Charles Krauthammer Explains Problem With Ground Zero Mosque Perfectly

I don't think it's bigotry that is driving this issue so much as emotion, the people who oppose are good people just like the ones who support it are;for the most part; it boils down to private property rights for me, I have no emotional capital invested here.

I don't think it's bigotry that is driving this issue so much as emotion, the people who oppose are good people just like the ones who support it are;for the most part; it boils down to private property rights for me, I have no emotional capital invested here.

the same was routinely said by those trying to rationalize the bigotry of southerners 40 years ago. With many here, it doesn't matter what is happeneing as long as it's a reason to scream about a muslim. If this were 1939 we'd already have seen sand ******* hanging from trees.

the same was routinely said by those trying to rationalize the bigotry of southerners 40 years ago. With many here, it doesn't matter what is happeneing as long as it's a reason to scream about a muslim. If this were 1939 we'd already have seen sand ******* hanging from trees.

I support them having the same Constitutional rights as all of us do, I support equality under the law, I am going to think people are telling me the truth until I see a pattern of lying and so far , most seem to oppose because of 9-11 and feel like it's showing disrespect or that it their Patriotic duty to oppose based on this, I disagree but I'm not going to belittle myself by slinging insults like "bigot" anymore than I'm going to sling "communist" when I see someone oppose/support something counter to what I do if they are liberal.

Why is it OK for catholic churches and strip clubs to be viewed from the 911 site but not a muslim prayer center?

You do realise muslims heros died there too right?

I support them having the same Constitutional rights as all of us do, I support equality under the law, I am going to think people are telling me the truth until I see a pattern of lying and so far , most seem to oppose because of 9-11 and feel like it's showing disrespect or that it their Patriotic duty to oppose based on this, I disagree but I'm not going to belittle myself by slinging insults like "bigot" anymore than I'm going to sling "communist" when I see someone oppose/support something counter to what I do if they are liberal.

crying about an accurately applied label isn't convincing. Don't want to be called a bigot? Stop cryingh about sand ******* every time you see one DARE to show their face in America. Calling a lefty a commie in AMERICA shows that you don't know how to use nomenclature accurately. Calling someone a bigot whose sole fucking concern is that MUSLIMS are building a building conveys an accuracy in labeling. Klansmen also didn't lie about what THEY thought showed disrespect either.

Why is it OK for catholic churches and strip clubs to be viewed from the 911 site but not a muslim prayer center?

well, you know, strippers may sin but MUSLIMS are the soldier of lucifer in the end times so... there you go.

crying about an accurately applied label isn't convincing. Don't want to be called a bigot? Stop cryingh about sand ******* every time you see one DARE to show their face in America. Calling a lefty a commie in AMERICA shows that you don't know how to use nomenclature accurately. Calling someone a bigot whose sole fucking concern is that MUSLIMS are building a building conveys an accuracy in labeling. Klansmen also didn't lie about what THEY thought showed disrespect either.

I guess it depends on what soapbox one is standing on, I prefer to at least strive not to broad brush, think what you will, I don't think most are bigots anymore than I think most liberals are communists , most conservatives are war mongers or whatever, I look at things from a Constitutional(how I define it:lol:) and free market perspective which normally has the potential to piss off both sides :lol:

I guess it depends on what soapbox one is standing on, I prefer to at least strive not to broad brush, think what you will, I don't think most are bigots anymore than I think most liberals are communists , most conservatives are war mongers or whatever, I look at things from a Constitutional(how I define it:lol:) and free market perspective which normally has the potential to piss off both sides :lol:

....but the assumption that MUSLIMS *gasp* shouldn't find american validity through a mosque because they are all supportive of terrorists isn't a broad brush strike... hmm.. ok.

:rolleyes:

....but the assumption that MUSLIMS *gasp* shouldn't find american validity through a mosque because they are all supportive of terrorists isn't a broad brush strike... hmm.. ok.

:rolleyes:

Sure it is, both sides seem to be guilty of broad brushing, why I'm not a part of the herd mentality any longer, both the Dems and the GOP, both the liberal and the conservative ideology has gotten so far removed from the Constitution (again, how I define it) and independent thinking that I find both sides inconsistent, hypocritical and overall boring and frustrating as hell at times; which is a broad brush in and by itself I suppose:eusa_angel:

Last edited:
I find it nauseating that pieces of shit like Ravi & splatter think it's A-ok to joke about the memorial, and to liken the people who slaughtered innocents on 9/11 to regular bar owners.

I guess we see who you're more concerned with.
:cuckoo: You fucking twit...the terrorists aren't building the mosque.

Have you been to Ground Zero or do you just use it as a tool to score stupid retarded points?

She wants a world war against one fifth of the planets inhabitants.

She wants armegedon because her religion tells her we have to distroy the world.

People are putting new strip clubs there? Really?

Will it be a smoking club? Will they open the anniversary of the MLK "I have a Dream" Speech?

Will they fly a Confederate Flag?

Will they say a prayer before they open?

well, you know, strippers may sin but MUSLIMS are the soldier of lucifer in the end times so... there you go.

That's funny! No...seriously... funny stuff! Lucifer...satans soldeirs RICH!!!

O.....OH... Here comes da debble!!!:lol::lol::lol:

I agree, that's why I also agree with those who talk of buying property right next door and putting up whatever they want, even if it is in the face of their Muslim neighbors.

It's about property rights.

People are putting new strip clubs there? Really?

Will it be a smoking club? Will they open the anniversary of the MLK "I have a Dream" Speech?

Will they fly a Confederate Flag?

Will they say a prayer before they open?

Yes to all those things being legal.

What is wrong with stripper clubs?? Her body...her choice.

did anyone argue there is something wrong with strip clubs?

or did you think the little dig passed for humor?

Well golly gee, I sure would be all broken up inside if you didn't appreciate my comments.:lol:

I'm not the one here trying to make a comparison...but I think you know that, miss smarty pants.:D

I agree, that's why I also agree with those who talk of buying property right next door and putting up whatever they want, even if it is in the face of their Muslim neighbors.

it's not about rights, it's about what's right.

take the example of the noisy neighbor.

say you have a neighbor whom you get a long with. on certain fridays he has his band over and they practice in his garage. your neighbor's house is one of 3 places they go to practice. local noise ordinances allow him to play his music until 10, an ordinance they always abide by. you find the music a tad bit annoying, but have gotten used to it, and after all, he's a good guy.
this friday is his scheduled band night. this concerns you because your two children have come down with the flu, and you are supposed to be catching a flight early in the morning. on top of that, your wife is taking the bar exam at 8am, and needless to say, would like to get a good nights sleep.
you go over to your neighbors house and ask him if there's any way the band could practice at one of their locations friday night. he looks you in the eye and says "no, the law says i can play until ten, i'm gonna play until ten."

does he have the legal right to say that. absolutely.
if he wants to get invited to your super bowl party, is that the best stance for him to take?

it's not about rights, it's about what's right.

take the example of the noisy neighbor.

say you have a neighbor whom you get a long with. on certain fridays he has his band over and they practice in his garage. your neighbor's house is one of 3 places they go to practice. local noise ordinances allow him to play his music until 10, an ordinance they always abide by. you find the music a tad bit annoying, but have gotten used to it, and after all, he's a good guy.
this friday is his scheduled band night. this concerns you because your two children have come down with the flu, and you are supposed to be catching a flight early in the morning. on top of that, your wife is taking the bar exam at 8am, and needless to say, would like to get a good nights sleep.
you go over to your neighbors house and ask him if there's any way the band could practice at one of their locations friday night. he looks you in the eye and says "no, the law says i can play until ten, i'm gonna play until ten."

does he have the legal right to say that. absolutely.
if he wants to get invited to your super bowl party, is that the best stance for him to take?

I see what you're saying up to the last line. Were you planning on inviting Muslims to your Superbowl party up to the point where they insisted on building their community center on THEIR property?

Forum List

Back