China to develop more aircraft carriers

China's communists responsible for their economic boom? That's a laugh. Where else on earth have communists seen economic prosperity in any of the countries where they've murdered their way into power? China's economic boom came about because of A: Richard Nixon; B: Unconscionable American labor union greed that just in the decade from 1969-1979 saw the forced closure of thousands of large American factories and the exportation overseas of 32 million American jobs; C: Tens of billions in American investment; and D: A predisposition in the Chinese personality for higher education and entrepreneurship that almost guaranteed them success in the their transition from slavery into a free market economy.

Ask of China's 110 million strong middle class demographic, how many spend their days reading Mao's little red book. This is a country that produces 60,000 new millionaires every year as well as half a dozen new billionaires every year. Their middle class has disposable income enough to buy condos, new cars (they love Buicks), and to send their kids to private schools. How long till the clash with the reds do you think?

Chinese Communism was always different from European and Soviet versions of it and in destroying the old China that was decadent and declining may have done China a favour in the long run. Mao may have been a blood stained deceiver but those who have followed after him have not been so bad and his agrarian and narrow view of Communism has mainly been jettisoned since the failure of the Cultural Revolution. The future of China is in its cities not its peasants. Also Chinas current openness to capitalism and comparatively lenient treatment of Christians (compared to the Soviet Union) mean that it has slightly more spending power and legitimacy than the Soviet Union ever could have had. I see these guys as being an imperfect ruling class who have their countries interests at heart. Also anyone familiar with Chinese history (with the long and bloody civil war and with the warlords that divided China before that) will not value the disunity that would inevitably result if they were deposed. I would hope for a more peaceful transition to a more democratic way of doing things. That said this does not mean we need to kowtow to their own racist and imperialist agenda and one should be mindful that their countries interest is to often interpreted as expansionary and rather arrogant and that their neighbours have no wish to be trampled on by a resurgent China. It may hard for them to learn how to be a teamplayer when they are so clearly the biggest kid on the block though- clearly they see no need to bow to global opinion in Hong Kong for instance. I think blaming American job losses on China is not really fair. Their addition to the world economy has added overall value and a new growth centre that survived the crash in Western economies for instance. It is better to engage with China that to try and simply shut them out. The world no longer works like that and no nation is an island not even japan or the USA!

yes----MAO hit china like a fire storm-------a kind of slash and burn approach ------now it's growing well

yes----MAO hit china like a fire storm-------a kind of slash and burn approach ------now it's growing well
He bitchslapped it forward 500 years.

One hundred years ago it was a decadent, feudal state, poor, illiterate and diseased.

The cure was harsh, but, it got done.

Of course he did. This murdering peasant with no education (who never bathed...ever) bitch-slapped the Chinese industrial and high-tech base into line with Japan, the US, and every other nation to whom China owes the scientific and technological prowess it enjoys today, without any benefaction from the aforementioned braintrust. Anyone who believes that needs to be bitch-slapped themselves.

Of course he did. This murdering peasant with no education (who never bathed...ever) bitch-slapped the Chinese industrial and high-tech base into line with Japan, the US, and every other nation to whom China owes the scientific and technological prowess it enjoys today, without any benefaction from the aforementioned braintrust. Anyone who believes that needs to be bitch-slapped themselves.

silly---in slash and burn agriculture-----does the FIRE know what it's doing?

silly---in slash and burn agriculture-----does the FIRE know what it's doing?

No. Professor Rudolph Rummel, late of Yale and the University of Hawaii, classified these national slash and burn states of affairs, at least the ones that left countless dead people in their wake, as acts of democide. The worst one in modern history was Mao's own doing: his war against the sparrows. He harbored a pathological loathing of the little birds, so he ordered their complete destruction. The resulting 1950's famine, because grasshoppers destroyed China's wheat crop, killed 31 million people.

Kevin_Kennedy

I did not get your position wrong. I am talking about the stated position of yours on this thread about Senkaku dispute. It is quite possible that you may have meant to write something else and thought you were writing something else but ended up writing something entirely different. In that case, that is your fault not mine. Your sated position considers Senkaku Islands disputed territory. This is exactly what Chinese wanted. They have been successful at labeling Senku, an undisputed territory as disputed territory. That is not a neutral stance. On top of that you floated Chinese propaganda.

There is nothing negative to say about Japan so if you are not saying anything negative about Japan, it simply means that you are doing the right thing. Unfortunately however, there are quite a few negative things about China. Pointing out those actions of China which can be characterized as crimes against humanity (e.g., Tibet and Xinjiang), intimidation of weaker neighbors (e.g., Philippines), making irrational territorial claims with total disregard to peace and security (e.g., Japan, Vietnam, Philippines, India and so on) is not negativity against China. It is called obligation to speak truth. It is certainly not an attack on Chinese.

Japan's character as a responsible player in the region commands respect and credibility and is therefore relevant to the topic.
Here are my exact words with a link to the post that they appeared in so that everyone can see that there is no way to possibly get my position wrong, unless that position is inconvenient so you simply make up a straw man argument.
My position is that neither Japan nor China has a legitimate claim to the islands...
That you continue to erroneously claim I'm on China's side, or spewing Chinese propaganda is clearly nonsense. Even if everything you said is true and you left out absolutely no other facts there is nothing controversial whatsoever about stating that there is a dispute over these islands. Even if Japan is completely in the right and China completely in the wrong there is still a dispute, otherwise we wouldn't be discussing it at all.

"There is nothing negative to say about Japan..." Well that shows who the biased poster in this thread is. Abe is unconstitutionally building up Japan's military over this issue, which is something negative to say. Diplomacy is the way forward, not belligerence. Which, again, is not to say that China isn't also being belligerent. They are. Conducting military exercises over the islands and unilaterally declaring them Chinese territory is an example of their belligerence.

As for floating Chinese propaganda, I'm going to need you to provide a link to that. All I've pointed out is that China was at one point one of the most advanced civilizations on the planet, and this was long before Japan flourished. And that's not a dig against Japan anymore than it's a dig against the United States to say that both China and Japan were advanced long before we were even a nation at all.

The point is that you have some vendetta against China, and you're projecting that onto those of us who point out that things aren't simply black and white by stating that we're propagandists for China and that we hate Japan. Get real.

You have demonstrated your hostility towards Japanese people by expecting them to not modify their constitution in order to be able to defend themselves against Chinese aggression. That shows on your part a clear disregard for safety and security of Japanese people. Your incessant anti Japanese posts are nothing but deplorable.
And your claim that the Japanese constitution was "modified" shows you don't know what you're talking about. The constitution wasn't modified but merely ignored.

Reinterpreting Article 9 endangers Japan s rule of law The Japan Times

Your anti Japan attitude is there for all to see. Japan has right to self defense. Interpretation of Japanese constitution is up to Japanese people not you. They are taking steps to defend themselves. That does not violate Japanese constitution. They are also working to modify the constitution. There is nothing wrong with that. But of course that will prevent China from carrying out vengeance. You do not want that. You want to see Japanese people suffer at the hands of Chinese. Shame on you.
Hilarious.

Anyone else seen the Chinese film, Back to 1941? The scale is huge, the story is riveting, and the acting is first rate. It's probably the finest film to come out of China yet. It's about the people of Henan Province who fled the coastal areas for the backcountry trying to stay ahead of the invading Japanese army. Two million of them died of starvation. The film concentrates on the terrible hardships suffered by a single family. "A Spectacular Epic"--Hollywood Reporter

At any rate, a nation that lost 12 million people at the hands of an invading army isn't so ready to forgive, just because the Japanese PM spends twenty minutes at the mike saying "I'm sorry."
Read "The Rape of Nanking".

China has a big score to settle with Japan.

They did not get their revenge, like the USSR got on Russia.

Payback would be a real bitch.
China has no score to settle with Japan. How many of the actual victims of any Japanese aggression are even still alive?

That was a first somewhat reasonable post from you that I can remember on this thread. China has to discard its vengeance oriented foreign policy and adopt live and let live attitude. Past cannot be undone. But Chinese clamor for vengeance against Japanese which will result in injustice against Japanese can be prevented and it should be. That is my position on this issue.
That's because you're delusional.

Kevin_Kennedy

I did not get your position wrong. I am talking about the stated position of yours on this thread about Senkaku dispute. It is quite possible that you may have meant to write something else and thought you were writing something else but ended up writing something entirely different. In that case, that is your fault not mine. Your sated position considers Senkaku Islands disputed territory. This is exactly what Chinese wanted. They have been successful at labeling Senku, an undisputed territory as disputed territory. That is not a neutral stance. On top of that you floated Chinese propaganda.

There is nothing negative to say about Japan so if you are not saying anything negative about Japan, it simply means that you are doing the right thing. Unfortunately however, there are quite a few negative things about China. Pointing out those actions of China which can be characterized as crimes against humanity (e.g., Tibet and Xinjiang), intimidation of weaker neighbors (e.g., Philippines), making irrational territorial claims with total disregard to peace and security (e.g., Japan, Vietnam, Philippines, India and so on) is not negativity against China. It is called obligation to speak truth. It is certainly not an attack on Chinese.

Japan's character as a responsible player in the region commands respect and credibility and is therefore relevant to the topic.
Here are my exact words with a link to the post that they appeared in so that everyone can see that there is no way to possibly get my position wrong, unless that position is inconvenient so you simply make up a straw man argument.
My position is that neither Japan nor China has a legitimate claim to the islands...
That you continue to erroneously claim I'm on China's side, or spewing Chinese propaganda is clearly nonsense. Even if everything you said is true and you left out absolutely no other facts there is nothing controversial whatsoever about stating that there is a dispute over these islands. Even if Japan is completely in the right and China completely in the wrong there is still a dispute, otherwise we wouldn't be discussing it at all.

"There is nothing negative to say about Japan..." Well that shows who the biased poster in this thread is. Abe is unconstitutionally building up Japan's military over this issue, which is something negative to say. Diplomacy is the way forward, not belligerence. Which, again, is not to say that China isn't also being belligerent. They are. Conducting military exercises over the islands and unilaterally declaring them Chinese territory is an example of their belligerence.

As for floating Chinese propaganda, I'm going to need you to provide a link to that. All I've pointed out is that China was at one point one of the most advanced civilizations on the planet, and this was long before Japan flourished. And that's not a dig against Japan anymore than it's a dig against the United States to say that both China and Japan were advanced long before we were even a nation at all.

The point is that you have some vendetta against China, and you're projecting that onto those of us who point out that things aren't simply black and white by stating that we're propagandists for China and that we hate Japan. Get real.

You have demonstrated your hostility towards Japanese people by expecting them to not modify their constitution in order to be able to defend themselves against Chinese aggression. That shows on your part a clear disregard for safety and security of Japanese people. Your incessant anti Japanese posts are nothing but deplorable.
And your claim that the Japanese constitution was "modified" shows you don't know what you're talking about. The constitution wasn't modified but merely ignored.

Your anti Japan attitude is there for all to see. Japan has right to self defense. Interpretation of Japanese constitution is up to Japanese people not you. They are taking steps to defend themselves. That does not violate Japanese constitution. They are also working to modify the constitution. There is nothing wrong with that. But of course that will prevent China from carrying out vengeance. You do not want that. You want to see Japanese people suffer at the hands of Chinese. Shame on you.
Hilarious.

You find Japanese people getting violated by Chinese aggression hilarious. This further tells me that you have an ax to grind with Japanese folks.

Anyone else seen the Chinese film, Back to 1941? The scale is huge, the story is riveting, and the acting is first rate. It's probably the finest film to come out of China yet. It's about the people of Henan Province who fled the coastal areas for the backcountry trying to stay ahead of the invading Japanese army. Two million of them died of starvation. The film concentrates on the terrible hardships suffered by a single family. "A Spectacular Epic"--Hollywood Reporter

At any rate, a nation that lost 12 million people at the hands of an invading army isn't so ready to forgive, just because the Japanese PM spends twenty minutes at the mike saying "I'm sorry."

China has no score to settle with Japan. How many of the actual victims of any Japanese aggression are even still alive?

That was a first somewhat reasonable post from you that I can remember on this thread. China has to discard its vengeance oriented foreign policy and adopt live and let live attitude. Past cannot be undone. But Chinese clamor for vengeance against Japanese which will result in injustice against Japanese can be prevented and it should be. That is my position on this issue.

You are arrogant and dishonest. Shame on you for wanting to see innocent Japanese folks suffer just to support China's vengeance oriented foreign policy. I personally would like to see both Japan and China live in peace but that is not going to happen as long as we have people like you supporting vengeance.

Hilarious.

You find Japanese people getting violated by Chinese aggression hilarious. This further tells me that you have an ax to grind with Japanese folks.
I find your delusions hilarious.

You are arrogant and dishonest. Shame on you for wanting to see innocent Japanese folks suffer just to support China's vengeance oriented foreign policy. I personally would like to see both Japan and China live in peace but that is not going to happen as long as we have people like you supporting vengeance.
Uh huh.

Perhaps we can TRADE China for a REDUCED DEBT payment for this one, AFTER the Manchurian muslim has left?

193558.png

He bitchslapped it forward 500 years..

He caused the deaths of tens of millions and delayed China's development by many decades, you idiot.

he certainly did kill lots of people-----he was quite a bastard---
the issue that is being thrown around here is the fact that
china is doing a lot better now than it did before Mao-----Mao
did not actually cause the famine there-----it kinda happened
without his help

Forum List

Back