China threatens those who boycott Olympics?

Why the hell would anyone want to go to an Olympic game in China? The air sucks, it's dirty and crowded and you have a good chance of disappearing unexpectedly. Forever. And if you're thinking about taking your dog along, I hope you don't like him because there's a 95% chance of him ending up on a plate. Fuck communist China.

My dentist went to the 2008 games there and said it was a wonderful time.
I believe that he thought that. But I think China and our relationship are much different today. The air is much worse today, there's COVID, there's the broken Hong Kong treaty, the intellectual information theft, the fentanyl they send to Mexican cartels, the civil rights abuses, the manmade islands and their desire to be the worlds only superpower, the invasion of disputed territory with India, their outward hatred for the US and the soon to be invasion of Taiwan. China is our #1 enemy and threat today. It might be little different this time around.

The whole purpose of the Olympics is to come together in spite of differences, political or otherwise. If people choose to boycott for political reasons, there is no reason China shouldn't retaliate for political reasons. Ultimately, however, boycotts undermine the purpose of having the Olympics to begin with. I never ever will support an Olympics boycott by a nation-state.
No, the whole purpose of the Olympics is to have taxpayers pay for lavish stadium that countries can't afford and for despots like Hitler or Xi to gloat when and if his master race wins a metal. Olympics routinely have political opponents boycott each other, or are at least tempted to do so. The whole affair is idiotic and 100% political.

The IOC ran on a very small budget until television came along. You can blame NBC, not Hitler and Xi, for the spectacle they have become. In the mean time, I will never support an Olympic boycott. Too many amateur athletes have a very narrow window in life which they can compete and have a real shot at victory.

Why the hell would anyone want to go to an Olympic game in China? The air sucks, it's dirty and crowded and you have a good chance of disappearing unexpectedly. Forever. And if you're thinking about taking your dog along, I hope you don't like him because there's a 95% chance of him ending up on a plate. Fuck communist China.

I believe that he thought that. But I think China and our relationship are much different today. The air is much worse today, there's COVID, there's the broken Hong Kong treaty, the intellectual information theft, the fentanyl they send to Mexican cartels, the civil rights abuses, the manmade islands and their desire to be the worlds only superpower, the invasion of disputed territory with India, their outward hatred for the US and the soon to be invasion of Taiwan. China is our #1 enemy and threat today. It might be little different this time around.

The whole purpose of the Olympics is to come together in spite of differences, political or otherwise. If people choose to boycott for political reasons, there is no reason China shouldn't retaliate for political reasons. Ultimately, however, boycotts undermine the purpose of having the Olympics to begin with. I never ever will support an Olympics boycott by a nation-state.
That's not the way I see it. I give money to the Olympic athletes but I'm not subsidizing some kind of UN, kumbayah holiday. I'm buying the best training facilities, coaches, living quarters etc, so our athletes will have their best chance to look good and be good sportsmen as they kick the rest of the world's ass.

That's not the way I see it. I give money to the Olympic athletes but I'm not subsidizing some kind of UN, kumbayah holiday. I'm buying the best training facilities, coaches, living quarters etc, so our athletes will have their best chance to look good and be good sportsmen as they kick the rest of the world's ass.

They aren't kicking the world's ass if the world isn't there. They are competing in a rigged contest.

They aren't kicking the world's ass if the world isn't there. They are competing in a rigged contest.
Qdog, you seem to be the argumentative type. Maybe you think the Olympic games is the only venue for international games? There are plenty of other places, granted not so grand, to compete. Maybe I'm still bitter from years ago, before drug testing, when the communist Chinese would send women, all with more male hormones than Mike Tyson, to beat up on the rest of the worlds girly girls. Long story short - Fuck Red China and the Wuhan virus they contaminated the world with.

My son spent time in China 3 years ago and experienced clean air, no dog food,
and came home with all his limbs intact. Seems like Wamose is a typical Trump supporter, all brawn and no brains. China is a modern country.

Do you think China cares? They don't care, just look at Myanmar.

My son spent time in China 3 years ago and experienced clean air, no dog food,
and came home with all his limbs intact. Seems like Wamose is a typical Trump supporter, all brawn and no brains. China is a modern country.
In China, you can see what China wants you to see, nothing more and nothing less. So, if that boundary is beyond your own view, you will have a good time. If not, that is a different story. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

P.S. I am not trump supporter :)

No, the whole purpose of the Olympics is to have taxpayers pay for lavish stadium that countries can't afford and for despots like Hitler or Xi to gloat when and if his master race wins a metal. Olympics routinely have political opponents boycott each other, or are at least tempted to do so. The whole affair is idiotic and 100% political.

The IOC ran on a very small budget until television came along. You can blame NBC, not Hitler and Xi, for the spectacle they have become. In the mean time, I will never support an Olympic boycott. Too many amateur athletes have a very narrow window in life which they can compete and have a real shot at victory.
this narrative outlines the liberals' foreign policy failure (I had heard "Olympic boycotting" when Biden won the election).

Qdog, you seem to be the argumentative type. Maybe you think the Olympic games is the only venue for international games? There are plenty of other places, granted not so grand, to compete. Maybe I'm still bitter from years ago, before drug testing, when the communist Chinese would send women, all with more male hormones than Mike Tyson, to beat up on the rest of the worlds girly girls. Long story short - Fuck Red China and the Wuhan virus they contaminated the world with.

I am not the one arguing that China should be boycotted because of shit that happened decades ago.

I am not the one arguing that China should be boycotted because of shit that happened decades ago.

A boycott would be justified for shit happening right now.

Communist China knows where the virus comes from, and it’s not a lab in Wuhan. Checking lab animals would quickly eliminate any question of that, though the smoking gun is simply not there in the amino acid sequence of the COVID-19 spike protein. Their Olympics should be boycotted most importantly for having perpetuated esoterica and mystery about the virus (ebola fairy tales set the precedent), a virus that evolved from the culinary promiscuity of a communist population.

A boycott would be justified on the basis of the genocide taking place in Xinjiang right now.

Forum List

Back