China drops 'peaceful reunification' reference to Taiwan

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Like clockwork, every time the world sees American weakness and division. Is the world ready for WWIII?

China can even rightfully tell the world "we told you what we were going to do".

I thought we were supposed to learn from history, not repeat it.

BEIJING, March 5 (Reuters) - China will boost its defence spending by 7.2% this year, fuelling a military budget that has more than doubled under President Xi Jinping's 11 years in office as Beijing hardens its stance on Taiwan, according to official reports on Tuesday.
The increase mirrors the rate presented in last year's budget and again comes in well above the government's economic growth forecast for this year.
China also officially adopted tougher language against Taiwan as it released the budget figures, dropping the mention of "peaceful reunification" in a government report delivered by Premier Li Qiang at the opening of the National People's Congress (NPC), China's rubber-stamp parliament, on Tuesday.

China needs to come up with an economic/political agreement with Taiwan.

If they attempt a military invasion, Taiwan will kick their ass

Never underestimate your adversary.

Never.
They're not my adversary.

Taiwan is part of China.

Taiwan speaks Mandarin, their people are Han Chinese, and they call themselves the Republic of China.

This is an argument between Chinese people, it's really none of our business.

Taiwan is part of China.

Taiwan speaks Mandarin, their people are Han Chinese, and they call themselves the Republic of China.

Yep, dumb as a box of rocks.

Yep, dumb as a box of rocks.
Please point out anything that I said that was wrong.

Thanks.

I know Tiawan is highly motivated. They will fight and fight hard.
You don't think the Chinese will fight just as hard?

The main thing that saves Taiwan is that it would cause economic disruption if they invaded Taiwan for years.

But westerners need to understand that for China, this is an issue of national sovereignty in a country that has its sovereignty violated for over a century and is kind of sensitive about that sort of thing.

Never underestimate your adversary.

Never.

I think China realizes that.

While they have an armed forces of over 2 million and Taiwan only has around 200,000, China must land its forces in hostile territory over a hundred miles of ocean.

Taiwan has been preparing for an invasion for over 70 years. Landing zones are mined, they have anti-ship missiles, submarines, sea drones and anti air defenses.

China has never been involved in modern warfare or conducted an amphibious landing.

Look at how well Russia did massing all their tanks at the Ukraine border….now consider the challenges of a Sea Invasion

Thanks.

The main thing that saves Taiwan is that it would cause economic disruption if they invaded Taiwan for years.

But westerners need to understand that for China, this is an issue of national sovereignty in a country that has its sovereignty violated for over a century and is kind of sensitive about that sort of thing.
The Chinese will NOT fight as hard, retard. They are nowhere near as motivated to fight for freedom like the Taiwanese are.

Last edited:

Taiwan is part of China.

At this point it's more about the race to establish a semiconductor supply here on continent than about freedom for Taiwan. Once that has been accomplished I think you will see the US simply quietly withdraw from that issue and just let it happen. 2-3 years.

I get such a kick out of crazy people. Taiwan has nothing to do with me, they are part of China.
Why are we involved in Ukraine? They were part of Russia once.
Why are we involved in NATO? They are French, German and other countries.
We can make excuses for being involved with them but somehow not for someone else

Thanks.

China is no longer the primitive thug force led by MAO. They know exactly what to expect in an invasion. I cannot forsee any scenario where it becomes a Ukraine type of Battlefield.

What I think will probably happen:

1.) They will continue to bolster their anti ship middle system to the point where only submarines would have any chance of making the journey across the straights. Submarines don't carry much cargo.

2.) They will shut down Air and Sea trade gradually effectively isolating Taiwan.

3.) They will offer a vision of prosperity under a unified Nation and wait for the internal pressure to accomplish a non military unification.

It's still going to be a huge adjustment for Taiwan unfortunately.

I get such a kick out of crazy people. Taiwan has nothing to do with me, they are part of China.
Why are we involved in Ukraine? They were part of Russia once.
Why are we involved in NATO? They are French, German and other countries.
We can make excuses for being involved with them but somehow not for someone else
Think....money. The US investment in Taiwanese businesses ( just like Ukraine btw) pours untold millions back to the bank accounts of unknown Patrons here....many of whom are no doubt elected officials in DC. That would go away immediately under a Beijing takeover.

The Chinese will NOT fight as hard, retard. They are nowhere near as motivated to fight for freedom like the Taiwanese are.

They will happily fight for national honor, like most people would.

Also, they have 1.5 billion people to Taiwan's 20 million. This would be Mike Tyson beating up Pee-wee Herman.

They will happily fight for national honor, like most people would.

Also, they have 1.5 billion people to Taiwan's 20 million. This would be Mike Tyson beating up Pee-wee Herman.
It would be fighting on open ground

China must transport its invading army across a hundred miles of ocean and land them one boat at a time

Taiwan can mass its forces at choke points

You guys really have an infatuation with WWIII, don't you?
Who are "you guys"?

You truly are naive, by design or circumstance.

Did you know that China shipped over some nice windmills to help with Americas wind energy "climate change" goals? The hardware was nice and clean, but the software installed was used to access U.S systems. America had to outsource their own domestic company to replace the software that their good friends from China shipped over.

Can anyone imagine buying "Made in Russia" computers or cars during the 1970s?

Wake up, MSS has hoodwinked the world and it is only now, decades later after China has built a formidable military that the world seems to notice. Even slow, foolish Europe seems to now care, only AFTER their own political careers are in peril as the continent in moving far right, and fast. Convenient timing.

How many foreign spies from China are in the U.S today thanks to your border? How many accessing sensitive U.S mainframe government computers? How many sleeper cells?

As I feared the move of influence East after 2020 I suspect WWIII is far closer than most believe. All of the signs are there. Once again, we choose to repeat history all because many elites believe they will be safe and secure, similar to the Crown in England wanting to agree to surrender terms with Germany as long as they remained the monarchy.

The joke will be on them, not long after all of us. Everyone appeasing the crocodile hoping they are eaten last.

The need to shift gears dramatically is now, there is no tomorrow. I give Americas enemies credit, they not only gained immense ground but also convinced many of their allies to not trust the U.S.

Wake up...please....

Forum List

Back