Chrisitans leave scripture instead of tips

The 4 wife limit was for the ummah. (muslim community) .

Still 4 too many......... :eek:
Why do you say that?

All of the Prophets in the Bible had more than 1 wife and God never called it sin. .. :cool:

Sympathy for Muslim wives I guess. I'd be beheaded before the marriage service was even over. And I'd suffocate in that head gear. And the ends could get caught in the wheels of my convertible like Isadora Duncan.........
It just wouldn't work out for us Sunni. :lol:

Chuck is right, 2 people joined as one in the garden. Wives didn't bode well for Solomon. :eek:
It is man's decision to add more to God's plan, and in doing so removes the unusual bond God intended between two lovers when they join as one.
And a man that is willing to put up with PMS X 4 doesn't exist, so..

Marriage is defined by God and His ideal is against polygamy Genesis 2:24.

Genesis 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
Once again, Moses, Lot, Abraham, Solomon, David, and other Prophets of the Bible had several wives.

And not once did God tell them it was a sin or forbid the practice of polygamy.

And Jesus never spoke against it either. . :cool:

It is called adultery and fornication.
Fornication is sex by unmarried people; and adultery is sex out side of marriage.

The O.T. prophets were legally married under Jewish Law.

So neither fornication or adultery apply to the Prophets whom had multiple wives. . :cool:

Once again, Moses, Lot, Abraham, Solomon, David, and other Prophets of the Bible had several wives.

And not once did God tell them it was a sin or forbid the practice of polygamy.

And Jesus never spoke against it either. . :cool:

It is called adultery and fornication.
Fornication is sex by unmarried people; and adultery is sex out side of marriage.

The O.T. prophets were legally married under Jewish Law.

So neither fornication or adultery apply to the Prophets whom had multiple wives. . :cool:

Polygamy is Adultery because the man is already married and God's plan was to recognize the first marriage. So if you have two people that are married, it is a pretty good chance that they are no longer virgins. Having a third person enter in who is a virgin is committing adultery by having sex with someone who is already married even though they have entered a polygamous marriage and since it isn't God's plan, it is probably fornication because it isn't God's plan. Marriage is a picture of the bride (the church) and Christ. Adultery or polygamy is a picture of the turning aside of the true God for idols. When you can't devote your whole self to one then you are turning aside to another and Solomon is an example whose many foreign wives turned his heart from the true and living God to idols. It is a source of sexual immorality.

This is how I see it but our marriage vows were to love each other above all others and if there is another person in the marriage then I can't love my wife above all others and it would be treating my wife with lesser equality so we wouldn't be one flesh. It is defrauding the other person of what is theirs:

1 Corinthians 7:5 Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency.

1 Corinthians 6:8 Nay, ye do wrong, and defraud, and that your brethren.

Where did Adam's children get their wives? Where did Cain get his wife? Without the ordination of marriage, sex outside of marriage or touching your spouse before marriage is incest. If God didn't ordain a second wife then what is it? Incest?

Last edited:
Once again, God never condemned polygamy or those who practiced it.

Yet, you try to speak for God and force people into bondage.

Matthew 15:9 "They worship me in vain; their teachings are merely human rules.'"

Once again, God never condemned polygamy or those who practiced it.

Yet, you try to speak for God and force people into bondage.

Matthew 15:9 "They worship me in vain; their teachings are merely human rules.'"

In this light, here is what God instructed all kings: “When you are come unto the land which the Lord your God gives you, and shall possess it, and shall dwell therein, and shall say, I will set a king over me, like as all the nations that are about me…But he shall not multiply horses to himself, nor cause the people to return to Egypt, to the end that he should multiply horses…Neither shall he multiply wives to himself, that his heart turn not away…” (Deut. 17:14, 16-17). Consider all that God could have instructed regarding kings and their conduct. Yet, He listed only a handful of points of paramount importance. Abstaining from polygamy was among them—and verses 18 and 19 state that it was “LAW”!

Recognize the basic fact that God prepared one wife for Adam. This is the Bible pattern, and God does not change (Mal. 3:6; Heb. 13:8). This is why Saul was punished for polygamy and David was also punished, but forgiven upon repentance. We saw that the sin of polygamy overtook Solomon, and in time God also punished him by taking the kingdom from his son, Rehoboam, just as He had rent the kingdom away from Saul’s house and given it to David’s house (forever).

The Truth About Polygamy

the bible says a lot of stupid stuff...do you make your wife move out of the house when she starts her period? call you master.....buy slaves from other tribes

Lipsher: What would Jesus tip? - The Denver Post

Of all the sanctimonious excuses for being cheap, there is a fad among Christians of leaving fake $10 bills with scripture on the back instead of a real tip.

A study found that self-identified Christians are twice as cheap as Jews when giving tips.

If I ever saw a Christian leaving a fake $10 tip with scripture I'd knock it to the floor and tip the waitress for them.

I'd probably get so angry I'd cuss the cheapskate out to their face.

Your post is as ridiculous as the ‘scripture tip.’

You’d likely end up charged with felony assault.

But, yes, the ‘scripture tip’ is indeed sanctimonious, an example of the thoughtless arrogance of many Christians, to believe that the dogma of their faith has some 'value' to everyone.

It does not.

Felony assault?

For cussing somebody out?

You don't know what you are talking about.

Actually He strongly advised against it and referred to wife, not wives. From the Garden came our example. A murderer started the practice of more than one wife, not God.

It wasn&#8217;t until sin made man fall that polygamy occurs. Cain was cursed, Lamech is a descendent of Cain and the first to practice polygamy. The first time polygamous relationship is found in the Bible is with a thriving rebellious society in sin; when a murderer named &#8220;Lamech, (a descendant of another murderer, Cain) took for himself two wives&#8221; (Gen.4:19, 23).< Gen. 4. It didn't take long!

And while it became a practice of man, man was never blessed for it, but was punished for it. Abraham, David, Solomon, all suffered the consequences of multiple wives.
Here is the warning from God regarding it, and the reason for it being a bad idea:

Deut. 17:14-17: &#8220;I will set a king over me like all the nations that are around me,' &#8220;you shall surely set a king over you whom the LORD your God chooses; one from among your brethren you shall set as king over you; you may not set a foreigner over you, who is not your brother. But he shall not multiply horses for himself, nor cause the people to return to Egypt to multiply horses, for the LORD has said to you, 'You shall not return that way again.' &#8220;Neither shall he multiply wives for himself, lest his heart turn away; nor shall he greatly multiply silver and gold for himself.&#8221;

The New testament is even more clear:
1 Cor: 7:2
Each man should have his own wife, and let each woman have her own husband&#8221;

Titus 1:6-9 ...if anyone is above reproach, the husband of one wife, and his children are believers and not open to the charge of debauchery or insubordination.

God gave Adam one wife, Eve, not Eve and Tanya.

Last edited:
There are millions of Christians living in Europe and they do not tip ever :rolleyes:

My mother in law overtips and gives people tips they don't deserve. She is christian.

I do as well. And I do that because my children worked in restaurants when they were in college. If they can do math anyone who can be a waiter can be a nurse. It involves organization and time management skills and is not an easy job. I tip 20%. Many restaurants are giving tickets that tell you what the tip would be at 15% and 20%. If the service sucks, I complain about it. But I still tip.

Lipsher: What would Jesus tip? - The Denver Post

Of all the sanctimonious excuses for being cheap, there is a fad among Christians of leaving fake $10 bills with scripture on the back instead of a real tip.

A study found that self-identified Christians are twice as cheap as Jews when giving tips.

If I ever saw a Christian leaving a fake $10 tip with scripture I'd knock it to the floor and tip the waitress for them.

I'd probably get so angry I'd cuss the cheapskate out to their face.

Your post is as ridiculous as the ‘scripture tip.’

You’d likely end up charged with felony assault.

But, yes, the ‘scripture tip’ is indeed sanctimonious, an example of the thoughtless arrogance of many Christians, to believe that the dogma of their faith has some 'value' to everyone.

It does not.

Felony assault?

For cussing somebody out?

You don't know what you are talking about.

Cursing someone out can indeed be construed as assault:

Assault

the crime or tort of threatening or attempting to inflict immediate offensive physical contact or bodily harm that one has the present ability to inflict and that puts the victim in fear of such harm or contact.

Assault - FindLaw
And knocking the ‘scripture tip’ to the floor would certainly enhance the fear of the victim that bodily harm is imminent, exposing you to a possible charge of felony assault, depending on jurisdiction.

Let’s hope your propensity toward violence is on the internet only.

Forum List

Back