Charlton Heston led the March on Washington from Hollywood

I really really doubt if these people would have marched with MLK.

None of them.

20120830_mitt-romney3_33.jpg

I don't get color Zona. I may be out in Manitoba now but my grand baby is biracial and wonderous.

I don't get what you American blacks do.

Honest you can go down Eglinton or St Clair and party down and not one person thinks color.

We party down.

You American blacks are racists as hell. I don't understand it. Maybe it's your parents, or your preachers...................but man oh man you guys are racist as hell.

Some people look back at 63 as the good ol days. Me, not so much.

It was beyond horrid Zona. 63 was soooooooooo bad.

I remember my dad (he was a trucker) and we pulled into a gas station down number one we didn't think twice. Georgia.

We were Canadians. They had no animosity. I was boogalooging down in the back seat.......none of us hated each other.

American politics have done this.

Your race baiters have done this.

Last edited:
I never have heard of anyone having a problem with Mr. Heston when it came to Racial Politics. People can have Conservative views on some subjects and Liberal views on others. What's the point you are trying to make?
That's what I'd like to know.

And who were the Hollywooders that Charles Heston led?

Any links?

They are full of shit. I watched an interview with Harry (raspy voice) Belafante and he talked about how he organized Hollywood. So then I went to the Internet to find out details and sure enough, from FOX yet, there is this:

9 things you didn?t know about ?Dream? speech | MyFOX8.com

Popular actor and singer Harry Belafonte used his star power to help bring other celebrities to the March on Washington. Besides reaching out to the stars themselves, Belafonte went to many of the studio heads in Hollywood to get prominent actors and actresses temporarily released from their duties so they could participate.
He was successful. The Hollywood list of attendees that day read like a who’s who of A-listers: Marlon Brando, Sidney Poitier, Lena Horne, Sammy Davis Jr., Charlton Heston and Burt Lancaster, who also gave a speech.

--------------------------------------------------------------

These fucking right wingers. They are such dirty slime. 1 in 5 think Bin Laden was taken out by Mitt Romney. Republicans living in New Orleans believe people suffered after Katrina because Obama was 'slow'. Warrior is asking for "hard proof" that Lincoln and Martin Luther King Jr. weren't Confederates. The list of their lies and attempts to take credit for cleaning up the messes they created are endless.

None of them.

I don't get color Zona. I may be out in Manitoba now but my grand baby is biracial and wonderous.

Honest you can go down Eglinton or St Clair and party down and not one person thinks color.

We party down.

You American blacks are racists as hell. I don't understand it. Maybe it's your parents, or your preachers...................but man oh man you guys are racist as hell.

Oh, I get it. It's the blacks in American who are at fault. Funny how much more racism you see in the deep south. Why is that?

I never have heard of anyone having a problem with Mr. Heston when it came to Racial Politics. People can have Conservative views on some subjects and Liberal views on others. What's the point you are trying to make?
That's what I'd like to know.

And who were the Hollywooders that Charles Heston led?

Any links?

They are full of shit. I watched an interview with Harry (raspy voice) Belafante and he talked about how he organized Hollywood. So then I went to the Internet to find out details and sure enough, from FOX yet, there is this:

9 things you didn?t know about ?Dream? speech | MyFOX8.com

Popular actor and singer Harry Belafonte used his star power to help bring other celebrities to the March on Washington. Besides reaching out to the stars themselves, Belafonte went to many of the studio heads in Hollywood to get prominent actors and actresses temporarily released from their duties so they could participate.
He was successful. The Hollywood list of attendees that day read like a who’s who of A-listers: Marlon Brando, Sidney Poitier, Lena Horne, Sammy Davis Jr., Charlton Heston and Burt Lancaster, who also gave a speech.

--------------------------------------------------------------

These fucking right wingers. They are such dirty slime. 1 in 5 think Bin Laden was taken out by Mitt Romney. Republicans living in New Orleans believe people suffered after Katrina because Obama was 'slow'. Warrior is asking for "hard proof" that Lincoln and Martin Luther King Jr. weren't Confederates. The list of their lies and attempts to take credit for cleaning up the messes they created are endless.
You see, I knew that from the beginning. That's why I quickly proceeded to ask TinyDancer a series of question...I wanted her to post her WRONG information for the world to see her ignorance.

She said Charleston Heston LED Hollywooders, then proceeded to describe them as Sidney Portier and Harry Bellofonte.

She can't back away from it now, it's in a series of posts in this thread.

She's a world class BSer of the highest order. AKA a liar.

I remember my dad (he was a trucker) and we pulled into a gas station down number one we didn't think twice. Georgia.

We were Canadians. They had no animosity. I was boogalooging down in the back seat.......none of us hated each other.

What's a "race baiter?" And who are they?

How did they do this?

None of them.

We party down.

Oh, I get it. It's the blacks in American who are at fault. Funny how much more racism you see in the deep south. Why is that?
It takes a special sort of person to see and know that blacks were getting the snot beat out of them for simply being black and being present, and turn around and say that it's their fault and/or the fault of "their race baiters."

As a matter of fact, I think there's a term or two for people like that.

We party down.

It takes a special sort of person to see and know that blacks were getting the snot beat out of them for simply being black and being present, and turn around and say that it's their fault and/or the fault of "their race baiters."

Let me tell you something, as an early teen, I lived in a California suburb with my oh so Republican parents. I didn't know any blacks except on TV. And my parents were from Virginia and South Carolina. I never knew they were racist because black people never came up in a conversation. Then, when fire hoses were turned on old black women and children on TV, they were shocked and outraged that the government could do that to old ladies and children. So I just assumed they weren't racist. But they were outraged old women and children were being molested. Not because they are black.

It wasn't until my junior year when a black family moved into the neighborhood that I found out their true feelings.

None of them.

We party down.

I am bi racial as well, but how is it racist pointing out that this whole crowd is white? Its a fact. No? You calling an entire race of people racist, sort of makes you racist...no? :)

Wow. Ok, by race baiters you mean white or black ones? Serious question since you didn't specify.

Let me tell you something, as an early teen, I lived in a California suburb with my oh so Republican parents. I didn't know any blacks except on TV. And my parents were from Virginia and South Carolina. I never knew they were racist because black people never came up in a conversation. Then, when fire hoses were turned on old black women and children on TV, they were shocked and outraged that the government could do that to old ladies and children. So I just assumed they weren't racist. But they were outraged old women and children were being molested. Not because they are black.

It wasn't until my junior year when a black family moved into the neighborhood that I found out their true feelings.
Thanks for sharing that personal story.

How common you think that is?

Most importantly...have your folks grown from that?

Heston was voted to lead them.

If you don't like the terms. Go fuck yourself.

If you don't like history. Go fuck yourself.

Heston was voted to lead them. This was a big march on Washington.

You lying piece of shit. :lol:

You have old black women being hosed and women and children being molested. OMG

Back it up rdean. Surely this was reported somewhere.

Link link link..................

You really a dumb little broad aren't you?

Post a link that supports your bogus claimed.

LOLing @ "Heston was voted to lead them."

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

smiley_ROFL.gif
smiley_ROFL.gif
smiley_ROFL.gif
smiley_ROFL.gif
smiley_ROFL.gif
smiley_ROFL.gif
smiley_ROFL.gif
smiley_ROFL.gif

That was RICH!!

*wipes tears from my good eye*

Thanks for sharing that personal story.

How common you think that is?

Most importantly...have your folks grown from that?

Marc it's a bullshit story. You tell me how anyone could have lived in an all white California suburb from the 50's on.

No way man. Not one black?

smiley_ROFL.gif
smiley_ROFL.gif
smiley_ROFL.gif
smiley_ROFL.gif
smiley_ROFL.gif
smiley_ROFL.gif
smiley_ROFL.gif
smiley_ROFL.gif

That was RICH!!

I gave the Telegraph. It's history man. If you want to be an asshole by all means be an asshole.

Racist racist people............

look in the mirror..........

what color are you? you are the racists.

smiley_ROFL.gif
smiley_ROFL.gif
smiley_ROFL.gif
smiley_ROFL.gif
smiley_ROFL.gif
smiley_ROFL.gif
smiley_ROFL.gif
smiley_ROFL.gif

That was RICH!!

I gave the Telegraph. It's history man. If you want to be an asshole by all means be an asshole.
You won't be able to provide a single historical link to Charleston Heston LEADING them, because he didn't.

The leaders reached out to him and ASKED him to take an integral role in the march. Nothing more, nothing less.

But go on ahead and rewrite history as you and your ilk are prone to do with this "Charlestone Hestone LED" BS.

lol
:lol:

Here you go you black racists. You really can't take the fact that a white man led a delegation to Washington can you?

YOU are the racists. You are black racists with so much hate in your heart you cannot accept truth or history.

The day Hollywood joined the March on Washington, led by Charlton 'cold dead hands' Heston

chuck.jpg

From the article and from history:

It all started in May 1963, when Martin Luther King paid a visit to the home of the actor Burt Lancaster and gave a speech to a crowd of celebrities about the Civil Rights struggle in the South.

They were so shocked by the stories of cops beating protestors that they gave him $75,000 on the spot. Energised by an issue of undoubted morality (and, importantly, non-partisan – so Republicans could support it as well as Democrats), the stars met again a few days later at Marlon Brando's villa and formed an action committee.

Members included Tony Curtis, Mel Ferrer, Tony Franciosa, Billy Wilder, Burt Lancaster, Shirley MacLaine, Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, Steve McQueen, Paul Newman, Joanne Woodward, Sidney Poitier, and Harry Belafonte.

What's fascinating for the historian is that they took detailed notes on their objectives and strategy, which gives us a unique insight into the mindset of Hollywood activists. With a mix of idealism and arrogance, they reasoned that if their celebrity could be used to sell a brand of cigarettes then why not racial justice?

Said one: "We know that motion picture personalities are to a great degree the style, fashion, and mores pacesetters of the impressionable masses of the country. As someone in Torrence said: ‘If integration is good enough for Marlon Brando, it’s good enough for me."

When they came to hand out leadership roles, they instinctively deferred to their onscreen personalities. Charlton Heston was elected chair of the group. Chuck later remarked that it was probably because he'd played Moses – "because I’d gotten all those folks through the Red Sea."

The day Hollywood joined the March on Washington, led by Charlton 'cold dead hands' Heston ? Telegraph Blogs

Did Charlestone Hestone pick up himself and decide to lead this motley crew?

Or was he asked by the leaders of the Civil Rights Movement to take that role in the march?

Answer that tinydancer.

Forum List

Back