Charlton Heston led the March on Washington from Hollywood

Like I said, Charlestone Hestone was led by the leaders of the Civil Rights Movement.

Only a person dead-set on re-writing history would say otherwise.

I'm not sure what your beef with Heston is that you can't be respectful of a man that felt MLK and showed that knew MLK was working for a worthy and honorable cause.

Is your bigotry so deep, that you hate the man, even though he supported MLK and civil rights?

I give credit where credit is due.

Heston did a good thing, but lead the blacks...that he didn't do.

He was ASKED to take that integral role that would allow other whites to feel comfortable enough to join.

Don't go construing it as if he made up the thing and led blacks to their civil rights...that's just nonsense.

Blacks had no power then to ask anyone to do anything. Let's put it on the line Mark. If blacks had the power to command anything you would never have needed a civil rights revolution. Get a grip.

I have never said he led the blacks Marc. NEVER EVER. I said he led this march. I am very specific with words.

Can you go back once in this thread where I have said it? You can't.

Now for a wonderous moment.

We watched King's speech I think it was CBC and omg it was unreal. I am so angry that some one took this man's life.

All sitting around a television set in Burlington, Ontario Canada listening to this man hit it out of the ballpark.

I don't know what MLK had, but he had it. It was unreal. I watched his speech live. In real time.

Sorry I'm white and marched. Sorry my parents were white and marched. My Baba was white and marched.

Apparently it offends those on the left now that white people actually marched with blacks to turn the world around.

What next?

We were racist to march with you?I guess so. That's how stupid life is now. Bad white people for marching with blacks for civil rights.

You racists are really fucked up.

Like I said, Charlestone Hestone was led by the leaders of the Civil Rights Movement.

Only a person dead-set on re-writing history would say otherwise.

I'm not sure what your beef with Heston is that you can't be respectful of a man that felt MLK and showed that knew MLK was working for a worthy and honorable cause.

Is your bigotry so deep, that you hate the man, even though he supported MLK and civil rights?
What makes you think I have beef with Mr. Heston?

Sure sounds like that is what you are implying...especially when you say that black leaders back then didn't have the juice to organize such a thing.

If they had the juice why did they need a civil rights movement Bod?

:lol:

Come on you are shooting yourself in the foot here.

It took all of us to make it happen.

But hey. Keep going on the only blacks made civil rights happen and look like an asshole. It was a cumulative effort and go fuck yourself to say it wasn't.

But that's what you want now Bod..............give 'er.

Blacks got civil rights all by themselves according to you and markey.
yeah yeah thats the ticket

Post where I, or othere USMB liberals stated that blacks did "it all by themselves."

Did I go denying Heston's role? No...I didn't.

But, you, being the far RW radical that you are, are suggesting that very thing.

You truly are lost...aren't you?

*SMH*

Marc I'm the one that was the original BP fan. I went to rallies to hear Angela Davis speak.

You sure you got me pegged ? Because I don't think you do. I can tell you more about Karenga than half your teachers and how Karenga helped wipe out the Black Panthers. I can tell you about slavery and the triad of hell. I can tell you about the Irish slaves and the Islanders. I can tell you how Detroit got flushed.

I'm a right wing radical?

Okey dokey. I guess so to a black racist.

I love this. I just love this to death. I wonder how many..........yes I'm going to say it.........

kids these days know real history? That Heston led a March on Washington.

So while the USMB progressives are slagging crackers and whitey today like they are jammed up:eusa_angel:, I just had to post this.

Truth. For you race baiters this will be a hard pill to swallow.

Oh and may I recommend you get your Immodium AD extra strength out?

The day Hollywood joined the March on Washington, led by Charlton 'cold dead hands' Heston

Good article here on this. AND I just love this quote from the article...

When they came to hand out leadership roles, they instinctively deferred to their onscreen personalities. Charlton Heston was elected chair of the group.

Chuck later remarked that it was probably because he'd played Moses – "because I’d gotten all those folks through the Red Sea."

Yes, he did. ANd it was very commendable of him.

It was just sad in the last act of his life, he became the spokesman for the gun industry to sell weapons to crazy people.

Let me tell you something, as an early teen, I lived in a California suburb with my oh so Republican parents. I didn't know any blacks except on TV. And my parents were from Virginia and South Carolina. I never knew they were racist because black people never came up in a conversation. Then, when fire hoses were turned on old black women and children on TV, they were shocked and outraged that the government could do that to old ladies and children. So I just assumed they weren't racist. But they were outraged old women and children were being molested. Not because they are black.

It wasn't until my junior year when a black family moved into the neighborhood that I found out their true feelings.
Thanks for sharing that personal story.

How common you think that is?

Most importantly...have your folks grown from that?

Marc it's a bullshit story. You tell me how anyone could have lived in an all white California suburb from the 50's on.

No way man. Not one black?

1970 College Park High School Yearbook Pleasant Hill, CA | Classmates

Here is the 1970 College Park Year Book. I don't remember there being any blacks and I didn't see any here. Help yourself. If you can spot one, let me know.

I love this. I just love this to death. I wonder how many..........yes I'm going to say it.........

kids these days know real history? That Heston led a March on Washington.

So while the USMB progressives are slagging crackers and whitey today like they are jammed up:eusa_angel:, I just had to post this.

Truth. For you race baiters this will be a hard pill to swallow.

Oh and may I recommend you get your Immodium AD extra strength out?

The day Hollywood joined the March on Washington, led by Charlton 'cold dead hands' Heston

civil_rights.jpg

Good article here on this. AND I just love this quote from the article...

When they came to hand out leadership roles, they instinctively deferred to their onscreen personalities. Charlton Heston was elected chair of the group.

Chuck later remarked that it was probably because he'd played Moses – "because I’d gotten all those folks through the Red Sea."

How many kids today have even heard of Charlton Heston?

Heston was a liberal Democrat and huge JFK supporter at the time, why would anyone be surprised?

I never have heard of anyone having a problem with Mr. Heston when it came to Racial Politics. People can have Conservative views on some subjects and Liberal views on others. What's the point you are trying to make?
That's what I'd like to know.

And who were the Hollywooders that Charles Heston led?

Any links?

You don't know those men in the picture do you?

You really don't know?

Holy toledo Marc that's Belafonte and Poitier. Two of the biggest black stars at the time.

You really don't know your own history.

WOW.

C'mon, Tiny, you expect the libtard crowd to know history and some of the best actors of the 60s?

the talking points from the progressive brainwashing machine for today was minimum wage", not Sidney Poitier :D

get real. they don't think, they just parrot :D

That's what I'd like to know.

And who were the Hollywooders that Charles Heston led?

Any links?

You really don't know?

Holy toledo Marc that's Belafonte and Poitier. Two of the biggest black stars at the time.

WOW.

C'mon, Tiny, you expect the libtard crowd to know history and some of the best actors of the 60s?

the talking points from the progressive brainwashing machine for today was minimum wage", not Sidney Poitier :D

I took you seriously until you said Heston was one of the best actors of the 60s

You really don't know?

WOW.

I took you seriously until you said Heston was one of the best actors of the 60s

you forgot how to read? :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back