Chris Cornell and Tiger Woods illustrate how dangerous prescription drugs are.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
We seem to be a celebrity driven society. The fact that tens of thousands have died from prescription/Opiod based drugs doesn't seem to get anyone's attention. Now Chris Cornell has killed himself in an Opiod induced suicide and Tiger Woods was found asleep in has car with two blown out tires also heavily medicated. Tiger could easily have died in a rollover wreck. So maybe the fact that celebrities are being destroyed with Opiates, the crisis will get the attention it deserves. Lets hope so because the next victim could be your kid, your brother, your Mom or your Dad. These drugs play no favorites.

Interestingly enough, when CO legalized marijuana for recreational use, opiate overdoses went down by 25 percent and have continued to drop.

When people have a choice between marijuana and prescription drugs, most choose marijuana, and have better results as well.

Interestingly enough, when CO legalized marijuana for recreational use, opiate overdoses went down by 25 percent and have continued to drop.

When people have a choice between marijuana and prescription drugs, most choose marijuana, and have better results as well.
I'd rather more people died of drug overdose than have more potheads running around.

I'd rather more people died of drug overdose than have more potheads running around.
Shame that shit ain't linked, eh.

We seem to be a celebrity driven society. The fact that tens of thousands have died from prescription/Opiod based drugs doesn't seem to get anyone's attention. Now Chris Cornell has killed himself in an Opiod induced suicide and Tiger Woods was found asleep in has car with two blown out tires also heavily medicated. Tiger could easily have died in a rollover wreck. So maybe the fact that celebrities are being destroyed with Opiates, the crisis will get the attention it deserves. Lets hope so because the next victim could be your kid, your brother, your Mom or your Dad. These drugs play no favorites.
Or it may be Rush.

Thats because youre ill informed and just plain stupid. Did you actually think your idiotic post made sense? :laugh:

Thats because youre ill informed and just plain stupid. Did you actually think your idiotic post made sense? :laugh:
Have you ever felt making sense was what he was reaching for?

Shame that shit ain't linked, eh.

You're right........here ya go.....................

Legalizing Marijuana Decreases Fatal Opiate Overdoses, Study Shows

Despite the skeptics, legal marijuana is having a positive impact on the opioid crisis

Would legalizing medical marijuana help curb the opioid epidemic?

You'd rather see people die? Some kind of compassionate person you are.

And, if any of you here have VICE channel on your cable system, I highly recommend watching a show on VICE called "Weediquette", especially the ones where NFL players are wanting to use marijuana instead of opiates (episode is titled Gridiron Ganja), and the other one where they are using marijuana to treat heroin addiction, because heroin withdrawl makes the people going through it nervous, nauseous and they have severe joint pain, all 3 of which marijuana can help alleviate.

I agree with you. Opiods are way too addictive and deadly to be freely prescribed as pain killers. This is the drug industry working in conjunction with Doctors to make money at the expense of lives.

I agree with you. Opiods are way too addictive and deadly to be freely prescribed as pain killers. This is the drug industry working in conjunction with Doctors to make money at the expense of lives.

You know, it's the over prescribing of prescription opiates that is creating the heroin problem we have in the USA today. People go to their doctor, their doctor prescribes opiates, the person takes them for the time prescribed, person gets addicted to opiates, doctor shuts them off.

Then, the only recourse the person has to get the same effect is to turn to heroin.

Got news for you people..............marijuana isn't the gateway drug to heroin, it's prescription opiates.

I guarentee I cant get the same stuff the celebs do......cant even get real percocet when you ask for it since the fake doesnt work so you get to walk around in pain

You've been conditioned by the same kind of propaganda that inspired Reefer Madness.

The fact is opoids, per se, are not the problem. Abuse of these pain managing medicines are.

I can tell you from personal experience that when some (most?) doctors write an opioid prescription they don't take the time to warn and explain the addictive potential. They just write it and make some casual reference to it.

Or it may be Rush.
Sure it may be Rush whom you hate, or someone you love.

When I had surgery on my foot, on the bone and nerves, no doctor prescribed any pain killers at all. Just grit your teeth. I had several follow up surgeries. No doctor would prescribe anything. One told me to take tylenol another recommended benedryl. 7 months of surgery and recovery.

I have no sympathy for those wanting pain killers or pot. Give them all a pain l ess overdose.

You'd rather see people die? Some kind of compassionate person you are.
I have a lot of compassion. I care about society, you don't care if people run around doped up. That's not good for society.

Both times I fell and broke my wrist, doctors quickly prescribed oxy. My wife recently broke her ankle and, of course, they gave her opiods to help ease the pain - she's refused to take them.

Forum List

Back