China's trade surplus with the US hits $309bn, an all-time record (Trump tariff fail)

Ted Frazier

Gold Member
Nov 12, 2016
Drc5-woV4AExeWn.jpg

I thought this whole thing was supposed to result in the opposite .
That’s what Trump told us.
Link: Simon Rabinovitch on Twitter

I wouldnt trust a guy who declared bankrupcy more than once.

Damn. If only history had examples of tariff's being harmful to the countries that impose them on themselves, we could have expected this.

So if you guys are still getting your cheap junk from your Communist Dictators, what's the problem?

Does this figure also include tariff revenue?

Thirdly. There was a report which I saw earlier and I wish I remembered where that suggested over the last few years Chinese and Iranian spies have killed 70 U.S assets due to them obtaining information. Are these the murderous sob's who kill your own citizens and allies that you want to support?

We are hurting ourselves, and the clock needs to be rolled back, the Genie put back in the bottle.

So if you guys are still getting your cheap junk from your Communist Dictators, what's the problem?

Thirdly. There was a report which I saw earlier and I wish I remembered where that suggested over the last few years Chinese and Iranian spies have killed 70 U.S assets due to them obtaining information. Are these the murderous sob's who kill your own citizens and allies that you want to support?

We are hurting ourselves, and the clock needs to be rolled back, the Genie put back in the bottle.
Where does tariff revenue come from, Canadian?

So if China isn’t hurt by it, and we add to our revenue with the tariffs, what’s the big outrage?

Where does tariff revenue come from, Canadian?

it doesn't matter, it is redistributed through the Federal Treasury. It helps your local companies become more fairly competitive and you are countering their tactics. Their nation has to pay a price also.

Nobody is making you purchase from enemy states. Pay a little more with a smile. Or, tell the company you are buying local, even better.

Drc5-woV4AExeWn.jpg

I thought this whole thing was supposed to result in the opposite .
That’s what Trump told us.
Link: Simon Rabinovitch on Twitter

Seriously! You see a chart like that and conclude the tariffs aren’t having an effect. Did your 3rd grader come up with that analysis? You took like 1 data points out of 80 and made a conclusion. Do yourself a favor, don’t wade into the deep end again.

I wouldnt trust a guy who declared bankrupcy more than once.
He never did

Actually he did.

Show me where Trump personally declared bankruptcy?

Not personal bankruptcy, corporate bankruptcy. His corporations.

Exactly, no big deal

Not a big deal to me, I’m just pointing out the fact that he has declared bankruptcy more than once, like you asked me to do.

What is your solution to the Chinese ripping us off on every front including IP theft? Or do you think that's just fine, let them do it?

Forum List

Back