🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Chicago to open applications for monthly $500 payments to thousands of low-income families

Posit

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2022
Democrats don't get it... "Teach a man to fish...". Stop teaching the poor to expect free stuff. If youhave to buy votes, conscience should make you relook at yourself.

Democrats don't get it... "Teach a man to fish...". Stop teaching the poor to expect free stuff. If youhave to buy votes, conscience should make you relook at yourself.
1649955225378.png

Link.

I am tempted to agree with you. I personally would rather the government provide opportunities for someone to dig themselves out rather than trying to band-aid a problem at the last step with cash.

That said, Covid was kind of an abnormal punch in the teeth, and for families who are legit at the end of their rope because of it, this could have the immediacy that is needed. So what they hey; $125K per month isn't *that* much in the budget of a megacity, so give it a shot.

I would hope they'd study the results in a year or so and see if it worked as designed, or if it just gave shiftless Uncle Bob extra scratch-off money, or something.

Forum List

Back