Chips in Guns: Turn-Off Switch

Operation, reliability, how do you reset it when several people fire your weapons. The cops won't use them because they are unreliable now you want all gun owners to pay for them and hope they work. Stop being stupid. Oh, it's you. Nevermind.

How do you reset it when several people fire your weapons? Really?

How often do you lend your guns to other people Bigfoot?

And....................as far as being on a security force, when I was on the security force in Newport RI, there was only 1 weapon assigned to me, and I had it's serial number assigned to me and only me, until I was transferred.

Not gonna be a problem if the cops keep to one weapon (which they already do).

What? You think they switch guns at random just for fun?

My wife, friends, my boys, people at the range. My guns get fired by several people whenever I want them to be. You anti-gun guys are sure a stupid bunch that haven't a clue about the subject you want to stop other people from enjoying.

You know................I've had "friends" and "boys" and "my people" before. But I wouldn't even let them ride either my LeMond or my Harley (LeMond is my bicycle, Harley is my motorcycle), even though I'd known them several years.

If you wanted to ride my bikes, you had to have known me for several years and been able to earn my trust.

With a gun, I'd be even more strict.

And yeah......................if you wanted to make sure your family was safe, you could get ID's put on the gun for them, but not some random stranger you wanted to show off with. Let them buy their own guns.

Yeah, it would be real cool if my daughter was at home alone during a home invasion with a gun that wouldn't fire...

How do you reset it when several people fire your weapons? Really?

How often do you lend your guns to other people Bigfoot?

And....................as far as being on a security force, when I was on the security force in Newport RI, there was only 1 weapon assigned to me, and I had it's serial number assigned to me and only me, until I was transferred.

Not gonna be a problem if the cops keep to one weapon (which they already do).

What? You think they switch guns at random just for fun?

My wife, friends, my boys, people at the range. My guns get fired by several people whenever I want them to be. You anti-gun guys are sure a stupid bunch that haven't a clue about the subject you want to stop other people from enjoying.

You know................I've had "friends" and "boys" and "my people" before. But I wouldn't even let them ride either my LeMond or my Harley (LeMond is my bicycle, Harley is my motorcycle), even though I'd known them several years.

If you wanted to ride my bikes, you had to have known me for several years and been able to earn my trust.

And yeah......................if you wanted to make sure your family was safe, you could get ID's put on the gun for them, but not some random stranger you wanted to show off with. Let them buy their own guns.

That's about your stupidest post yet and that is saying a whole lot! A Harley is a motorcycle..really? Are you the only one that can start it? Ever?

Last edited:
Yeah, it would be real cool if my daughter was at home alone during a home invasion with a gun that wouldn't fire...

Then, if you're so scared, buy her a gun of her own that she can fire without your having to make it work first.

Wonder how that would work out the first time you grounded her..........................

I think if I was a Police Officer I wouldn't trust my life to some computer chip implant device.

That's about your stupidest post yet and that is saying a whole lot! A Harley is a motorcycle..really? Are you the only one that can start it? Ever?

Yeah..............a Harley IS a motorcycle, one of the first developed to be exact, and one of the ones that the U.S. Military used in WWII.

Am I the only one that can start it? Nope, but I'm the only one with the key. Some may be able to hotwire it, but it won't be easy.

Next?

Then, if you're so scared, buy her a gun of her own that she can fire without your having to make it work first.

Wonder how that would work out the first time you grounded her..........................

It's not about being scared. That is just one of a MILLION possible scenarios.

My wife owns a 9mm, a .380 a .243, a 20 gauge shotgun and a .22 rifle dumb ass. And guess what...more people then her fire them on a regular basis.

So, get her a gun of her own. Remember..................according to you gun nuts, the more you have, the safer you are.

Why won't you let her have a gun of her own?

Yeah..............a Harley IS a motorcycle, one of the first developed to be exact, and one of the ones that the U.S. Military used in WWII.

Am I the only one that can start it? Nope, but I'm the only one with the key. Some may be able to hotwire it, but it won't be easy.

Next?

Wow, you own a real Harley huh? Geez dude you are so cool.

Next?

Owning a Harley wasn't the thing that made it cool............................

Riding it and getting the experience of meeting new people and seeing new things was.

So, get her a gun of her own. Remember..................according to you gun nuts, the more you have, the safer you are.

I would... you are intentionally missing the point or you are dim. Take Sandy Hook - add a cop who gets killed and a principal picking up his gun --- worthless... like I said - a MILLION scenarios...

I would... you are intentionally missing the point or you are dim. Take Sandy Hook - add a cop who gets killed and a principal picking up his gun --- worthless... like I said - a MILLION scenarios...

Quick question.......................can you provide a reliable link to a news source that shows that either a cop was killed defending children, or a principal in the school was picking up a gun to defend those children in Sandy Hook?

I bet you can't.

Next?

Riding it and getting the experience of meeting new people and seeing new things was.

I met new people riding Harleys and sometimes the wannabes got knocked right off of them. Strange thing was now and then their bikes didn't even go home with them... weird eh? Some of those motor cycle riders can be pretty funny sometimes. ~shrug~

Quick question.......................can you provide a reliable link to a news source that shows that either a cop was killed defending children, or a principal in the school was picking up a gun to defend those children in Sandy Hook?

I bet you can't.

Did you NOT see where I said "ADD A" before "cop and principal..."???

You are just dim --- sorry... I thought you were capable of intelligent discussion...

I met new people riding Harleys and sometimes the wannabes got knocked right off of them. Strange thing was now and then their bikes didn't even go home with them... weird eh? Some of those motor cycle riders can be pretty funny sometimes. ~shrug~

You're right..............18,000 and 18 miles don't make you a biker.

Me? I've got thousands of miles under my saddle. I've ridden from Norfolk Va to Newport RI (yeah..............I have a connection with that place), as well as have ridden from Norfolk VA to Amarillo, and been to Sturgis 3 times from Amarillo as well (not to mention all the other trips I took when I retired).

Wannabees don't know how to fix their bikes, real riders do, and I know how to fix a Harley.

I bet you can't.

Did you NOT see where I said "ADD A" before "cop and principal..."???

You are just dim --- sorry... I thought you were capable of intelligent discussion...

Oh....................sorry......................missed the "add a" in the conversation.

Didn't realize that you were speaking of situations that didn't occur. Sorry I didn't buy into the fear mongering.

How do my threads always degenerate into off-topic comments? Why are we discussing Harleys?.....The thread was not about Harley Davidson, but kill switches on guns...Hello...? Is it the purpose of others to kill the threads?

If a gun could be fired electronically rather than by the mechanical impact of the hammer on the bullet, then you could create an electronic failsafe in series with the electronic firing circuit.

Yes, and if we could learn to fire them telepathically, no one would ever get arrested for murder with a handgun.

O brave new world.

Like trigger locks, "smart guns" have a mechanical interface thatcan be disabled by someone with some time and the proper tools.

Thus, this will do nothing to keep criminals from getting and using guns.

but they would stop a criminal from grabbin a cops gun and escaping or shooting someone.
This is a good Idea for law enforcements guns.

Forum List

Back