Chinese ‘smart uniforms’ with built in GPS

There is a big difference between keeping track of children while they are in school or keeping track of employees working in a refinery that covers square miles of property compared to tracking people when they are on their own time.

Chances are pretty high you're already being tracked while you are on your "own time", unless of course you don't happen to carry a smartphone or use any services like Google, Facebook, MSN, Amazon, etc.., etc..,.

Location services are convenient but pretty much destroy any chance that someone isn't collecting and storing data on everywhere you go.

I wonder if it will be used by employers and if that makes it more palatable.

FYI:
It is already in use by at least one employer in the U.S., Three Square Market in Wisconsin has a pilot program ( begun 8/1/2017) that allows employees to volunteer to be implanted with a tiny RFID microchip initially used for things like door lock access, cafeteria payments.... can easily be used for location tracking as well.

Microchip Implants for Employees? One Company Says Yes

Eww.....the hell is wrong with people?

Yeah it's pretty crazy but the Millennials and younger (along with many Gen-X'ers) don't seem to be overly concerned with privacy. :dunno:

I don't think the younger generations realize they don't have any privacy simply because they grew up with smart phones, Instagram etc.

Yep and we're only at "step 1", where basically we're carrying around mobile surveillance systems (i.e. smartphones, especially Android based ones) that track everything we do online, everywhere we go in the real world and nearly every commercial transaction we make (what we buy), this preps our psychology (makes us accept it) for "step 2" .

I'd imagine the beginning of "step 2" will go something along the lines of some school system somewhere in the U.S. offering voluntary microchip implants for children (after all you can't turn off an implant, or lose it, or have it stolen) that will offer services like children being able to get into school without an ID, buying stuff in the school cafeteria without having a card or cash and letting parents check online to see if their kids are in school, what class they're currently in, etc.,. After awhile those implants will become MANDATORY for kids to be on school property in that school system and it'll just spread from there (i.e. State Level up to the Federal Level).

Once those implants are in and that digital marker has been assigned to a child, it'll never go away, more and more governmental functions (getting on a plane, getting a drivers license, using Medicare, etc..,) will first be made available via them (for convenience & safety) and then REQUIRE them... it's all for our own good after all, right? :cool:

There is a big difference between keeping track of children while they are in school or keeping track of employees working in a refinery that covers square miles of property compared to tracking people when they are on their own time.

Chances are pretty high you're already being tracked while you are on your "own time", unless of course you don't happen to carry a smartphone or use any services like Google, Facebook, MSN, Amazon, etc.., etc..,.

Location services are convenient but pretty much destroy any chance that someone isn't collecting and storing data on everywhere you go.

You are correct about smart phones, however, keeping track of children while they are at school isn't the same thing. All children don't carry a phone at all times while at school, and school personnel wouldn't have instant access to their phone's location anyway. A tracking device that is given to students ( pinned to their clothes? ) when they arrive, and they return upon leaving sounds like a good thing. An alarm activated when a child leaves school property during the day could save lives.

You are correct about smart phones, however, keeping track of children while they are at school isn't the same thing. All children don't carry a phone at all times while at school, and school personnel wouldn't have instant access to their phone's location anyway. A tracking device that is given to students ( pinned to their clothes? ) when they arrive, and they return upon leaving sounds like a good thing. An alarm activated when a child leaves school property during the day could save lives.

Don't worry, it's coming but it won't be a device "they return upon leaving" , it'll be one that sticks with them for the rest of their lives (implant) and it'll be sold as something "to keep our children safe".

Just for your own info, instant location tracking for a child's smartphone is easily available to parents and whomever the parents want to give it to (in other words a parent can see exactly where that smartphone is at all times just by using an app or going to a website and logging in).

Currently the average age when a child in the U.S. gets their first smartphone is just over 10 years old and steadily falling.

Don't worry, it's coming but it won't be a device "they return upon leaving" , it'll be one that sticks with them for the rest of their lives (implant) and it'll be sold as something "to keep our children safe".

Just for your own info, instant location tracking for a child's smartphone is easily available to parents and whomever the parents want to give it to (in other words a parent can see exactly where that smartphone is at all times just by using an app or going to a website and logging in).

Currently the average age when a child in the U.S. gets their first smartphone is just over 10 years old and steadily falling.

Sure. I've been hearing about "the mark of the beast" theories all my life. It was one of the main impediments to enacting Social Security. Religious nuts were screaming about a "slippery slope" back then, and it would be no time until the end of the world.

Sure. I've been hearing about "the mark of the beast" theories all my life. It was one of the main impediments to enacting Social Security. Religious nuts were screaming about a "slippery slope" back then, and it would be no time until the end of the world.

Ummm… that religious conspiracy nonsense has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

Put your ideology aside and look around at what's going on in the real world objectively, we're already conditioned to accept an almost complete loss of privacy thanks to mobile computing so the next step isn't a big leap, especially when it'll come attached to offers of all sorts of convenience and safety and the most common opening pitch is that it's "for the sake of the children".

You just said it yourself "when a child leaves school property during the day could save lives" YOU'VE ALREADY BOUGHT THE OPENING SALES PITCH !

Ummm… that religious conspiracy nonsense has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

Put your ideology aside and look around at what's going on in the real world objectively, we're already conditioned to accept an almost complete loss of privacy thanks to mobile computing so the next step isn't a big leap, especially when it'll come attached to offers of all sorts of convenience and safety and the most common opening pitch is that it's "for the sake of the children".

You just said it yourself "when a child leaves school property during the day could save lives" YOU'VE ALREADY BOUGHT THE OPENING SALES PITCH !

Are you saying that particular scenario shouldn't be one of our top priorities?

You are correct. In this country we have pretty much voluntarily ceded our privacy rights to private companies. Cell phones, watches, computers, laptops, car GPS systems, Alexa and related devises and just about anything with a microchip in it tracks your moves and decisions.

Conservatives like to think they are all for personal privacy rights, but most supported the patriot act and conservative courts will further erode your personal privacy rights from governmental intrusion. Conservative courts have a very expansive definition of governmental power in search and seizure cases.

We should be very concerned what China is doing. We should also be concerned with what is going on in this nation as well.

Last edited:

Are you saying that particular scenario shouldn't be one of our top priorities?

Er.. no, I'm not making a value judgement on society here, I'm pointing out where we're going and how it's likely to be initially sold to the public.

It's up to you to decide whether being implanted with a device that will track everything you do in exchange for offering all sorts of convenience and security is a worthwhile exchange, don't take too long to decide because the technology for it is nearly complete, we already have the back end infrastructure in place (thanks to the likes of Google, Facebook, Microsoft, etc..,), we already have buy in to the concept by the general public and we already have the transport infrastructure in place (cellular networks).

The only parts missing are capacity and latency (which 5G will solve), address space (which IPv6 solves) and miniaturization of the cellular radios and power sources (which is not far away).

]There is a big difference between keeping track of children while they are in school or keeping track of employees working in a refinery that covers square miles of property compared to tracking people when they are on their own time.
Maybe so but try and tell the Chinese Communist Party that.

It's up to you to decide whether being implanted with a device that will track everything you do in exchange for offering all sorts of convenience and security is a worthwhile exchange, don't take too long to decide because the technology for it is nearly complete, we already have the back end infrastructure in place (thanks to the likes of Google, Facebook, Microsoft, etc..,), we already have buy in to the concept by the general public and we already have the transport infrastructure in place (cellular networks).

The only parts missing are capacity and latency (which 5G will solve), address space (which IPv6 solves) and miniaturization of the cellular radios and power sources (which is not far away).
One of the many reasons I’m glad I’m old enough to know I won’t be on this planet much longer. How though parents manage to explain to their young offspring what the future holds is beyond me. Recently my friends 3 year old asked them. “Are they going to kill me with a bomb or poisen me to death” How do you answer questions like that?

I wonder if it will be used by employers and if that makes it more palatable.

FYI:
It is already in use by at least one employer in the U.S., Three Square Market in Wisconsin has a pilot program ( begun 8/1/2017) that allows employees to volunteer to be implanted with a tiny RFID microchip initially used for things like door lock access, cafeteria payments.... can easily be used for location tracking as well.

Microchip Implants for Employees? One Company Says Yes

Eww.....the hell is wrong with people?

Yeah it's pretty crazy but the Millennials and younger (along with many Gen-X'ers) don't seem to be overly concerned with privacy. :dunno:

I don't think the younger generations realize they don't have any privacy simply because they grew up with smart phones, Instagram etc.

Yep and we're only at "step 1", where basically we're carrying around mobile surveillance systems (i.e. smartphones, especially Android based ones) that track everything we do online, everywhere we go in the real world and nearly every commercial transaction we make (what we buy), this preps our psychology (makes us accept it) for "step 2" .

I'd imagine the beginning of "step 2" will go something along the lines of some school system somewhere in the U.S. offering voluntary microchip implants for children (after all you can't turn off an implant, or lose it, or have it stolen) that will offer services like children being able to get into school without an ID, buying stuff in the school cafeteria without having a card or cash and letting parents check online to see if their kids are in school, what class they're currently in, etc.,. After awhile those implants will become MANDATORY for kids to be on school property in that school system and it'll just spread from there (i.e. State Level up to the Federal Level).

Once those implants are in and that digital marker has been assigned to a child, it'll never go away, more and more governmental functions (getting on a plane, getting a drivers license, using Medicare, etc..,) will first be made available via them (for convenience & safety) and then REQUIRE them... it's all for our own good after all, right? :cool:

Well, it's going to be extra funny listening to the rational behind it and who that comes from. I had an argument a year or three ago here. I was ticked off because a mom had an autistic child that walked off regularly. Like they do. I'm trying to remember but I think he was nonverbal. She put a tracking device on him with a camera because he wouldn't respond. The school flipped their shit, treated her like shit. I think she needed to have it on his IEP. The school was unresponsive. The kid was suspended--I think. Can't have that it's an invasion of privacy. So......this will be popcorn eating fun.

I sided with the mom. Mom felt that she had to do something. But, that was a choice that mom made.

One of the many reasons I’m glad I’m old enough to know I won’t be on this planet much longer. How though parents manage to explain to their young offspring what the future holds is beyond me. Recently my friends 3 year old asked them. “Are they going to kill me with a bomb or poisen me to death” How do you answer questions like that?

Are you still here?

ec789kfgbf9w7sys3ii0-1-e1471970862595.jpg

The chip at the bottom of the I.D. card is trackable...........

Forum List

Back