Christian Conservative Hate Group causes cancellation of Tea Party Rally

So "I" am a "group?"

And I was under the impression that Sky Dancer is a lesbian. If I'm wrong I'm wrong. Whatever.

I support Civil Unions for homos. What more do you want? You want me to accept your perversion? Ain't gonna happen. It's sick, disgusting, and turns my stomach. Course I've told you that a hundred times, and I'll tell you that another hundred times if you'd like.

I don't hate the person, I hate the perversion, the sin. You homos are free to do whatever you want as far as I'm concerned. Just don't try and push it on me. Keep it to yourself.

Isn't it interesting how people like you think more about gay sex than we gays do? That always struck me as so very odd.

So now you want to attempt to demonize me by insinuating I'm exactly what you are? :cuckoo:
Nah, just that you social authoritarians like to talk about sexuality and sex acts a lot of the time...

...You're like the fascist police officers of homosexuality and homosexuals.

Last edited:
I have a question for the christians here:

Take a pause, read the MassResistence website, and reflect please:

Now can any of you tell me what is "christian" about this group? Isn't it just a wee bit possible that hate is the real agenda and "christian" is just a dodge?

Do any of you know of this group (before this story broke, I mean)? Does it have any sort of relationship to your church? Cuz I look at it and see nothing but a web version of the Westboro Baptist Church...and if these are christians, then the word simply has no meaning.

Twenty years ago, these people most likely would have been claiming to be "patriots" and aiming their hate at blacks or women. Do you really want to remain passive when others with bad intentions take the name of your faith and make it synoymous with hate....or do you mebbe sometimes wanna criticisize the fake christians who do harm in your faith's name?

I have a question for you.

What is wrong with fighting back against an agenda, designed to destroy the Christian idea of marriage?

Hate my foot. That's self defense.

Gays attacked first!

We didn't say, "hey let's change the idea of homsexuality."

They came in and said, "let's change the idea of marriage, remove that plank of morality, and then we will further degrade morals in this country so we have make more recruits!"

And we should do nothing???????????????

I don't think so.

Destroy it, by wanting to take part in it. Yeah, that makes a boatload of sense. Your entire argument here is silly, what you're implying here is that it's okay to be anti-gay, but not anti-Christian. You can hate some groups, but not others. The all mysterious and encompassing 'they' attacked 'first.' Attacked how? By wanting to be legally married to someone of the same-sex and receive all the benefits that normally apply? Attacked what? Marriage, or your Christian idea of marriage? Marriage isn't a Christian invention, while it is a tradition, so who is a Christian Church to say what the idea of marriage is actually about?

Really, with a name that includes the phrase 'tea party,' I hope you don't wonder why it often comes with allegations of being a hate group.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

You know the defintion of a liberal losing an argument. One that has to call you a racist or a "hate" group.

When you start that you are telling me you are losing the argument.

As for benefits.

OH YOU HAVE TO NOT BE MARRIED? Benefits? What, that you can get family insurance?

You don't need to be married to get that? As for the so called "tax" benefit.

Trust me, a single person can live far cheaper. Hell, I've known people who divorce, but are still living together as married, simply because it's too expensive to stay married!

So, those arguments are still just BS arguments.

Anyone really married, KNOWS THAT.

So, again, that's why those arguments haven't worked. It's just an attempt to hide behind an agenda.

And the agenda is pretty obvious, when after thousands of years, you just HAVE to have marriage.

It doesn't wash.

How is a person's right to live without the fear this MassResistence group seeks to instill in GLBT people reducable to which bathroom people use? I have been in men's rooms...likely every chick my age has at one time or another. I've seen men in women's bathrooms too. It never occurred to me at the time this was a Huge Fucking Deal.

Trivializing the most personal and deeply felt aspect of someone else's life experience for sport -- how terribly "christian" of any of you.

So, because you are brainless, and don't think of the implications of this, it's okay. Typical.

OBVIOUSLY, doesn't have ANY CHILDREN.

No, don't look at the dangers of this, just be more focussed on your own self centered vanity at showing everyone how you don't hate.

So, it's all about YOU, and how YOU feel, instead of any dangers of having men, in the ladies rest room as long as they wear women's clothes.

Why are 20 something girls so damn stupid?

Egad, it makes me want to apologize to everyone for once being a 20 something girl!

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

LOL. I was gonna express my outrage at you till I read the part where you think I'm in my 20's. I'll be 57 tomorrow, you nitwit. Do you think only the young are capable of mutual respect?

O, and by the way I have a kid. She's seen men in ladies' rooms too, and has not melted.

Before unisex bathrooms, it was fairly common for dads on their own to take their little girls to the bathroom in the ladies' room. In some crowded public spaces, any available stall is good enough, though that's usually chicks wandering into men's rooms. Sometimes people make mistakes about the signs.

I don't know of any recorded case of someone suffering from some deep emotional damage because they had to wash their hands next to a stranger whose gender was not what they expected...do you?

Are those fathers dressed as women, brainless??????? :lol::lol::lol:

Did you think that was going to work?

Using fathers taking little girls in the rest room as the same thing????

No way you are 57! If you are, then it just proves that not all people gain wisdom with age.

What's anti-gay about not wanting sexuality promoted to children?

I get so tired of being labeled as a hater for not approving of open promotion of homosexuality.
I don't think sex should be taught to children period, beyond the basic stuff.

I think the parents should be in charge of that, but hey, that's a radical idea these days isn't it?

It is a lie and an evil one that any GLBT adult seeks to "recruit" children. Homosexuality is no more about sex with kids than heterosexuality is. Pedophilia is a twisted sister all its own.

Thankies, Immie. You are always a note of fairness even when we vigorously disagree.

IMO, MassResistence is "christian" in the same way that the KKK is...or that Timothy McVeigh was a "patriot". Seems to me, people who really are should be even more outraged than I over misappropriation of their group's name.

What are we supposed to do about it?

We Christians believe that we are known by the fruits of our labors and that others are as well.

I made a statement about a year ago. I said, George W. Bush was no conservative and I got lamblasted by liberals for daring to insinuate that he was a liberal. He was "our" problem not theirs.

I do not see MassResistance as a Christian Organization. From my looking at their site, I don't much like what I see. I don't agree with them. I'm not overly fond of the Gay Rights Movement, but neither am I fond of the idea of discrimination against GLBT. I'd rather let people live their own lives as long as they leave me and mine alone. I do not see eye to eye with MassResistance or Westboro Baptist Church. In fact, as far as I am concerned WBC is anti-Christian... totally opposed to the word of God.

Groups such as these have the legal right to call themselves Christian if they want to do so. I have no right to deny them such rights. They will prove themselves for what they are in time.

The KKK has never been Christian despite the fact that they use Christian symbols. Satan has the ability to "appear" as an angel of light. The KKK is Satan on earth.

Timothy McVeigh was no patriot.

Immie

Yes, Immie, they do have a legal right to use the word "christian". It would just be nice if more people like you gave some thought as to whether they really are, and if not, pointed that out.

Too many react to labels, and not to conduct. The labels have power, much as we might wish otherwise and if they are misappropriated, that should be vocally objected to.

Thankies again for a fair-minded reply.

We can only protest so much. After that we lose our effectiveness. Better to let the love of Christ shine in our lives and let the opposite be exposed by those who claim affiliation with us. That will eventually become evident to those with a fair mind.

Immie

I have a question for you.

What is wrong with fighting back against an agenda, designed to destroy the Christian idea of marriage?

Hate my foot. That's self defense.

Gays attacked first!

We didn't say, "hey let's change the idea of homsexuality."

They came in and said, "let's change the idea of marriage, remove that plank of morality, and then we will further degrade morals in this country so we have make more recruits!"

And we should do nothing???????????????

I don't think so.

There are many, many GLBT gay people. There are many, many straight christian folk who accept and respect gay people.

I have a question for you.....how is someone else's dignity, security and respect degrading to yours?

Who is degrading WHO'S DIGNITY, SECURITY AND PRIVACY????????

I didn't decide to change aspects of the gay life style.

It was the gays who decided to attack marriage.

Nice try.

Like I said. IN THE THOUSANDS OF YEARS OF LITERATURE ABOUT HOMSEXUALITY, AT NO TIME WAS THERE EVER A MENTION OF MARRIAGE.

NOW, all of a sudden out of the blue, after thousands of years going back to Ancient Greece and the touted homosexual relationship like Hercules and Hylas; NOW we have to gay marraige.

Sorry, that screams, POLITICAL AGENDA.

That screams desperate attack on something in the way of increasing gays' numbers and power in the US and that's CHRISTIAN MORALITY. That's TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE.

And everyone knows it or they would be voting for gay marriage at the polls. NO one is, because they KNOW what the gays are up to and they aren't fooling no one.

So, keep up your rhetoric, I'll keep stating the facts.

There have been NO same-sex unions in history? You REALLY want to bet all the rest of your chips on that?

So, because you are brainless, and don't think of the implications of this, it's okay. Typical.

OBVIOUSLY, doesn't have ANY CHILDREN.

No, don't look at the dangers of this, just be more focussed on your own self centered vanity at showing everyone how you don't hate.

So, it's all about YOU, and how YOU feel, instead of any dangers of having men, in the ladies rest room as long as they wear women's clothes.

Why are 20 something girls so damn stupid?

Egad, it makes me want to apologize to everyone for once being a 20 something girl!

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

LOL. I was gonna express my outrage at you till I read the part where you think I'm in my 20's. I'll be 57 tomorrow, you nitwit. Do you think only the young are capable of mutual respect?

O, and by the way I have a kid. She's seen men in ladies' rooms too, and has not melted.

Before unisex bathrooms, it was fairly common for dads on their own to take their little girls to the bathroom in the ladies' room. In some crowded public spaces, any available stall is good enough, though that's usually chicks wandering into men's rooms. Sometimes people make mistakes about the signs.

I don't know of any recorded case of someone suffering from some deep emotional damage because they had to wash their hands next to a stranger whose gender was not what they expected...do you?

Are those fathers dressed as women, brainless??????? :lol::lol::lol:

Did you think that was going to work?

Using fathers taking little girls in the rest room as the same thing????

No way you are 57! If you are, then it just proves that not all people gain wisdom with age.

Yup, almost 57. Read it and weep. I can prove it too...ask me anything about the 1960s.

Except sports, LOL.

Pale Rider will always excuse anything done by far right harassment groups. There is no point in assuming otherwise.

And I can always count on you homos coming out of the wood work to demonize me or anyone else every time they voice their opinion against your homo agenda.

You're all to predictable.

If you aren't gay yourself, and have no loved ones who are, then why does this issue trip your trigger every time?

I mean good grief...I care deeply about people not picking endangered wildflowers, but I ain't hanging around every hiking trial annoying folks about it. It is not front and center in my life, yanno?

Maybe that's because Christians aren't coming after YOUR kids, the gays come after ours.

The Boy Scouts, the schools, marriage.

Hell, Stone Wall Union got thrown out of the Ohio State Fair a few years ago, because they were handing out recruiting info TO KIDS ONLY, right in front of their parents.

When the complaints came rolling in, Ohio State Fair reps told them to get OUT and not come back.

If it isn't about recuiting our children, why are they always attacking ANY Institution that has children, MARRIAGE INCLUDED.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Last edited:
hahahah, could they have gotten any more into this TITLE

Christian Conservative HATE group.

what a JOKE.
Did you follow the links to the MassResistance group? Read their website and then tell us what a JOKE it truly is.
I did.
This is their take on why it was canceled:
MassResistance has talked to several people and gotten first-hand accounts of what happened.

It apparently started with Christen Varley, head of the "Greater Boston Tea Party", a different Tea Party organization than the Lexington group. Varley is also an employee of Massachusetts Family Institute (MFI), a "moderate" pro-family group, through an MFI affiliate that consults with political candidates. (Some would say that is a conflict of interest.) She also has strong ties to the state Republican establishment.

This week Varley contacted the Lexington Tea Party's speakers and advised them -- in fairly strong terms -- not to appear if Camenker was included. Then she called Jesse Segovia, informed him she had contacted the speakers, and advised him not to have Camenker as part of the event. Varley did this even though she had no official connection with the Lexington event.

About that same time Jesse started getting calls from his speakers. They specifically mentioned Camenker and said they were canceling if Camenker was involved. He even got a call from the Lexington Minuteman newspaper. To his credit, he refused to back down to that pressure. But eventually so many speakers cancelled, that he cancelled the event entirely -- which apparently was Varley's objective.

There is no ''agenda'' to recruit kids.

That's fundy hogwash and fundy propaganda rhetoric.

And if a couple is legally married in one state, each other state should recognize their marriage instead of behaving like 3rd world countries where law-abiding, tax-paying citizens are afraid to visit in case they had an accident or get sick.

Well, I'm sorry but those against that have a say to, and "law abiding" people shouldn't be able to undermine the desires of a state against gay marriage, by simply marrying in another state.

So, you are against the U.S. Constitution then.

What? The US constitution has gay marriage in it? Show me where?

Not even close.

Nice try!

All of what you say is true, Immie. Except prominent tea party members/leaders could have condemned the likes of Mark Williams months ago for hate speech, and did not. Just because there is no perfect solution does not mean that total passivity is the answer.

And as I have said, some of the tea party's (apparent) messages have resonance for me. I am pretty tired of trying to revitalize the Republican Party and might jump ship....but never, as long as hate speech is tolerated. This presence among them of a few (several, many, who knows) with that agenda marks the group as off-limits to some (many, most, who knows) that could turn this grass roots movement into a real political party. But for that to happen, the movement must divorce itself from hate, publicly, once and for all.

I dun wanna discuss the nation's finances with former members of the John Birch Society, yanno?

A couple of weeks ago, I made similar statements about the leaders of the tea party movement denouncing racists in their midst. I am not a tea partier and have no intention of becoming one, but several people told me that denouncing it in their midst would only give their enemies more ammunition against them, and I have to say, that makes sense.

For the time being, I am going with the assumption that at least a few of the individuals that are holding racists and/or stupid signs are hateful liberals trying to detract from the message of the tea party.

Immie

Some statements should offend everytime, Immie...and having given offense, be met with resistence. And this excus-a-rama that racist signs etc. at tea party gatherings are merely the subversive work of liberal conspiracists is beneath you.

Would you reach for such apologies if the KKK wanted to march in your city, or would you instead stand on the sidelines and voice your public opposition?

No one has yet proven that anyone holding a racist sign at a tea party event is a follower of the tea party movement, nor that any of the myriads of signs that we have been shown in this site were even present at a tea party event.

Posting something on the internet and claiming that it is so, does not actually make it so.

Immie

Well, I'm sorry but those against that have a say to, and "law abiding" people shouldn't be able to undermine the desires of a state against gay marriage, by simply marrying in another state.

Not even close.

Nice try!

Try the 14th Amendment, First Amendment's freedom of association, Article IV's privileges and immunities, just to start.

But they' are actually wrong...the Constitution doesn't "give" rights...it just protects the government from infringing on you.

:lol:
Wanting to be legally married is "attacking marriage"? :lol::lol::lol: Really? You just said that? :lol::lol::lol:

Then explain why there has been no mention of marriage EVER, going back to Ancient Greece, until now?

Why, all of a sudden is it soooooooo urgent?

:lol::lol::lol:

You say there is no mention of marriage EVER? Seriously? Prove that assertion.

Oh PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol: That's a nice try.

If you can find one mention of gay marriage in ancient greek lit, let me know.

There are many, many GLBT gay people. There are many, many straight christian folk who accept and respect gay people.

I have a question for you.....how is someone else's dignity, security and respect degrading to yours?

Who is degrading WHO'S DIGNITY, SECURITY AND PRIVACY????????

I didn't decide to change aspects of the gay life style.

It was the gays who decided to attack marriage.

Nice try.

Like I said. IN THE THOUSANDS OF YEARS OF LITERATURE ABOUT HOMSEXUALITY, AT NO TIME WAS THERE EVER A MENTION OF MARRIAGE.

NOW, all of a sudden out of the blue, after thousands of years going back to Ancient Greece and the touted homosexual relationship like Hercules and Hylas; NOW we have to gay marraige.

Sorry, that screams, POLITICAL AGENDA.

That screams desperate attack on something in the way of increasing gays' numbers and power in the US and that's CHRISTIAN MORALITY. That's TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE.

And everyone knows it or they would be voting for gay marriage at the polls. NO one is, because they KNOW what the gays are up to and they aren't fooling no one.

So, keep up your rhetoric, I'll keep stating the facts.

Please explain to why a homosexual marriage degrades a heterosexual one? Unless, of course, you're still licking your wounds over the loss of anti-miscegnation laws.

Please explain how changing the definition of marriage from man and a woman to man and an man, doesn't change the defintion of marriage?

And you know liberals are losing the argument when they have to make up crap like the last.

There wouldn't be a gay rights movement if gays hadn't been harassed. Check out why Stonewall happened.

Course not. Cause there is no way anyone could peaceably live together without forcing others to recognize their relationship as acceptable before the eyes of the law.

You don't have to agree with it. Just suck it up and accept that it exists. You can speak out against it all you want, you're free to speak, but it exists...so you have to accept it at least a little bit.

So "I" am a "group?"

And I was under the impression that Sky Dancer is a lesbian. If I'm wrong I'm wrong. Whatever.

I support Civil Unions for homos. What more do you want? You want me to accept your perversion? Ain't gonna happen. It's sick, disgusting, and turns my stomach. Course I've told you that a hundred times, and I'll tell you that another hundred times if you'd like.

I don't hate the person, I hate the perversion, the sin. You homos are free to do whatever you want as far as I'm concerned. Just don't try and push it on me. Keep it to yourself.

Isn't it interesting how people like you think more about gay sex than we gays do? That always struck me as so very odd.

So now you want to attempt to demonize me by insinuating I'm exactly what you are? :cuckoo:

My goodness...I would NEVER insinuate that you are a lesbian, Pale Rider. Never in my life.

Not even close.

Nice try!

Try the 14th Amendment, First Amendment's freedom of association, Article IV's privileges and immunities, just to start.

But they' are actually wrong...the Constitution doesn't "give" rights...it just protects the government from infringing on you.

the Constitution doesn't "give" rights...it just protects the citizens from the government infringing on your rights.

Is that more what you were trying to say?

I never thought of the Constitution protecting the government from the citizens. ;)

Immie

Forum List

Back