🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Christian florist vows Supreme appeal in same-sex war

This act violates their beliefs, which by definition is sinning. What is forcing the customers to use that florist? The party with the easiest remedy to the rights violations should be required to yield. In this case you have many sources of flowers.
What compelled this couple to use this florist? Could it be the quality of their work? Are you saying that a fair solution is for these customers to settle for less?

The florist is un business to provide flowers. If they provide flowers for an adulterer, are they then sinning. If they provide flowers for the wedding of a mafia princess, and they know the payment will be made in money gained illegal, are they then sinning. Is it a requirement that merchants and vendors provide a 'mercantile impermatur' to legitimize a wedding? Will the florists be made to actually participate in the wedding? Will they officiate the ceremony? Will they smash a small goblet and shout "Mozel Tov!"? Are they expected to show up at the reception with a toaster oven wrapped in silver paper? Is there a Florist/Bride dance?

These particular florists are using faith as an aegis to provide legal cover for bigotry. Just as they are perverting Christianity to serve an evil purpose, they now seek to pervert the constitution to deny what every other citizens takes for granted, namely equal justice under law.
No one should use religion as an excuse to avoid doing something distasteful. A simple refusal should be enough. The Christian provider is required to commit a sin without cause or justification other than the principle of making someone knuckle under.
A simple refusal is discrimination. Why? Because the business of a florist is floral design. They provide similar services to other customers. Presuming a customer is wearing a shirt and shoes and can and will pay the bill, refusing service because they happen to be Gay is, indeed, discrimination.

And conducting business for a florist is not committing a sin. Where did this peculiar dogma come from? I am a Christian and have been for sixty years. Never has my minister ever admonished the congregation to avoid commerce with Gay customers. Suddenly, some folks identifying themselves as Christians have popped up to twist that beautiful, forgiving and loving faith to serve a vile purpose. As a Christian, I am appalle.
No one has said that Christians are prohibited from commerce with homosexuals. Christians shall not commit a sin rhemselves. Participating in a same sex wedding is committing a sin. The Christian should not be compelled to commit that sin.
They aren't participating. They're vendors of wares.
When the personal attention of the businessperson is required outside of the business premises it has moved beyond being simple vendors of wares.

I think homophobia is an actual crime, but then again, I've known people who've been fired and beaten up for merely being gay. So I have no problem with government slapping homophobes down, hard.

I'm glad we've got health codes. I'm glad we have public accommodation laws.

Thought crimes, aren't you just a bundle of fascism?

No one has said that Christians are prohibited from commerce with homosexuals. Christians shall not commit a sin rhemselves. Participating in a same sex wedding is committing a sin. The Christian should not be compelled to commit that sin.
What other sins does the florist refuse to participate in? Weddings that fit Jesus' definition of adultery? Flowers for a mistress?
When the only sin that's refused is to have anything to do with a gay marriage (which is not condemned or even mentioned in the Bible)?

What other sins does the florist refuse to participate in? Weddings that fit Jesus' definition of adultery? Flowers for a mistress?
When the only sin that's refused is to have anything to do with a gay marriage (which is not condemned or even mentioned in the Bible)?
She isn't refusing to participate in a sin. She is refusing to commit a sin herself. This is a judgment she is entitled to make. It is the same one I would make. Although I believe that artistic creation is solely in the judgment of the artist and should never be compelled under any circumstances.

She isn't refusing to participate in a sin. She is refusing to commit a sin herself. This is a judgment she is entitled to make. It is the same one I would make. Although I believe that artistic creation is solely in the judgment of the artist and should never be compelled under any circumstances.
Ok, you have me confused. Why is providing flowers for a homosexual wedding a sin if not because homosexual marriage/relationships are a sin?

I agree in principle that individuals should not be required to commit what they believe to be a sin as a requirement to work, but I do not consider that to be an absolute, and does not excuse one from obeying a law that is not inherently or purposefully discriminatory against any religious belief.

I agree with the majority of the OP except for the prohibition BS. As long as your rights don't interfere with mine I give zero fucks what you do in your spare time or with whom you do it with.

Ok, you have me confused. Why is providing flowers for a homosexual wedding a sin if not because homosexual marriage/relationships are a sin?

I agree in principle that individuals should not be required to commit what they believe to be a sin as a requirement to work, but I do not consider that to be an absolute, and does not excuse one from obeying a law that is not inherently or purposefully discriminatory against any religious belief.
The law requires this woman to violate her principles and enter into a relationship, albeit a business relationship, that she considers sinful.

Governments that do that are evil.

Best thing to do is if they cannot follow business laws, pull their business license.
Yeah we will revisit this when a Muslim is forced to depict the Profit
Well, Muslim taxi drivers in Minneapolis have lost their business licenses for refusing to transport passengers with alcohol or dogs. And that was almost 10 years ago.
Somali Taxi Drivers in Minnesota in Dispute Over Passengers with Pets, Alcohol
At least they weren't required to go to a bar.

Best thing to do is if they cannot follow business laws, pull their business license.
Well, Muslim taxi drivers in Minneapolis have lost their business licenses for refusing to transport passengers with alcohol or dogs. And that was almost 10 years ago.
No they have not lost their business.
Currently, drivers who refuse to take passengers must go to the end of the taxi line. They wait for their turn in a nearby parking lot where it may take two hours or more before they are called back to the airport.
I have not been able to find any current update on this issue so I'm thinking jack shit was done.

I agree with the Muslim cabbies stance by the way if they own their own cabs or the company they work for supports their them.

It is highly unlikely any government could function without 'forcing' someone to do something that person considered sinful, given all the possibilities of 'faith'.

It is highly unlikely any government could function without 'forcing' someone to do something that person considered sinful, given all the possibilities of 'faith'.
Name something? The government prohibits lots of actions but not until now does the government want to force action.

Currently, drivers who refuse to take passengers must go to the end of the taxi line. They wait for their turn in a nearby parking lot where it may take two hours or more before they are called back to the airport.
I have not been able to find any current update on this issue so I'm thinking jack shit was done.

"An ordinance adopted by the Metropolitan Airports Commission last year revokes a cab driver's license for 30 days for refusing a fare at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport. A second refusal brings a two-year revocation."

Muslim cabbies lose round in court - USATODAY.com

>>>>

"An ordinance adopted by the Metropolitan Airports Commission last year revokes a cab driver's license for 30 days for refusing a fare at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport. A second refusal brings a two-year revocation."

Muslim cabbies lose round in court - USATODAY.com

>>>>
Well they are getting fucked then. Refusing to drive someone in a car does not violate a person's right to life. liberty and happiness anymore than refusing to bake a fucking cake. The Government is overstepping their mandate as they always do.

I will settle your confusion.

Do you believe that two men or two women marrying is a sin?

You do! Then don't enter into a same sex marriage. See how easy that is.

Do you believe that approving, condoning or participating in a same sex marriage event is a sin?

You do! Sorry, you don't get to sit this one out.

How hard is it to say you're going on vacation that week?

image.jpeg

I agree with the Muslim cabbies stance by the way if they own their own cabs or the company they work for supports their them.
The article I posted was from 2007 when it all first started and you are referring to how things were before the regulations were passed.

In 2008 the drivers lost in court Muslim cab drivers lose round in court and since then have had to not discriminate or lose their license.

Forum List

Back