Charlton Heston led the March on Washington from Hollywood

You are going to try to tell me that Heston isn't considered a racist? Seriously?

Reactions to Charlton Heston's Speech to the Free Congress Foundation

Julian Bond, Board Chairman, NAACP

Charlton Heston's civil rights credentials are seriously sullied by his bigoted and homophobic remarks and his attacks on racial minorities. The endorsement by white supremacist David Duke further threatens to erode the considerable respect many Americans felt toward Heston for his years-ago commitment to human rights.

That Charlton Heston seems to have been consumed by another�an angry man contemptuous of America's diversity and scornful of the tolerance which has made our nation great.

The NAACP condemns such expressions of hatred and calls on Mr. Heston to repudiate the support of extremists and those who call for "war" against peaceful citizens.

The NRA and Charlton Heston

I got two words for you. Because I've lived this time. You can't jake me. You can't lie to me. You cannot rewrite history for me.

1324-tripleh48.jpg

Where's the quote where the NAACP said he was "racists"?

Hello?

You have to be kidding me. Now you want me to pull out a quote that actually says.................

Heston is a racist? That garbage by Julian Bond isn't good enough for you?

:lol:

Julian Bond called Charlton Heston a racist?

LINK to the Julian Bond "garbage", please.

The Race Baiting Hatred in this thread is telling.

Heston honored the true message of MLK...not the racial grievance industry one that is used by those who abuse his legacy.

Wait, wait, wait...

Are you RWers trying to assert that Charles Heston LED Harry Belofonte and Sidnier Potier during the MLK speech?

Is that what you're peddling?

Didn't you read your history Marc? Read my posts again.

Heston led the march for jobs.

You don't get it do you? It is history. You cannot change it. You cannot deny it. I am so sorry if you hate white people for actually marching with blacks to try to change the world.

How can you be so bigoted that you can't give any of us credit for trying to change the world.?

I never have heard of anyone having a problem with Mr. Heston when it came to Racial Politics. People can have Conservative views on some subjects and Liberal views on others. What's the point you are trying to make?
That's what I'd like to know.

And who were the Hollywooders that Charles Heston led?

Any links?

I can see TD is an old hag compared to a young man like you, she gave herself away. One on the far left is Sidney Poitier, not sure who the other one is. It would take an old dried out hag to explain that one.:lol:

I never have heard of anyone having a problem with Mr. Heston when it came to Racial Politics. People can have Conservative views on some subjects and Liberal views on others. What's the point you are trying to make?

You are going to try to tell me that Heston isn't considered a racist? Seriously?

Reactions to Charlton Heston's Speech to the Free Congress Foundation

Julian Bond, Board Chairman, NAACP

Charlton Heston's civil rights credentials are seriously sullied by his bigoted and homophobic remarks and his attacks on racial minorities. The endorsement by white supremacist David Duke further threatens to erode the considerable respect many Americans felt toward Heston for his years-ago commitment to human rights.

That Charlton Heston seems to have been consumed by another�an angry man contemptuous of America's diversity and scornful of the tolerance which has made our nation great.

The NAACP condemns such expressions of hatred and calls on Mr. Heston to repudiate the support of extremists and those who call for "war" against peaceful citizens.

The NRA and Charlton Heston

I got two words for you. Because I've lived this time. You can't jake me. You can't lie to me. You cannot rewrite history for me.

1324-tripleh48.jpg
wow the NAACP found something racist...In other news tiny started a fucking stupid topic again trying to be relevant by bring up something from 40 years ago.

You're trying to bitch slap me for bringing up something from 50 years ago?

Now I am a fool for bringing up history?

:lmao:

OK good to go Plas.

That's what I'd like to know.

And who were the Hollywooders that Charles Heston led?

Any links?

I can see TD is an old hag compared to a young man like you, she gave herself away. One on the far left is Sidney Poitier, not sure who the other one is. It would take an old dried out hag to explain that one.:lol:

That's Belafonte bitch. You know Harry.

Too funny. Old dried out hag? Sadly just an informed beastie compared to you.

Where's the quote where the NAACP said he was "racists"?

Hello?

You have to be kidding me. Now you want me to pull out a quote that actually says.................

I wouldn't be shocked if he was in fact a racist. People change their views overtime and sometimes due to illnesses like alzheimer's. I know he gave a speech on white pride. Nothing wrong with that unless he turned into a white supremacist as well.

Don't any of you kids know who the black guys are in the picture with Heston?

Yes, and though I was a bit late (born in 68), I was taught in school about the civil rights movement. I was also taught about the many whites lynched for standing up for blacks. I was taught to appreciate that those whites that made the stand, and those white actors that did so on camera, risked so much for the movement. These people could have been blackballed or killed for doing so.

... and now we hate on them and mock them apparently ... very sad

Harry Belafonte and Sidney Poitier

YAY!

You win the trip to Hawaii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eusa_angel:

yeah!!! Do I have to pay taxes on it? I don't like taxes, or is it Texas?

Too funny. I'm just glad someone knows who they were. btw I was just a kid in a back seat at a drive in movie for "lillies of the field"

It was beyond beautiful. Poitier man oh man amazing.

And then you get to "In the Heat of the Night" oh man oh man oh man. Unreal.

I still watch them. Steiger sp? was the perfect prick.

Wfilmfest_Heat_Night00.jpg

I love this. I just love this to death. I wonder how many..........yes I'm going to say it.........

kids these days know real history? That Heston led a March on Washington.

So while the USMB progressives are slagging crackers and whitey today like they are jammed up:eusa_angel:, I just had to post this.

Truth. For you race baiters this will be a hard pill to swallow.

Oh and may I recommend you get your Immodium AD extra strength out?

The day Hollywood joined the March on Washington, led by Charlton 'cold dead hands' Heston

civil_rights.jpg

Good article here on this. AND I just love this quote from the article...

When they came to hand out leadership roles, they instinctively deferred to their onscreen personalities. Charlton Heston was elected chair of the group.

Chuck later remarked that it was probably because he'd played Moses – "because I’d gotten all those folks through the Red Sea."

Yes he did...And I honor his memory for that. Also because he's a Fraser and he used to attend the Clan Fraser gatherings and didn't act like he was better than anyone else.

Hello?

I wouldn't be shocked if he was in fact a racist. People change their views overtime and sometimes due to illnesses like alzheimer's. I know he gave a speech on white pride. Nothing wrong with that unless he turned into a white supremacist as well.

You have to slag him don't you bigot?

Unreal but makes sense to me. Heston and Brando risked everything to march. This wasn't a popular issue.

You fucking fool. I have no words for you. That you could even dream the man was a racist and risked everything to march to Washington.

They risked their careers to stand with blacks you asshole.

Unreal but makes sense to me. Heston and Brando risked everything to march. This wasn't a popular issue.

You fucking fool. I have no words for you. That you could even dream the man was a racist and risked everything to march to Washington.

Tiny...before you go on....think about what the Right says about Hollywood people today who stand up for minorities.

Are these the same Hollywood people that the Right frequently runs down these days for being liberal and outspoken?

Only when Pamela Anderson speaks out.

Some are dumb fucks Bod. But there are many omg I'm going to say it.........smart ones.:eusa_angel:

And I don't have a problem with people using their celebrity as long as they aren't hypocrites.

Look at Angelina using her star status for the UN.

Oh and the best was Princess Diana for embracing aids victims or her campaign trying to find all the non detonated bombs.

This counts.

Did you misread my post or did you make a mistake and respond to the wrong person?

Tiny...before you go on....think about what the Right says about Hollywood people today who stand up for minorities.

I hate it Bod. Free speech is welcome on both sides of the aisle. And no one on the right has or should have the ability to even shut down a Cindy Sheehan.

I can even handle Southern Man :eusa_angel: And everyone has a right to their opinion. I just don't understand the ramped up rhetoric to try to shut down debate.

I don't get it at all.

Last edited:

Did you misread my post or did you make a mistake and respond to the wrong person?

I wouldn't be shocked if he was in fact a racist.

You said this.

I responded.

Do you know the balls that it took to do that in the early 60's?

You really don't know those times at all do you? It was bravery. And caring.

Last edited:

I wouldn't be shocked if he was in fact a racist.

You said this.

I responded.

Do you know the balls that it took to do that in the early 60's?

You really don't know those times at all do you? It was bravery. And caring.

Are you saying it was impossible that he changed his views? If I were you I wouldn't worship the man. Worship the deeds. What he did was incredibly brave at the time and showed much honor. Doesnt mean he never changed his mind.

When MLK gave his speech I remember being in the living room riveted listening to this man. It was carried on CBC if I remember correctly.

My parents were crying. I just remember being jaw dropped at this man. My Baba who had escaped Russia sobbing into her towel.

This man was unreal.

Forum List

Back