Chicago violence: NOT President Obama's job or responsibility!

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
For a year now, I've advocated for the fair treatment of cops and firemen. Some on the right have reacted very nastily, saying local issues are for LOCALS, not for the Federal government.

Now, the same right wing is trying to smear Obama by saying he isn't helping with the Chicago gun violence. Which is it????

Chicago gun violence is a LOCAL CITY issue, right? If someone advocated Chicago cops get a pay or benefit saved from Federal help, the right wing would be outraged. They'd say the Feds have no business meddling in local issues, and that the Constitution doesn't allow for the Feds to step in to local policing.

But the gun crime in Chicago? They think somehow is is the president's job. Sure, as a state Senator it was part of his job. He isnt a state senator anymore. It is a LOCAL issue, and the Constitutional purists SHOULD say that the Feds dont have the power to do anything anyway. Afterall, the Constitution does NOT allow for an FBI, DEA, ATF, etc, etc. And without martial law, you cant send the "standing Army" in there.

So, what do you idiots want Obama to do about Chicago crime? Send in the Marines? Send Chicago PD millions of dollars for extra cops and extra patrols? He doesnt have the power, according to Constitutional purists. And he doesn't have the responsibility or authority, according to right wingers who declare local issues are for local government.

Chicago crime is a local issue. But the right wing is trying to pin it on the president of the United States.

For a year now, I've advocated for the fair treatment of cops and firemen. Some on the right have reacted very nastily, saying local issues are for LOCALS, not for the Federal government.

Now, the same right wing is trying to smear Obama by saying he isn't helping with the Chicago gun violence. Which is it????

Chicago gun violence is a LOCAL CITY issue, right? If someone advocated Chicago cops get a pay or benefit saved from Federal help, the right wing would be outraged. They'd say the Feds have no business meddling in local issues, and that the Constitution doesn't allow for the Feds to step in to local policing.

But the gun crime in Chicago? They think somehow is is the president's job. Sure, as a state Senator it was part of his job. He isnt a state senator anymore. It is a LOCAL issue, and the Constitutional purists SHOULD say that the Feds dont have the power to do anything anyway. Afterall, the Constitution does NOT allow for an FBI, DEA, ATF, etc, etc. And without martial law, you cant send the "standing Army" in there.

So, what do you idiots want Obama to do about Chicago crime? Send in the Marines? Send Chicago PD millions of dollars for extra cops and extra patrols? He doesnt have the power, according to Constitutional purists. And he doesn't have the responsibility or authority, according to right wingers who declare local issues are for local government.

Chicago crime is a local issue. But the right wing is trying to pin it on the president of the United States.

Shit.....what a genius!!!!:coffee:

Figure that out all by yourself?

He's black. The Republican Party is the Party of "Confederates". It's 90% white. It's what they know.

He's black. The Republican Party is the Party of "Confederates". It's 90% white. It's what they know.

Its not even about me taking "sides" on the partisan nonsense. Its just noticing how retarded people are getting. They're preaching Benghazi in freakin' church now. Yeah, keep pushing that shit that people dont care about.

But this? They're trying to use local street violence to smear a sitting US president. They preach Constitutional purity...which would not allow for FEMA, FBI, DEA, ATF, etc, etc. But then demand the US president do something about a local policing issue.

Ive seen some ficticious threads in my day around here but this one is right up there.

Nobody thinks this asshole.......like maybe 4 people.

:eusa_eh:

Sorta like New Orleans flooding is a local issue....but the left wingis trying to pin.......oh, I forgot, the left would never do anything like that
:eusa_silenced:

Opps....

Last edited:
If you hadn't been such an ignorant ass in your wording, I would have been happy to discuss the issue, but after reading your stupidly, not so much. You want to act like a fucking troll expect to be treated like one, ask a civil question, you might get a respectful answer.

Perhaps you can explain why Obama announced just recently that Chicago is an example for all American cities to follow?

Sorta like Hurricanes hitting New Orleans....

Opps....

Lemme tell ya. You provide for your family for 72 hours and then it all really is Federal responsibility. It is why Governors declare a State of Emergency.....so that the Feds have to take over.

Regards from Rosie

Opps....

Lemme tell ya. You provide for your family for 72 hours and then it all really is Federal responsibility. It is why Governors declare a State of Emergency.....so that the Feds have to take over.

Regards from Rosie

So you're saying the Governor of Illinois should declare a state of emergency so Obama could send the National Guard into his Home Town.

That would be interesting.....:eusa_whistle:......particularly from the POV of a "Community Organizer."

Incidently, I wonder how the annual Death Toll from gunshots in Chicago compares to the Death Toll in New Orleans after Katrina.

Perhaps you can explain why Obama announced just recently that Chicago is an example for all American cities to follow?

Because he's a big idiot. I didnt vote for him in 08 or 12. I just didnt vote GOP because they started fucking cops over. I sat it out. For my #1 cause, no politicians give a fuck, kinda left out in the cold. Chicago isn't a model city for anyone. It is Chicago. Every city is different with different needs, strengths, weaknesses.

Opps....

Regards from Rosie

Bull, I took care of myself and family for 16 days after hurricane Ike, with no assistance from anyone, your responsibility to take care of your family doesn't magically expire after 72 hours.

Actually what the right is saying is Obama's town of Chicago has some of the strictest gun laws in the nation and yet has some of if not the worst gun violence in the nation. So that in turn brings the question to President Obama how will bringing in stricter gun laws on a national level decrease gun violence when it has failed to do so in a city that has some of the strictest in the country?

Actually what the right is saying is Obama's town of Chicago has some of the strictest gun laws in the nation and yet has some of if not the worst gun violence in the nation. So that in turn brings the question to President Obama how will bringing in stricter gun laws on a national level decrease gun violence when it has failed to do so in a city that has some of the strictest in the country?

SO DUMB! They SHOULD have a 5 year mandatory sentence for carrying an illegal gun like NYC, but short of that the problem is truckloads of guns coming in from Red states and gunshows. So any background check law Obama passes will do more than anyone so far for Chicago...

Perhaps it would be useful for the OP to define what IS Obama's job or responsibility....

Anyone?

Opps....

Regards from Rosie

Bull, I took care of myself and family for 16 days after hurricane Ike, with no assistance from anyone, your responsibility to take care of your family doesn't magically expire after 72 hours.

Those are the FEMA guidelines. A safe shelter, food, and sanitation become governmental responsibilities 72. hours after the hurricane.

If you don't avail your family of a hurricane shelter, that's on you.

Regards from Rosie

Perhaps it would be useful for the OP to define what IS Obama's job or responsibility....

Anyone?

OK. Obama should send $100,000,000 to the Chicago Police Department. Hire more cops, start at 50K a year, and hire them on a 5 year contract. That means you'll get 400 more cops for 5 years. Flood the ghettos. End the violence.

You ok with federal tax dollars going to pay for more cops? Because the last 2 years I 've been told the federal government has NO BUSINESS sending money to local PD's, that the Constitution doesnt allow for it, and I was a "commie" for suggesting it.

So, what should Obama do? Flood Chicago PD with more money? Declare martial law and send the Army in?

There is my idea. Hell, make it an even billion dollars. Then they can make it 4,000 more cops. They can literally lockdown the entire city with that. Crime will vanish.

Sound crazy? Well, I bet we've spent that much training the damn Iraq and Afghan cops, to protect foreign streets. Why are our tax dollars good enough to spend on cops across the world, but not for our own streets?????????????????

Forum List

Back