China's chip capabilities just 3 years behind TSMC

Harpy Eagle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2017

An analysis of China's current semiconductor technology revealed that the country is approaching a level three years behind industry leader Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co., showing the limitations of U.S. efforts to stem Beijing's development of cutting-edge chips.

Hiroharu Shimizu, CEO of Tokyo-based TechanaLye, a semiconductor research company that disassembles 100 electronic devices a year, told Nikkei about China's capabilities.

Yet one more area the US is falling behind in.

I thought Biden invested trillions in chips?
Yep.

Competent spies will save another country those trillions when they steal the technology and the secret sauce.

As it were, I don't think China is only three years behind., Also, they require the raw materials for these chips which are exclusive to certain regions, I believe the Netherlands or some other Scandinavian country is critical in this process.

If China was only three years away they wouldn't be so eager to take Taiwan.

There are credible opinions that China was going to take Taiwan the same time Russia invaded Ukraine but Russias difficulties gave China pause to think about how much heavier their lifting would be. The problem is, the longer time passes, the more difficult confronting China will be, especially if the West bends the knee and essentially bribes them to play nice. You just pass the buck year after year until the mountain is impossible to climb

I thought Biden invested trillions in chips?
He did. A fabrication plant will take a decade to construct and have up and running. It doesn't just happen overnight.
We should have been doing this when the computer industry was growing by leaps and bounds in the 00's.
Who was President then? Or maybe when a certain spray tanned individual backed into the White House and blared night
and day about China. Instead of doing anything about it, he implemented tariffs that came back to bite us in the ass. :)

Forum List

Back