Chicago police chief gets it wrong again on guns and crime...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
The chief of police in Chicago keeps blaming guns for Chicagos violence....he misses the point every time, though today he almost gets it right...

McCarthy Says Too Many Arrested For Illegal Gun Possession Are "Immediately Back Out On The Street”

McCarthy says of the 1,500 people arrested in the first half of the year for illegal gun possession, three out of four are “immediately back out on the street.”

“I think we’re doing a pretty good job when we’re getting this many guns,” McCarthy says. “The question is, what happens afterwards. So prosecutors, judges, elected officials have to be held accountable at the same level that I’m accountable for.”

Yes...this is the problem....gun criminals are not going to prison. They are getting light sentences and go right back out to shoot people. It isn't the guns, it is the criminals.

A big part of Chicago's problem..the gangs are electing the aldermen in charge of their wards, who vote down hiring more police, and who help get these criminals released even after committing crimes with guns.

Stop the gangs and drug dealers, and the crime rate in Chicago will go down....even as law abiding gun owers go on their merry way.

There is no ROOM in prisons , that's the core problems. Judges are being told, we can't handle any more prisoners; and there isn't money for new prisons, so what do you do? You reclassify gun crimes that don't end up in a shooting as non violent crimes and you release those people.

I mean that's the root of it.

Let's decriminalize pot and make room in our prisons for REAL criminals.

Forum List

Back