China, eating our lunch, breakfast, and dinner

As long as greedy fat ass Americans demand their cheap shitty goods, China will own the US. It is what it is.

Unless we have trade policy to discourage such behavior.

And what would that trade policy do, reduce cheap goods or reduce shitty goods.

Depends on the details. Easiest would be to reduce cheap Chinese goods.

Well, can't imagine China reducing the number of shitty goods any time soon. And if the cheap goods are stopped or slowed, people would have to buy more expensive goods. And if only more expensive goods were available liberals would piss and moan even more than they do now.

I want jobs for Americans. If pain for liberals is the price, that is a price I will gladly pay.

As long as greedy fat ass Americans demand their cheap shitty goods, China will own the US. It is what it is.

Well, can't imagine China reducing the number of shitty goods any time soon. And if the cheap goods are stopped or slowed, people would have to buy more expensive goods. And if only more expensive goods were available liberals would piss and moan even more than they do now.

I want jobs for Americans. If pain for liberals is the price, that is a price I will gladly pay.

LOL...I'm good with that.

The average fat greedy American has no idea how those cheap shitty goods come about. And they don't wanna know. They don't care that it's mostly provided by way of foreign slave labor. They don't care that shitty 'Made in China' t-shirt they're wearing, was likely produced by a slave child in China. They just want their cheap shitty goods. What would they do without their Walmart? Commit mass suicide? Probably.

The average fat greedy American has no idea how those cheap shitty goods come about. And they don't wanna know. They don't care that it's mostly provided by way of foreign slave labor. They don't care that shitty 'Made in China' t-shirt they're wearing, was likely produced by a slave child in China. They just want their cheap shitty goods. What would they do without their Walmart? Commit mass suicide? Probably.

Great, so you've stopped shopping at Walmart, Target, and Costco, to just name a few.

I think people are underestimating Americans. Most will easily adjust. So, maybe I can only afford a 42 inch tv instead of a 70 incher.

I will survive.

Great, so you've stopped shopping at Walmart, Target, and Costco, to just name a few.

Costco's somewhat ok. It at least still cares about customer service and its employees. But no, i don't shop at Walmart or Target. I do have to shop though. I just choose where i shop, a bit more carefully these days. I don't mind paying more.

Costco's somewhat ok. It at least still cares about customer service and its employees. But no, i don't shop at Walmart or Target. I do have to shop though. I just choose where i shop, a bit more carefully these days. I don't mind paying more.

It's not so much about paying more, it more a matter of finding products still made in the U.S.

LOL There are six million high paying jobs in the US going begging. Millwrights, electrician, and automation techs are needed throughout our nation. We don't need dumb asses with no skills. You want a good job, learn a skill. Because there is no place today for dummies in manufacturing. If it is simple enough for a dummy to do, it is simple enough for a machine to do faster, cheaper, and with greater accuracy.

You want jobs for Americans, convince them to get trained for technical jobs.

It's not so much about paying more, it more a matter of finding products still made in the U.S.
Look at the products that the 'Conservatives' hate. Tesla's. Highest amount of US made material in those of any car manufacturer. Windmills. We roll most of the steel used in the Vestas mills here in Portland, Oregon. LOL

LOL There are six million high paying jobs in the US going begging. Millwrights, electrician, and automation techs are needed throughout our nation. We don't need dumb asses with no skills. You want a good job, learn a skill. Because there is no place today for dummies in manufacturing. If it is simple enough for a dummy to do, it is simple enough for a machine to do faster, cheaper, and with greater accuracy.

Americans are willing to learn. If those jobs aren't filled, maybe you are doing something wrong.

Americans are willing to learn. If those jobs aren't filled, maybe you are doing something wrong.
First of all, you have to be qualified to do this kind of work. Not just knowledge of the tools and equipment, but of the dangers and procedures that prevent accidents. Second, there are two ways to get qualified, first, get a job in a company that has an internal apprentice program, and apply for it. Remember that your performance on the job you have will be a large influence on whether you get that appointment or don't. Second, go to a Community College that has training programs in the trades. Spendy, but will get you an entry position.

Unfortunetly, we don't see that many applicants that seem willing to do either.

First of all, you have to be qualified to do this kind of work. Not just knowledge of the tools and equipment, but of the dangers and procedures that prevent accidents. Second, there are two ways to get qualified, first, get a job in a company that has an internal apprentice program, and apply for it. Remember that your performance on the job you have will be a large influence on whether you get that appointment or don't. Second, go to a Community College that has training programs in the trades. Spendy, but will get you an entry position.

Unfortunetly, we don't see that many applicants that seem willing to do either.

HOw much does that apprentice program pay?

I want jobs for Americans. ....

What kind of jobs?

If your wrong about what this administration is trying to do, all of us who's income is under 250,000 a year will pay the price. all the flow seems to continue to go upward, and all the people being put in power have huge wealth & a personal agenda. that dose not include the majority of our population.

What kind of jobs?

All kinds. For all kinds of Americans.

If your wrong about what this administration is trying to do, all of us who's income is under 250,000 a year will pay the price. all the flow seems to continue to go upward, and all the people being put in power have huge wealth & a personal agenda. that dose not include the majority of our population.

Because the last 30 years have been so good of the working poor and middle class?

What kind of jobs?

You’ll have to be more specific than that.

What kind of jobs?

You’ll have to be more specific than that.

I want high tech research jobs for those geniuses who have the knowledge and the skills to do them.

I want the jobs that you could train a monkey to do, but with the best pay we can encourage, for those the have the knowledge and the skills that that is all they can do.

I want a good portion of every job in between, for every American to have a chance to find the best job for them and what they can do.

Forum List

Back