mosque overlooking the memorial pools and museum will be used as a TROPHY to proclaim Atta's victory over the Infidels.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is welcome to put up a bet otherwise. I'll bet $1,000 that it does happen if the mosque is built.

Plan for Ground Zero memorial from 2008, viewed looking east - Park 51 will be two blocks north (to the left), completely screened by dozens of tall buildings, including the 1,776-foot tall Freedom Tower, the base of which is depicted in the lower left.

So you will be able to see the tower from the mosque and the mosque from the tower.

I don't see how that changes the picture I showed you of the view where you can see, from ground zero, the 14 story building that stands on the proposed center/mosque lot. The mosque would be visible from the park in that picture of the plan you just showed just like the other building is now.

Examine those 3 pictures very carefully Ravi. On the bottom two Look for the blue rooftop and the area where the destroyed building is. On the top two you can see they are laid out in the same direction, compare those to get an idea of the mosques location then compare the bottom 2 and you can see that the top of the center will be visible.

There are only 2 buildings, one 10 stories high, between the lot for the mosque and ground zero.
The mosque will be visible from the tower...as will everything else in Manhattan. So fucking what? It won't be visible from the memorial.

As a matter of fact, the freedom tower will have its back to the mosque.

Again, the mosque won't be at Ground Zero...it will be two blocks away and invisible to those paying their respects.

And pictures of that Mosque overlooking the memorial pools and museum will be used as a TROPHY to proclaim Atta's victory over the Infidels.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is welcome to put up a bet otherwise. I'll bet $1,000 that it does happen if the mosque is built.
It won't overlook anything. And why do you care so much what terrorists think? Do you own stock in Depends?

I find it nauseating that pieces of shit like Ravi & splatter think it's A-ok to joke about the memorial, and to liken the people who slaughtered innocents on 9/11 to regular bar owners.

I guess we see who you're more concerned with.

The mosque will be visible from the tower...as will everything else in Manhattan. So fucking what? It won't be visible from the memorial.

Again, the mosque won't be at Ground Zero...it will be two blocks away and invisible to those paying their respects.

The 14 story building standing on the lot for the center/mosque is visible now from ground zero as the mosque will be. The entirety of ground zero is the memorial including the tower, pools, and gardens.

The facts, as proven by the photographs provided (including your own), contradict your claims.

I find it nauseating that pieces of shit like Ravi & splatter think it's A-ok to joke about the memorial, and to liken the people who slaughtered innocents on 9/11 to regular bar owners.

I guess we see who you're more concerned with.
:cuckoo: You fucking twit...the terrorists aren't building the mosque.

Have you been to Ground Zero or do you just use it as a tool to score stupid retarded points?

The 14 story building standing on the lot for the center/mosque is visible now from ground zero as the mosque will be. The entirety of ground zero is the memorial including the tower, pools, and gardens.

The facts, as proven by the photographs provided (including your own), contradict your claims.
No, I think you are incorrect. The only view of the mosque will be from the Freedom Tower...which is solely a money maker and a bit of a fuck you to the terrorists. The park itself will not have a view of the mosque.

I was just up there...and it sickened me to see people selling photographs of 911 around the construction zone for the memorial. I think one of them was AllieBabba.

It looks like ***** such as yourself will spend the rest of your pathetic parasitic lives celebrating 9/11 to ensure your celebration of Fear and Bigotry will not end.

Nice dishonest attack CurveLight.

If you actually can put a legitmate thought together and have something you wish to say that is counter to what I have said feel free. Or you can continue to show your mendacity as you just did with the above post. I prefer the latter as it shows you are intellectually bankrupt on this topic.

@ Ravi. See the 2 pictures I showed of ground zero (overhead and ground view). You can see the top of the 3rd building back from the ground zero location. When that is converted to a cultural center and mosque of the same height you will also be able to see the top of it in the same way. Even the picture you posted shows that the first building in front of the mosque is shorter than 13 stories.

If you actually can put a legitmate thought together and have something you wish to say that is counter to what I have said feel free. Or you can continue to show your mendacity as you just did with the above post. I prefer the latter as it shows you are intellectually bankrupt on this topic.

@ Ravi. See the 2 pictures I showed of ground zero (overhead and ground view). You can see the top of the 3rd building back from the ground zero location. When that is converted to a cultural center and mosque of the same height you will also be able to see the top of it in the same way. Even the picture you posted shows that the first building in front of the mosque is shorter than 13 stories.

so what. get the fuck over it.

or, while it gets built, just try not to be too ironic.

If you actually can put a legitimate thought together and have something you wish to say that is counter to what I have said feel free. Or you can continue to show your mendacity as you just did with the above post. I prefer the latter as it shows you are intellectually bankrupt on this topic.

so what. get the fuck over it.

or, while it gets built, just try not to be too ironic.

They have ever right to build it and I, under the same constitutional premise, have every right to express my dislike for the location. My friend Hadir, a Muslim from Turkey, agrees with me that its a poor location and sends the wrong message...he must be an anti-Muslim bigot eh?

This lady must be a Muslim fearing hater too
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmKYd74nulk]YouTube - O'Reilly Factor: Raheel Raza Speaks Out Against 9/11 Mosque[/ame]

I love the dishonest attacks of "your a bigot" or "you don't like the constitution" You guys really don't have any solid ground to stand on here do you? If you do please articulate it, if not please continue to look foolish and intellectually bankrupt.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back