"Checking on the boxes."

berg80

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2017
Special counsel probed Trump Mar-a-Lago trip that aides 'kept quiet' weeks before FBI search: Sources

A trip to Mar-a-Lago taken by former President Donald Trump that aides allegedly "kept quiet" just weeks before FBI agents searched the property for classified materials in his possession raised suspicions among special counsel Jack Smith's team as a potential additional effort to obstruct the government's classified documents investigation, sources familiar with the matter told ABC News.

The previously unreported visit, which allegedly took place July 10-12 in the summer of 2022, was raised in several interviews with witnesses, sources familiar with the matter said, as investigators sought to determine whether it was part of Trump's broader alleged effort to withhold the documents after receiving a subpoena demanding their return.

At least one witness who worked closely with the former president recalled being told at the time of the trip that Trump was there "checking on the boxes," according to sources familiar with what the witness told investigators.

Special counsel probed Trump Mar-a-Lago trip that aides 'kept quiet' weeks before FBI search: Sources

Because we know Don is a law abiding citizen who would never do anything like refuse to comply with a subpoena or ignore a gag order or orchestrate a coup I think he should get the benefit of the doubt. ;)

I'm not sure why a POTUS's visit to his home would have to be reported at all.

How many times has Valerie Jarrett visited the FJB WH? From what I understand she done wore a path in the sidewalk from Obama's DC home to the WH but good luck finding her on the WH visitors log.

Just weeks before the trip, as ABC News has previously reported, Trump allegedly had the lock on a closet in his residence changed while his attorney was in Mar-a-Lago's basement searching for classified documents in a storage room that he was told contained all such documents. The FBI failed to check the locked closet in Trump's residence when they searched the estate in August 2022, which some investigators later came to believe should have been done.

I hope this story isn't upsetting to Aileen. She needs to remain focused on delaying the trial.

I'm not sure why a POTUS's visit to his home would have to be reported at all.
Just weeks before the trip, as ABC News has previously reported, Trump allegedly had the lock on a closet in his residence changed while his attorney was in Mar-a-Lago's basement searching for classified documents in a storage room that he was told contained all such documents. The FBI failed to check the locked closet in Trump's residence when they searched the estate in August 2022, which some investigators later came to believe should have been done.

:lame2:

Forum List

Back