Chess world championship.

Is there an online text of their games anywhere? It would be interesting to note the openings wins and losses.

The only championship match that ever came across my radar screen was Bobby Fischer against Boris Spasky. Was this match a set of many games, with the overall winner being declared the champion?

The only championship match that ever came across my radar screen was Bobby Fischer against Boris Spasky. Was this match a set of many games, with the overall winner being declared the champion?
Thats correct. I will look it up and post it.

Thats correct. I will look it up and post it.
That's what got me started taking a stronger interest in Chess was the Fischer - Patsky matches. I was in Jr. High at the time and that's all we talked about on the bus on the way to school. The 2023 players from the U.S.A. did well from what I am reading here.

Ruy Lopez is still popular. I always liked that one, hard to master all the variations, though. The English Opening is still popular, too. No Sicilian variations; that's a big change from older days.

I didn't realize Wiki was that current with its articles and reports. Thanks for the link, I would never have guessed looking there.

The only reason Ding Dong won was because Magnus Carlsen decided not to compete .
MC is still top rated everywhere .

Forum List

Back